nsi-189

• Please log in to reply
6219 replies to this topic

#2611 cani!

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

Just wanted to share my experience:

I tried NSI phosphate at 40mg twice a day for about 5 weeks and I am amazed by the results. Frankly, I just wanted to see what the hype was about and I never thought of myself as a depressed guy (lazy yes, but not depressed). I wanted some general cognitive improvement and was wishing to try something new since most of the nootropics I've tried didn't work too well (racetams, afinils etc.). The phase 1B trial were proof enough of the safety of the compound in my books so I pulled the trigger.

Anyways, at first I didn't notice much but felt "something" was happening. I was stopping to play with my kids in the fresh late summer evenings, felt more empathy towards other (which is rather unusual in academia where critics usually fly pretty low) had more motivation than usual to go through research papers.

At around the two weeks mark, I began feeling a little bit of anxiety (very unusual for me) and some old issues came back.  At first I was pretty distraught by those issues since externally, everything seems to be rather well: I have a loving wife and two kids, a good job at my university and I study full time to get my PhD. But I faced those issues head-on and plowed through most of them with much satisfaction.

After that, is started getting insights on the big picture of my life, set some new long term goals, made some wise decision and felt somehow very peacefull through it all. I began noticing I had more energy, a more positive outlook on life and more tolerance for those less lucky than me. I do not feel the need to always accomplish but also to take the time to smell the roses....

It all happened gradually over the course of the month and for the first time in my life, I accepted to live with my emotion rather than fight them with rationnality. My relationships deepened tremendously and quite frankly, I've never been happier in my life.

It has been 4 weeks since the end of my trial and I feel even better now... I ordered more NSI to do a couple of cycle and see how deep the rabbit hole goes (to quote a rather cliché line).

Cognitively, I seem to have been able to focus better and my dual back score has improved about 10% during the trial... So it is not as efficient as Semax (for me) in that term but there is definetly a benefit.

Overall, if I had to quantify the effects it would be (1 no effect 10 life changing effects)

Mood enhancement (acute): 6

Mood enhancement (long term):10

Health vitality: 7

Focus: 6

Memory: 7

Creativity: 9

Social interaction: 10

Executive functions (decision etc..): 9

Logical thinking: 2

I won't discuss my source as stated in the rule but the product seems to be consistent with what's availlable in the litterature in terms of physical propreties.

Thanks, 

Edited by cani!, 24 September 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#2612 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

Hmm, this member is no longer active?  After a glowing review, I wonder why he/she didn't stick around?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2613 neopeon

• 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

accidental post

Edited by neopeon, 24 September 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#2614 cani!

• 81 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:54 PM

Still here! I had trouble registering on the site. I've taken so much information on here and I wanted to contribute a bit but the registration process is a pain in the neck. I had several issues and had to contact the administrator. Even then, my profile is weirded up.

Hence my name (can I register to that damn forum or not!)

Meltdown over :-)

• Enjoying the show x 1

#2615 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:12 PM

Hmm, this member is no longer active? After a glowing review, I wonder why he/she didn't stick around?

NSI-189 made him realize he didn't want to hang around us sad sacks anymore.
  • like x 4

#2616 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:12 PM

"After that, is started getting insights on the big picture of my life, set some new long term goals, made some wise decision and felt somehow very peacefull through it all. I began noticing I had more energy, a more positive outlook on life and more tolerance for those less lucky than me. I do not feel the need to always accomplish but also to take the time to smell the roses...."

The same with me...

#2617 FocusPocus

• 225 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:30 AM

Still here! I had trouble registering on the site. I've taken so much information on here and I wanted to contribute a bit but the registration process is a pain in the neck. I had several issues and had to contact the administrator. Even then, my profile is weirded up.

Hence my name (can I register to that damn forum or not!)

Meltdown over :-)

Cant message you Cani cos like I said you dont exist! 

Could you send me a PM? Wanted to ask you about a vendor/source if thats ok.

I joined the private group, am waiting for being accepted.

#2618 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Still wrapping my mind around trying to quantify the effects of NSI-189, but as an initial report, I can say it's been positive. It seems to boost my mood, focus, and awareness while diminishing my apathy. It also feels easier to get out of bed. 

The increased hippocampal hypothesis doesn't seem to be the MOA for these effects, since all of the effects started after the first dose. 

