• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#1081 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

No improvements in memory / reasoning / planning on a battery of Cambridge tests after 12 days, 30-50mg / day on Dihexa. 

Edited by Megatrone, 29 September 2014 - 10:54 AM.

• like x 1
  • Informative x 1

#1082 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hey all. I've been reading up on this thread here and Dihexa looks promising. Does anyone know where to buy it and what is the cost? Thank you a lot if you can answer this question.

xks201 and Nyles7 managed the first group purchase here . I'm not sure about plans for a second round.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1083 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:06 PM

No improvements in memory / reasoning / planning on a battery of Cambridge tests after 12 days, 30-50mg / day on Dihexa. 

How unfortunate. Just the same, thanks for posting objective data. So we're down to:

1. Dihexa has a short term profocus effect at something between 50mg and 700mg -- short term in time-to-effect, not necessarily the durability of the effect with continued dosage.

2. Its long term effect takes more than 12 days to detect and/or 50mg isn't enough to manifest it, at least in your case.

Anyone else have any numbers to share?

#1084 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:51 PM

Guys, I don't understand;the original article said that both the brain injected rats and the rats that took it orally had the same result blocking scopolamine induced cognitive defects. Did the rats who took DIHEXA orally receive massive doses?
  • like x 1

#1085 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

Seeing as it is long acting bdnf and not speed I'd give it a month or two before getting your hopes down. If 50mg a day did nothing try 500 at once.

Edited by xks201, 29 September 2014 - 09:04 PM.

• dislike x 6
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#1086 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:46 PM

You're crazy xks.  It is irresponsible of you to recommend members to take a megadose of a research chemical and put their safety at risk.

• like x 4

#1087 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:48 AM

You're an idiot. He just took 600mg. The half life is over a month. He's already on board and if he finishes up the sample the plasma levels will be the same most of the time anyway.
  • dislike x 4
  • Unfriendly x 1

#1088 X_Danny_X

• 344 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:17 AM

You're an idiot. He just took 600mg. The half life is over a month. He's already on board and if he finishes up the sample the plasma levels will be the same most of the time anyway.

Xks201,   is DHEXA continuing to benefit you and increase intelligence?   How long have you been using it for?

Edited by X_Danny_X, 30 September 2014 - 02:17 AM.

#1089 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:04 AM

Lol, just because he took it and survived does not mean it was fully safe and had no harmful effects.  One must be extremely careful when dealing with research chemicals such as this.  We can all see that you are the moron here for such a buffoon suggestion.

• like x 1

#1090 allstargajo

• 50 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

Relax people... we are all morons and buffoons at some point. Move along. And remember as IN EVERYTHING, please use common sense and your own judgement.

Keep testing and posting objective data. I, for one, appreciate everyone's effort.

Edited by allstargajo, 30 September 2014 - 09:56 AM.

• like x 1

#1091 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Lol, just because he took it and survived does not mean it was fully safe and had no harmful effects.  One must be extremely careful when dealing with research chemicals such as this.  We can all see that you are the moron here for such a buffoon suggestion.

Going to be ignoring you from now on. You harass me and other people here like yada and that is about all you are good for. Must be a wonderful life being an internet troll. Any resemblance to the last troll that left this thread? Hmmmmm 

Edited by xks201, 30 September 2014 - 12:42 PM.

• dislike x 2
  • Unfriendly x 1

#1092 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Are there any spare samples of Dihexa floating around...? I've been away from Longecity for some months now, but I'd love to try another synth of Dihexa to compare it to my initial experience (which was nothing really beyond the realm of placebo).
  • like x 1

#1093 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

sorry for the angst guys I just have a job, advanced science classes, and tons of stuff going on right now. promise i will give updates as I get them. money is about to be transferred to N as the other 2/3rds of it get here and it will go out immediately. Despite my stress , I am doing relatively well and do notice increased stress tolerance and athletic performance. I want to give DIHEXA the benefit of the doubt and see what happens 1-2 months down the road after being on it and having a gram or so in me. It has an incredibly long half life. I noticed effects from 150mg for 4 weeks. I think it is not a fast acting noot. The stress resistance it provides has enabled me to do all the crap I'm doing right now and not lose my mind aside from taking it out on several of you here. Sorry for that.  I'm not gonna recommend any doses of it to anyone's rats. 

Edited by xks201, 30 September 2014 - 05:20 PM.

• like x 4

#1094 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:34 PM

sorry for the angst guys I just have a job, advanced science classes, and tons of stuff going on right now. promise i will give updates as I get them. money is about to be transferred to N as the other 2/3rds of it get here and it will go out immediately. Despite my stress , I am doing relatively well and do notice increased stress tolerance and athletic performance. I want to give DIHEXA the benefit of the doubt and see what happens 1-2 months down the road after being on it and having a gram or so in me. It has an incredibly long half life. I noticed effects from 150mg for 4 weeks. I think it is not a fast acting noot. The stress resistance it provides has enabled me to do all the crap I'm doing right now and not lose my mind aside from taking it out on several of you here. Sorry for that.  I'm not gonna recommend any doses of it to anyone's rats. 

