• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#1291 lurker1

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

A brand new study using dihexa on fish

journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fncel.2015.00003/pdf

#1292 drg

• 332 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:35 AM

I am all out of the dihexa. I believe I notice some changes. I was very edgy and combative (which is unusual) last week, but on the other hand had was easily pushing through 19 hour days. I have played 2 games of basketball and they were some of the best games I have ever played. No noticable improvements in video games but i usually play them drunk or tired so idk. Socially, perhaps small improvements if any.

Definately considering buying more, I just need to decide whether it is worth the money compared to other things I can put that money towards. Also I will see how long the effects persist.

Been on it a few more days. Took a dose of 200mg didn't notice much, at least no positive effects. Once I read about dissolving the Dihexa I began doing that. My appetite has increased. Unfortunately no improvement, socially, fatigue, at sports / video games. I will wait till I finish it all to write another experience. I haven't noticed much so far.

Have taken dihexa for 3 days... 60, 40, 40mg... no noticeable effects. I might do what xks did and take a large amount at once so i can actually 'feel' the effects rather than a gradual improvement. And also see if it is worth continuing on a more long term basis.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1293 DHEXA

• 36 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:21 AM

Has anyone taking dihexa noticed an increase or decrease in pain levels?

This study was thrown around a while ago. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22613083

#1294 lurker1

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

i'm on my second week of taking 30mg twice a week, and now that you mention it, i almost don't notice any pain. (a completely unbiased observation to be sure.) i'm pinching myself quite aggressively now and it's about 1/4 of the pain i'd normally feel. i'm also taking BDNF too, but that's never done this before.

#1295 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

i'm on my second week of taking 30mg twice a week, and now that you mention it, i almost don't notice any pain. (a completely unbiased observation to be sure.) i'm pinching myself quite aggressively now and it's about 1/4 of the pain i'd normally feel. i'm also taking BDNF too, but that's never done this before.

Could you elaborate on the use of BDNF? I have not read anyone using BDNF before, what is the dose, cost and ROA?

• like x 1

#1296 lurker1

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

Could you elaborate on the use of BDNF? I have not read anyone using BDNF before, what is the dose, cost and ROA?

Whether or not i'm actually taking BDNF is debatable. i get it from camformulas. it could be some kind of precursor, i don't know. it comes in a 30ml bottle with 30% alcohol (how ironic.) Costs $30 for about 30 oral doses. The best evidence i have for it increasing BDNF is something i found out only well after i started taking it: After about a week of taking it, the idea of doing opiates quickly became more and more appealing to me. only recently i found out that that was exactly the result from this rat study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2913611/

So, that product may well be legitimate.

#1297 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:38 AM

Not to hijack the thread: but BDNF is increased by moderate alcohol consumption. Shocked me when I read the studiese except it explains (on a personal level) why I feel so excellent with moderation versus complete abstinence. Moderation being for me 1-2 drinks every few days. Google alcohol BDNF
  • like x 1

#1298 lurker1

• 8 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2015 - 01:42 AM

Not to hijack the thread: but BDNF is increased by moderate alcohol consumption. Shocked me when I read the studiese except it explains (on a personal level) why I feel so excellent with moderation versus complete abstinence. Moderation being for me 1-2 drinks every few days. Google alcohol BDNF

cool. anyone interested in naturally raising BDNF should consult their local liquor store.

• Cheerful x 1

#1299 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2015 - 04:19 PM

What is the general concensus on this stuff?  There was so much hype but I haven't seen a lot of user experiences or journals.  It's nothing like Cerebrolysin or NSI-189 in that sense. 

#1300 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

What is the general concensus on this stuff?  There was so much hype but I haven't seen a lot of user experiences or journals.  It's nothing like Cerebrolysin or NSI-189 in that sense. 

The effects are very subtle, but it works.  I cycled nsi-189 for over a year to reap the benefits the researchers purport the compound to have, that is to a degree that was undeniably perceptible (in my affect and behavior) to both myself and those who know me.  I was only able to stay on dihexa for a couple of months.  My position is that there is a strong possibility that a longer trial may reap greater benefits, and that one or two months of the compound are insufficient for profound neurological alteration, but the compound is highly experimental and this position is conjecture.  I still do not know what the long term consequences of Dihexa may be.  I would have liked to give it a solid six months, but circumstances are likely to prevent it for me.  I will be interested to see the reports of any others who stick to their guns for a longer trial.

I'm moving on to J147 soon.