Reading the common side effect as usually being headache, I was astounded that I actually haven't had a headache since starting my trial. This is interesting because I always seem to have a low-level headache unless taking an anti-inflammatory. The first few days I had extreme sensitivity to temperature in my teeth. Not sure if this was related to the neurological effects of sublingual administration, or the chemistry of the powder attacking my teeth. It seems to have gone away now.

• like x 2

#2619 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:05 AM

I have been using 30mg BID - TID for almost 2 months now. This is the first substance that I feel has definitely helped me with memory. I work as an electrician and while on NSI I have been able to remember various numbers all day without even trying. It is also much easier for me to remember people's names, faces, etc. The only drug that comes close to this effect for me is noopept. Perhaps they are synergistic as I take noopept (also aniracetam which is more like caffiene for me) daily as well.

Another thing with memory is I have been having seemingly random memories vividly flash through my mind day after day. I am taking advantage of this and focusing on them in a positive light. I feel this effect is very therapeutic.

The other effect would be a mood boost. I feel a certain stimulation and sense of lucidity. These seem like effects which one would expect from an antidepressant.

• like x 3

#2620 hullcrush

• 83 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:54 AM

I cringe at speculating but I'd like to know if the compound has appreciable affinity against NMDA receptors. The computer modeling for NMDA targets isn't the greatest at this point, and I'd need about $1000 to run the assays. The patent holders know the affinity for sure. I'll try the first step, but I'm not likely to get anything relevant.

#2621 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

I've been using nsi 189 for an initial 2 week period then break of 2 weeks and then commenced taking it for a month before breaking again.

I suffer depression and major anxiety where I simply don't want to be around people. It's really affecting my life now. I'm only just managing work.

Anyway after first 2 weeks I felt positive although very anxious, more than normal whilst I took it. It just didn't stop me doing things as much as my usual anxiety would. I felt ok for about 5 days not taking nsi before I returned to baseline and needed venlafaxine to get by as I was on holiday and didn't have nsi with me.

When I returned home I recommenced nsi and quit the venlafaxine.
This time I didn't feel as I was in as good a mindframe as before. It seems to give me enough energy to manage work but that's about it. Once I'm home with my wife and toddler I am so depressed. My mood just sinks. I'm really wanting nsi to be the answer as I like the theory behind the hippocampul growth but it just doesn't seem to be pushing my illness into remission enough. and as for the hippocampus growth theory being the moa I don't think that is the main one as the effects are instant almost. I tried again after a month to stop and my mood just shot down again and I feel the old 9-5 working life just isn't worth living for.
It is true you can become very melancholic also on nsi in my experience. Sometimes it's nice as with normal antidepressants they blunt your emotions and feelings. Other times it's just a big downer!
I've still got a good amount left and I live in hope that an answer will be found to the anxiety side effect. Which to be honest my anxiety is made worse by most antidepressants.
  • like x 1

#2622 ovecta

• 68 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:16 AM

Posted Today, 10:16 AM

Al Capacino, on 04 Oct 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:snapback.png

I've been using nsi 189 for an initial 2 week period then break of 2 weeks and then commenced taking it for a month before breaking again.

I suffer depression and major anxiety where I simply don't want to be around people. It's really affecting my life now. I'm only just managing work.

Anyway after first 2 weeks I felt positive although very anxious, more than normal whilst I took it. It just didn't stop me doing things as much as my usual anxiety would. I felt ok for about 5 days not taking nsi before I returned to baseline and needed venlafaxine to get by as I was on holiday and didn't have nsi with me.

This time I didn't feel as I was in as good a mindframe as before. It seems to give me enough energy to manage work but that's about it. Once I'm home with my wife and toddler I am so depressed. My mood just sinks. I'm really wanting nsi to be the answer as I like the theory behind the hippocampul growth but it just doesn't seem to be pushing my illness into remission enough. and as for the hippocampus growth theory being the moa I don't think that is the main one as the effects are instant almost. I tried again after a month to stop and my mood just shot down again and I feel the old 9-5 working life just isn't worth living for.
It is true you can become very melancholic also on nsi in my experience. Sometimes it's nice as with normal antidepressants they blunt your emotions and feelings. Other times it's just a big downer!
I've still got a good amount left and I live in hope that an answer will be found to the anxiety side effect. Which to be honest my anxiety is made worse by most antidepressants.