If more people can get real life results like this (and I tend to believe that this is a real effect on Xks, and not placebo) its better than the self esteem we get scoring high in "internet games" that do not apply much in real life. Its not sure that the increased resilience that Xks describes, would give you better points in on line tests. Do not loose faith in Dihexa and keep reports from objective and subjective effects coming!

• like x 1

#1095 chairofgold

• 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:52 AM

Does anyone know when is the next group buy? I would like to try Dihexa. I need brain growth.

#1096 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:22 AM

Does anyone know when is the next group buy? I would like to try Dihexa. I need brain growth.

Why do you 'need brain growth'. It's like saying 'I need body mass' without defining what type. Or 'I need a career' without saying what kind. Sure you can get extra body mass, but it could be fat which could be detrimental to your health.............but you 'needed' body mass. You could have a career making next to nothing but you 'needed' a career.

For instance, you can greatly increase neuroplasticity of parts of your brain with cocaine. But typically parts of the brain that are just mostly related to addiction such as the mesolimbic pathway. If what you need is 'brain growth' why not cocaine?

You need to direct this growth with something positive or otherwise it is meaningless. Learn, study, pair it with psychostimulants for long term behavioral modification, or at least have a goal or reason to use this powerful of a substance (Dihexa this is, not cocaine) other than simply 'needing' brain growth.

I don't meant to come across as a jerk, but I want you to think about wanting brain growth just for the heck of it.

Edited by FW900, 01 October 2014 - 04:24 AM.

• like x 2

#1097 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:05 AM

I'm having a bit of trouble with wxMaxima integrating the halflife formula to get bioconcentration at a particular day given a particular bioavailable dose per day:

integrate(bioavailabledoseperday*0.5^(day/halflife),day)

it integrates to

−1.442695040888963*bioavailabledoseperday*halflife*0.5^(day/halflife)

Where does the - sign come from and does any of this look right?

#1098 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:44 AM

Can anybody elaborate on the hypertensive effects? My BP is a bit high so I'm wondering how many points this might push it up.

#1099 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:14 AM

Can anybody elaborate on the hypertensive effects? My BP is a bit high so I'm wondering how many points this might push it up.

the concern is that dihexa may become "dirty" in higher doses and non selectively target other angiotensin receptors. Start low and work up as tolerated. One Guinea pig of ours has taken over a gram in a day with no ill effects so you are unlikely to run into problems, especially if you are on ACE Inhibitors (which you probably do if you are hypertensive). So titrate upwards depending how much you want. I think maybe loading 250-500mg followed by 100mg daily is what I would probably do.

#1100 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

xks, would you care to do some objective testing as well? 

#1101 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:57 PM

For instance, you can greatly increase neuroplasticity of parts of your brain with cocaine. But typically parts of the brain that are just mostly related to addiction such as the mesolimbic pathway. If what you need is 'brain growth' why not cocaine?

You need to direct this growth with something positive or otherwise it is meaningless. Learn, study, pair it with psychostimulants for long term behavioral modification, or at least have a goal or reason to use this powerful of a substance (Dihexa this is, not cocaine) other than simply 'needing' brain growth.

I don't meant to come across as a jerk, but I want you to think about wanting brain growth just for the heck of it.

The plasticity is increased while using i.e. especially the first time using Cocaine

and then afaik every time when You are taking it.

After that ( the first time), You get a perresistend* impaired Synaptic plasticity, which accumulates with futher usage

So impaired plasticity is the reason for the enduring addiction which lasts, if its appear,

from a short time over 6 Years (!) or even longer. 

On the other hand, You dont need to become addicted to get an impaired plasticity.

Addiction is the "Cherry top" and affects within 2 years of use, only 20% of the people.

As said if You get addicted, then.. have fun for probably the next Years..

* Bit complicated, not one target is affected, but several.

after 10 weeks some plasticity mechanism are restored for (afaik) e.g. learning

after several months are also some further mechanisms reversed, but some through compounds like Acetylcysteine

Ah and Btw Cocaine causes "micro-strokes"

For more infos, take a look at my Cocaine thread

http://www.longecity...eversal-thread/

Edited by Flex, 01 October 2014 - 12:59 PM.

• like x 1

#1102 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:11 PM

I'm having a bit of trouble with wxMaxima integrating the halflife formula to get bioconcentration at a particular day given a particular bioavailable dose per day:

integrate(bioavailabledoseperday*0.5^(day/halflife),day)

it integrates to

−1.442695040888963*bioavailabledoseperday*halflife*0.5^(day/halflife)

Where does the - sign come from and does any of this look right?

What program are you using to integrate that? I'm on my phone right now but I'll integrate it later when I'm not. When you integrate by parts you subtract a substituted integral so that could be it.

And sure I'll do tests...link me to one

#1103 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:22 PM

He said he was using wxMaxima. The answer is correct.  jabowery, you should read this: http://www.math.com/...ls/more/b^x.htm  Remember that the logarithm of a number 0<x<1 will always be negative.

xks, for memory maybe try monkey ladder, digit span and paired associates. For reasoning: object recognition or odd-one-out? Concentration: rotations. Planning: spatial slider. http://www.cambridge...ces.com/browse/

• like x 1

#1104 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:40 PM

He said he was using wxMaxima. The answer is correct.  jabowery, you should read this: http://www.math.com/...ls/more/b^x.htm  Remember that the logarithm of a number 0<x<1 will always be negative.