Edited by sk_scientific, 08 March 2015 - 06:06 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#1301 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:03 PM

I just started another Cerebrolysin cycle, and will try the Dihexa again when I reach the third week of the 4 week cycle.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#1302 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:07 PM

The effects are very subtle, but it works.  I cycled nsi-189 for over a year to reap the benefits the researchers purport the compound to have, that is to a degree that was undeniably perceptible (in my affect and behavior) to both myself and those who know me.  I was only able to stay on dihexa for a couple of months.  My position is that there is a strong possibility that a longer trial may reap greater benefits, and that one or two months of the compound are insufficient for profound neurological alteration, but the compound is highly experimental and this position is conjecture.  I still do not know what the long term consequences of Dihexa may be.  I would have liked to give it a solid six months, but circumstances are likely to prevent it for me.  I will be interested to see the reports of any others who stick to their guns for a longer trial.

I'm in the same boat.  I've been sitting on some Dihexa for a few months but am hesitant to use it.   It may be a bit too experimental for my liking. 

#1303 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:26 AM

A brand new study using dihexa on fish

journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fncel.2015.00003/pdf

Reading this study I wonder if dihexa could have a positive effect on tinnitus

Someone with tinnitus who has tried this?

#1304 sk_scientific

• 256 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:37 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I've been sitting on some Dihexa for a few months but am hesitant to use it.   It may be a bit too experimental for my liking. 

Is this the Dihexa from the user DHEXA, or from the Nyles synth?

#1305 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

Anecdotal evidence, so pretty much apropos of nothing, but I’ll toss it into the ring anyway. I can’t remember if I read it here or on a subreddit, but somebody mentioned something about Dihexa causing him to relive the day’s events during that night’s REM cycles. For example, he walked past a pet store and saw a tarantula in the window, and dreamt of giant spiders that night. Same thing is happening to me. I bought 600 mgs. from an eBay vendor named supreme930. I’ve been reliving work scenarios every night since I started taking 20 mgs./day orally four days ago. Very strange dreams, too. Not bad dreams per se, but strange. It’s as if they were all scripted by Charlie Sheen—they invariably involve me getting into some sort of confrontational or adversarial situation and winning. Dihexa is turning me into a nocturnal rock star from Mars.

• Enjoying the show x 2

#1306 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

A _very_ cautious positive:

All of Jan's medical professionals report either no decline or moderate improvement in her Huntington's Disease symptoms over the months since start of dihexa.

Caveat: Not only has Jan been fully aware of the hopes for dihexa, hence placebo effect may account for the results, but I have been scrupulous about keeping all of her medical professionals appraised of the dihexa protocol and the hoped-for results, so confirmation bias cannot be discounted as possibly explaining the reports of her medical professionals as well.  

Disclaimer:  No medical professional has recommended or assisted in this course of treatment and Jan has even been denied requests for certain medical tests because they would not be warranted outside of the context of the dihexa treatment, hence may be construed as aiding and abetting the experimental treatment.

• like x 2

#1307 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:31 PM

Again, perhaps apropos of nothing, but I neglected to mention that I am consuming the Dihexa with a heavily peppered cheese quesadilla, per Plasticperson’s suggestion. Don’t know if it helps, but my reasoning is that it probably couldn’t hurt.

#1308 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:04 PM

Is this the Dihexa from the user DHEXA, or from the Nyles synth?

Nyles

#1309 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:22 PM

I had a really nice knowledgeable guy from Reddit explain to me (in layman's terms) how Dihexa works (in case any of you were wondering) so here it goes:

Dihexa activates endogenous BDNF (which we know helps support existing neurons, and encourages the growth of new neurons and synapses); normally, BDNF is floating around at low concentrations as a monomer (molecule that may bind chemically to other molecules);
if two monomers collide they form a dimer (molecule consisting of two identical molecules linked together) -- for a moment. If they happen to form a dimer at just the right place, right next to the right receptor, and manage to stay a dimer long enough to dock that receptor, you get stimulation.
But, with Dihexa, all the monomers that never see each other behave (suddenly) as if they are active - not just for a fraction of time; that, and each monomer can independently dock with the receptor.
Essentially Dihexa works by forcing BDNF monomers to behave as if they were permanently dimerized.
  • dislike x 1

#1310 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

Hey Xenix,

A well written explanation, however, Is this substantiated with some clear citations?