Very Sorry to hear this, hope you pull through it mate! Anti-depressants can be abit hit or miss it seems, just have to find the one that best suits you.

I got very bad anxiety from NSI-189 at the start, it persisted during the month but I managed to get it down to a much more manageable level with Mirtazapine, found it didn't numb my emotions the way lexapro did or cause me sexual dysfunction, it pulled me out of a pretty bad depression.

Whats not clear is if NSI-189 is going to be recommended as a mono-therapy or if its meant to be used along side other antidepressants, personally I found it mixed well with Tianeptine and Mirtazapine.

Edited by ovecta, 04 October 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#2623 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

going off antidepressants will cause a depressive episode in most cases. peeple should not just quit taking their antidepressants when starting nsi.....you are not the first one here who had a depressive episode after stoping  antidepressants... take nsi and your antidepressant together until you feel really good...then maybe half a year later try to go off the antidepressants SLOWLY!  btw...neuralstem never said anything about cycling...their plan with this drug is that you take it for half a year and then stop for good...maybe try that. 

Edited by mamborambo, 04 October 2014 - 09:31 AM.

• like x 2

#2624 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

I was on mirtazapine at the start of this year. I did well on it once I got to the higher doses...I think was 40-45mg? The psychiatrist was wanting to put me Upto 60 but instead I decided to quit as I didn't seem interested in talking to the wife or playing with my son. I sometimes think about going back on it. Despite the sedation I actually had a lot of energy to do things and became very confident. The thing is though, do you not feel a bit like a zombie with the sedative effect? I tried playing sports and I had no balance at all due to my legs feeling like lead! All though I had more stamina for the gym and had the motivation for it too. It's very tempting to go back to mirt especially as it would cancel out my anxiety and allow the benefits of nsi to be more prominent.

And you are quite right I think nsi may well be best used alongside another antidepressant. I found it mixed well with venlafaxine but venlafaxine causes bad short term memory which is not good for my job!

#2625 ovecta

• 68 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

I was on mirtazapine at the start of this year. I did well on it once I got to the higher doses...I think was 40-45mg? The psychiatrist was wanting to put me Upto 60 but instead I decided to quit as I didn't seem interested in talking to the wife or playing with my son. I sometimes think about going back on it. Despite the sedation I actually had a lot of energy to do things and became very confident. The thing is though, do you not feel a bit like a zombie with the sedative effect? I tried playing sports and I had no balance at all due to my legs feeling like lead! All though I had more stamina for the gym and had the motivation for it too. It's very tempting to go back to mirt especially as it would cancel out my anxiety and allow the benefits of nsi to be more prominent.

And you are quite right I think nsi may well be best used alongside another antidepressant. I found it mixed well with venlafaxine but venlafaxine causes bad short term memory which is not good for my job!

Have you started on the smaller doses of 15mg first? Supposedly going up in 7.5mg increments will help you find the ideal dosage, my ideal dosage was 22.5mg.

I think its a myth that higher dosages aren't sedating, I find im much more fatigued with 60mg compared to 15mg.

I find that the sedative effect wears of after a week or two, but it can be very heavy the first few days, so much so alot of people give up as they think it never goes away.

It's worth a shot anyway.

#2626 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:06 PM

going off antidepressants will cause a depressive episode in most cases. peeple should not just quit taking their antidepressants when starting nsi.....you are not the first one here who had a depressive episode after stoping antidepressants... take nsi and your antidepressant together until you feel really good...then maybe half a year later try to go off the antidepressants SLOWLY! btw...neuralstem never said anything about cycling...their plan with this drug is that you take it for half a year and then stop for good...maybe try that.

I've been on 6 different antidepressants so far this year alone. They prescribed me an antipsychotic but I refuse to take it from what I've read of it destroying the brain and. making people worse off.

So maybe it is testament to nsi189 that I have actually stuck it out where the others I've taken this year, lofepramine, trazadone, buproprion, venlafaxine, mirtazapine and lexapro have been and gone. For how long though I don't know as I can only manage nsi when I have other substances to ease the anxiety such as pregabilin, kratom, aniracetam, tianeptine. I don't know how long I can keep up with self medicating though. Sometimes it's just easier to let go of the control and let someone else make those decisions. I just keep looking for something better than the traditional remedies. I wish my psychiatrist would just listen to me instead of prescribing brain degrading pills and sedatives to control my anxiety. Or maybe I just have to accept a sedative medicine is the best long term pill for me. A bitter pill to swallow that is though...