So did I give it the wrong formula to integrate.

Or is it that I need to summate rather than integrate since this is step-wise dosage per day?

Edited by jabowery, 01 October 2014 - 03:41 PM.

#1105 fairy

• 143 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:55 PM

7hoqdWD.png

xks, for memory maybe try monkey ladder, digit span and paired associates. For reasoning: object recognition or odd-one-out? Concentration: rotations. Planning: spatial slider. http://www.cambridge...ces.com/browse/

Edit: Sorry, I saw your messagge only after posting mine.

Edited by fairy, 01 October 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#1106 xks201

• 839 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

Oh didn't see the values on my phone

#1107 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

The plasticity is increased while using i.e. especially the first time using Cocaine

and then afaik every time when You are taking it.

After that ( the first time), You get a perresistend* impaired Synaptic plasticity, which accumulates with futher usage

So impaired plasticity is the reason for the enduring addiction which lasts, if its appear,

from a short time over 6 Years (!) or even longer. 

On the other hand, You dont need to become addicted to get an impaired plasticity.

Addiction is the "Cherry top" and affects within 2 years of use, only 20% of the people.

As said if You get addicted, then.. have fun for probably the next Years..

* Bit complicated, not one target is affected, but several.

after 10 weeks some plasticity mechanism are restored for (afaik) e.g. learning

after several months are also some further mechanisms reversed, but some through compounds like Acetylcysteine

Ah and Btw Cocaine causes "micro-strokes"

For more infos, take a look at my Cocaine thread

http://www.longecity...eversal-thread/

Good information. Keep in mind, I mentioned cocaine as a hypothetical; that growth is not always a good thing. If I may counter, I do agree with you that it impairs plasticity in important regions but almost all literature that I have read indicates that increased plasticity occurs with continued use toward the reward systems.

http://www.nature.co...nn0708-737.html

Let's get this straight, I would never recommend cocaine. My point was, that senseless growth/plasticity/synaptogenesis is not always a good thing.

Back to Dihexa!

• like x 2

#1108 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

Or is it that I need to summate rather than integrate since this is step-wise dosage per day?

Here's the summation for the accumulated bioavailable drug, on day 'day', of a bioavailable drug given as daily bioavailable doses of 'bioavailabledoseperday' and a half life of 'halflife':

sum(bioavailabledoseperday*((1/2)^(t/halflife)), t, 1, day), simpsum;

wxMaxima symbolically simplifies it to:

((bioavailabledoseperday*(1/2^((day+1)/halflife)−1/2^(1/halflife)))/(1/2^(1/halflife)−1)

A protocol of 10mg per day, assuming 1% bioavailability and half life of 40 days, yields the function:

bioavailabledose(day):=2^((day+1)/40)−2^(1/40)/((5*2^(41/40)−10)*2^((day+1)/40));

Evaluating for one month:

bioavailabledose(30);

This is also nonsense.

Edited by jabowery, 01 October 2014 - 08:20 PM.

#1109 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:25 PM

The correct accumulation of bioavailable drug with 40 day half-life over 30 days for a 10mg/day dose with 1% bioavailability:

sum(.1*((1/2)^(t/40)), t, 1, 30);

This points to increasing the daily dosage unless someone can convince me the 1% figure mentioned in prior comments of this thread is a gross underestimate or that only 2mg bioavailable dihexa in an adult human is sufficient.

Spoiler

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1110 meth_use_lah

• 72 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:35 PM

Here's the summation for the accumulated bioavailable drug, on day 'day', of a bioavailable drug given as daily bioavailable doses of 'bioavailabledoseperday' and a half life of 'halflife':

sum(bioavailabledoseperday*((1/2)^(t/halflife)), t, 1, day), simpsum;

wxMaxima symbolically simplifies it to:

((bioavailabledoseperday*(1/2^((day+1)/halflife)−1/2^(1/halflife)))/(1/2^(1/halflife)−1)

A protocol of 10mg per day, assuming 1% bioavailability and half life of 40 days, yields the function:

bioavailabledose(day):=2^((day+1)/40)−2^(1/40)/((5*2^(41/40)−10)*2^((day+1)/40));

Evaluating for one month:

bioavailabledose(30);

This is also nonsense.

Lets call the sum you want to calculate S, d-daily dosage,h-halflife, t-time(days). 

S= d+d*0.5^(1/h)+d*0.5^(2/h)+....+d*0.5^(t/h)= d(1+0.5^(1/h)+0.5^(2/h)+...+0.5^(t/h))=[It's a geometric progression]=d(1-0.5^((t+1)/h))/(1-0.5^(1/h)) 

d=10 

h=40

t=30

S=241.92 (w/o respect to any bioavailability)

Edited by meth_use_lah, 01 October 2014 - 09:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users