#1311 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:17 PM

I had a really nice knowledgeable guy from Reddit explain to me (in layman's terms) how Dihexa works (in case any of you were wondering) so here it goes:

Dihexa activates endogenous BDNF (which we know helps support existing neurons, and encourages the growth of new neurons and synapses); normally, BDNF is floating around at low concentrations as a monomer (molecule that may bind chemically to other molecules);
if two monomers collide they form a dimer (molecule consisting of two identical molecules linked together) -- for a moment. If they happen to form a dimer at just the right place, right next to the right receptor, and manage to stay a dimer long enough to dock that receptor, you get stimulation.
But, with Dihexa, all the monomers that never see each other behave (suddenly) as if they are active - not just for a fraction of time; that, and each monomer can independently dock with the receptor.
Essentially Dihexa works by forcing BDNF monomers to behave as if they were permanently dimerized.

I mean that sounds fancy and all, but I think we all know Dihexa works through the power of Jesus. 

• Informative x 3
  • Enjoying the show x 2

#1312 wired

• 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:36 PM

Has anyone tried rectal route yet ?

Edited by wired, 25 March 2015 - 05:37 PM.

#1313 paul1983

• 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

I find vapid it, using foil and a tube works the best
Vaping it...

#1314 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

Has anyone tried rectal route yet ?

No—I didn't know TLR was selling it.

• Cheerful x 1

#1315 telecity

• 7 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

Mind disclosing the actual source you're getting the J147 from?

#1316 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:56 AM

For years now, whenever we go to the store and attempt to read the shopping list, it has been virtually impossible to read Jan's handwriting.  Usually we can decipher it after some examination combined with trying to remember what we had to buy, but quite frequently we had to give up.

I've attached the scan of the shopping list made over this last week.  When we went shopping today I was shocked that I had absolutely no difficulty reading Jan's handwriting.  I asked her why it was so legible and she didn't know why.  I asked her if she had been working on it and she said she hadn't.  I asked her if she had tried harder to write more legibly and she said she hadn't.  It is important to note that my hand-writing is interspersed with hers as the list accumulated over several days -- so this improvement was randomly sampled over several days.

I regret not having a prior example of her hand writing but believe me when I tell you that this improvement is catastrophic.

THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH HUNTINGTON'S.

I'll provide detailed "lab notes" later (yes, I did stop posting them here) but the best guess I have at this time is this resulted from a change in protocol that appears to have correlated with the improvement:

Daily nasal drops prepared by 20mg dihexa dissolved in a minimal amount (few drops) of DMSO (have to let is sit for about an hour -- stirring doesn't help), which is then diluted with distilled water with 5% saline in about a 3 to 1 ratio.

I'm not reporting other potential "confirmation bias" stories.  This handwriting improvement is too striking to be anything but an actual result of treatment, incredibly strong placebo or a "miracle".

Spoiler

Attached Files

• like x 7

#1317 sparkk51

• 418 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

You honestly believe this gradual(?) Improvement in handwriting is a result of changing to a different method of administering the dihexa?

#1318 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:53 PM

You honestly believe this gradual(?) Improvement in handwriting is a result of changing to a different method of administering the dihexa?

Do you honestly believe that the word "catastrophic" is synonymous with "gradual"?

Do you honestly believe that one day I looked at a shopping list and was "shocked" that I could read it because the improvement in handwriting was "gradual"?

#1319 jabowery

• 181 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:20 PM

Erratum:  The saline is 1%, not 5%.  Saline is not necessary at all, of course.  

For years now, whenever we go to the store and attempt to read the shopping list, it has been virtually impossible to read Jan's handwriting.  Usually we can decipher it after some examination combined with trying to remember what we had to buy, but quite frequently we had to give up.

I've attached the scan of the shopping list made over this last week.  When we went shopping today I was shocked that I had absolutely no difficulty reading Jan's handwriting.  I asked her why it was so legible and she didn't know why.  I asked her if she had been working on it and she said she hadn't.  I asked her if she had tried harder to write more legibly and she said she hadn't.  It is important to note that my hand-writing is interspersed with hers as the list accumulated over several days -- so this improvement was randomly sampled over several days.

I regret not having a prior example of her hand writing but believe me when I tell you that this improvement is catastrophic.

THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN WITH HUNTINGTON'S.

I'll provide detailed "lab notes" later (yes, I did stop posting them here) but the best guess I have at this time is this resulted from a change in protocol that appears to have correlated with the improvement:

Daily nasal drops prepared by 20mg dihexa dissolved in a minimal amount (few drops) of DMSO (have to let is sit for about an hour -- stirring doesn't help), which is then diluted with distilled water with 5% saline in about a 3 to 1 ratio.

I'm not reporting other potential "confirmation bias" stories.  This handwriting improvement is too striking to be anything but an actual result of treatment, incredibly strong placebo or a "miracle".

Spoiler

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1320 BieraK

• 274 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

Looks really good!!! :D

That method of administration needs to be replicated... apparently is the way to go with this.

• Agree x 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users