#2627 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

Have you started on the smaller doses of 15mg first? Supposedly going up in 7.5mg increments will help you find the ideal dosage, my ideal dosage was 22.5mg.
I think its a myth that higher dosages aren't sedating, I find im much more fatigued with 60mg compared to 15mg.
I find that the sedative effect wears of after a week or two, but it can be very heavy the first few days, so much so alot of people give up as they think it never goes away.
It's worth a shot anyway.

The sedation does get easier but it's still there and lingers I felt. When I stopped, my body felt so light again!
I found 45mg was a great dose for me. It started to stimulate me more to do things I would never normally do because of sheer fear and anxiety of being outside or amongst people. I started washing the car, even performing my first modifications on a car by teaching myself, taking care of the garden and going to gym. These were great signs. But at the back of my head I always felt as if I wasn't living life as I was partially sedated and too calm would you believe. I just keep wanting to return to my youth now or earlier 20s when I was fine. God knows what's happened to me in this time. I'm just not me anymore!

#2628 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:38 PM

going off antidepressants will cause a depressive episode in most cases. peeple should not just quit taking their antidepressants when starting nsi.....you are not the first one here who had a depressive episode after stoping antidepressants... take nsi and your antidepressant together until you feel really good...then maybe half a year later try to go off the antidepressants SLOWLY! btw...neuralstem never said anything about cycling...their plan with this drug is that you take it for half a year and then stop for good...maybe try that.

I've been on 6 different antidepressants so far this year alone. They prescribed me an antipsychotic but I refuse to take it from what I've read of it destroying the brain and. making people worse off.

So maybe it is testament to nsi189 that I have actually stuck it out where the others I've taken this year, lofepramine, trazadone, buproprion, venlafaxine, mirtazapine and lexapro have been and gone. For how long though I don't know as I can only manage nsi when I have other substances to ease the anxiety such as pregabilin, kratom, aniracetam, tianeptine. I don't know how long I can keep up with self medicating though. Sometimes it's just easier to let go of the control and let someone else make those decisions. I just keep looking for something better than the traditional remedies. I wish my psychiatrist would just listen to me instead of prescribing brain degrading pills and sedatives to control my anxiety. Or maybe I just have to accept a sedative medicine is the best long term pill for me. A bitter pill to swallow that is though...

I had the anxiety in the beginning as well...but now I take NSI with a supplement and I dont have any anxiety any more.

Maybe you should see a psychotherapist instead of somebody who just pushes pills.

Psychotherapy changes the brain as well:  

http://www.psychiatr...y-changes-brain

http://www.nature.co...l/4001816a.html

causes for brain dysfunctions: 

Edited by mamborambo, 04 October 2014 - 12:39 PM.

#2629 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:51 PM

the part at 11:23 in the video is very interesting for people with depression or psychotic symptoms:

Edited by mamborambo, 04 October 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#2630 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

I also stopped taking the NSI-189 about a month ago because of the anxiety it caused. The first time I used the NSI, I was still on wellbutrin and zoloft and the NSI was great. I became more motivated to do things I hadn't done for a long time, which also made me feel better and I also started becoming more outgoing and relaxed around people. Every day while taking it things just seemed to get a little bit better. I was very happy with the results and thought that for me, NSI was the answer. Then I ran out of my supply and had to wait for the group buy to deliver. THANKS VLK! In the meantime, I stopped taking my anti-D meds, because it was almost spring and I try every year to quit the meds, but have usually had to go back to them in the fall. So I had been off the meds for at least 3 months when I got more NSI. I started taking it without the meds and the anxiety just began to build until I had to quit using it. I even ran a cycle of cerebrolysin to try and relieve the anxiety, which lessened it somewhat. Shortly after quiting the NSI, I went back on the meds. It has been a month since I started taking the meds again and I still have a fair amount of NSI left. My plan is to wait another month, then try the NSI, while still taking my meds. By that time I will also have more cerebrolysin. Cerebrolysin, by itself, is enough to relieve my depression and other mental problems, but the cost and injections are too much for me to maintain.
  • like x 1

#2631 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

I've been on NSI for like 8 months straight. One thing I do notice about NSI is that if I forget to take it for 3 days in a row I start to feel shitty again. I have done this a handful of times. This goes against what they say that the 'effects persist for 1 month after last dose'.

#2632 mamborambo

• 33 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

I've been on NSI for like 8 months straight. One thing I do notice about NSI is that if I forget to take it for 3 days in a row I start to feel shitty again. I have done this a handful of times. This goes against what they say that the 'effects persist for 1 month after last dose'.

how much did you take?

are you on antipressants?

did you stop taking antidepressants?

have you ever tried not taking NSI for morer than a month?

#2633 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:59 PM

I´ve took it Yesterday again after a long break.

Its a bit different than prior, now it increases euphoria but its fades after 1 hour away and causes kind of deppresive syndromes.

Just a thought: Could it be that NSI-189 increases either Glucocorticoids or Mineralocorticoids ?

Because I´m actually thinking that GR or MR are causing my kind of Depression,

this in turn could:

- expalin the anxiety because e.g. Aldosterone leads to anxiety

- and the neurogenesis effects

Differential effects of stress and glucocorticoids on adult neurogenesis.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23670817

Edited by Flex, 04 October 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#2634 hullcrush

• 83 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:47 AM

The NSI-189 from Wild Distributions has a melting point of 88 degrees C. That's about one hundred degrees lower than it should be based on the crudest calculations (not very accurate), and 80 degrees lower than the tested form posted here.

I'm thinking the phosphate addition would increase the melting point, so this item may be freebase.

Caveat: My mel-temp is 99% accurate with sucrose (188 C reported vs. 186 defined) , but that accuracy may be lower/higher at temperatures around 88 degrees C.

So I'm paying out of pocket to FT-IR the sample.

Edited by hullcrush, 05 October 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#2635 hephaestus

• 180 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

How difficult would it be to convert the freebase form to phosphate? I have some freebase but it seems like it would be better to use the same form as the neuralstem studies.

#2636 Frederik Emil Hanfgarn

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

The NSI-189 from Wild Distributions has a melting point of 88 degrees C. That's about one hundred degrees lower than it should be based on the crudest calculations (not very accurate), and 80 degrees lower than the tested form posted here.

I'm thinking the phosphate addition would increase the melting point, so this item may be freebase.

Caveat: My mel-temp is 99% accurate with sucrose (188 C reported vs. 186 defined) , but that accuracy may be lower/higher at temperatures around 88 degrees C.

So I'm paying out of pocket to FT-IR the sample.

Is there a problem with this? Will the compound be less functional with this phosphate addition?

#2637 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:44 PM

how much did you take?

are you on antipressants?

did you stop taking antidepressants?

have you ever tried not taking NSI for morer than a month?

For the most part I have taken 40mg x 1 a day, early on I was only taking 20mg x 1 a day

I have never found an anti depressant that actually helped so no I wasn't on any antidepressants.

I have been on the NSI straight for 8 months.

#2638 Al Capacino

• 120 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

I have had a similar experience drg. The effects definitely do not persist for a month after use.

I think there is much more to discover on how this drug works really.

After 8 months, do you feel it is worth it drg? I find it enables me to manage day to day life but I don't exactly thrive!

I think the anxiety is the main negative that stops me doing things. A shame as the mood boost is decent but what good is a mood boost when your nerves are on end!

#2639 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 October 2014 - 10:19 PM

For me its 100% worth it, I have tried many meds but this is the only thing that does it for me. I am going to stay on it as long as I can. I can't imagine it not being approved.

Lol I can't say I thrive but I can cope at least 

No anxiety though hardly any side effects. Perhaps try taking 1 big dose before bed and it could reduce the anxiety during the day... hopefully something can help with that though... :/

Edited by drg, 06 October 2014 - 10:59 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2640 titanxvx

• 23 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 10:21 AM

Has anybody tried NSI-189 for seasonal depression?

I live in the Pacific Northwest and get it every year around November. Just about 10 years now.

I've been through the all the other bells and whistles the medical community could throw at me. Anti-depressants, light therapy, therapy etc.

No positive results, but plenty of side effects from the anti-depressants. I have always exercised and my diet is top notch and get outdoors alot. But come November I just want to dig a hole and come out in April.

I've read most of this thread and don't recall any specific seasonal issues.

Might be willing to give it a shot even if I am the first.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users