• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#1501 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:21 AM

Dihexa basically don't dissolve in water. I'm not sure if it would vaporise along with water. Otherwise, it would be a waste putting that into water and subject it to hydrolysis.

very true however there are lot of things that it is soluble in that vaporize. such as 97% proof food grade alcohol.

#1502 bugsbunny

• 86 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:03 PM

I got left 200mg Dihexa and not sure what to do with it. I dont really want to take little dosages over a longer time period, does anybody has experience with high single doses? What is the difference in effect, duration and risk?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1503 Billybear185

• 110 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:13 AM

Dihexa basically don't dissolve in water. I'm not sure if it would vaporise along with water. Otherwise, it would be a waste putting that into water and subject it to hydrolysis.

hydrolysis of peptide bond without a protease is not gonna happen

#1504 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:22 AM

Good point. By the way, do you have any idea how they dissolve insulin into a clear solution? I am thinking if there is a possibility to do intra-nasal dihexa.

Good point. By the way, do you have any idea how they dissolve insulin into a clear solution? I am thinking if there is a possibility to do intra-nasal dihexa.

#1505 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 12:38 AM

It would be interesting if someone could provide the details of how to combine insulin and dihexa into an intra-nasal spray.  I've been using intra-nasal insulin with very positive results on my short term memory loss.  

I was planning to use dihexa via the DMSO route, but who likes to smell badly?  My significant other is so sensitive to the smell that she can tell if I've applied DMSO even once!

She says, "Have you been using that horse liniment again?"

#1506 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 03:30 AM

It would be interesting if someone could provide the details of how to combine insulin and dihexa into an intra-nasal spray. I've been using intra-nasal insulin with very positive results on my short term memory loss.

I was planning to use dihexa via the DMSO route, but who likes to smell badly? My significant other is so sensitive to the smell that she can tell if I've applied DMSO even once!

We are on a same page. Any chemist around can help?

#1507 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

I was planning to use dihexa via the DMSO route, but who likes to smell badly?  My significant other is so sensitive to the smell that she can tell if I've applied DMSO even once!

Bergamot oil has nice refreshing smell. Maybe add a bit of it to the topical solution?

#1508 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 04:13 AM

The thing is, DMSO has an incredibly distinctive odor than comes from INSIDE your own body.  The best description I can come up with is rotten garlic mixed with cafeteria disinfectant and putrid fruit cocktail.  You can actually taste DMSO in your mouth shortly after application anywhere on your body.   A real shame since it's obviously a darn good solvent and transdermal agent.

#1509 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

Junk Master, did you try Logic's suggestion of D-Limonene for the odor?  http://www.longecity...for-injuries/  Sapentia in post #20 and #22 seemed to indicate that it helped. My recent treatment of an ankle sprain with 99.9% DMSO diluted to 85% did not result in a noticeable increase in odor, as I always have D-Limonene on hand. I had only used tiny amounts of DMSO in the past in tinctures.

If Dihexa users try it, they might want to take D-Limonene first as the DMSO absorbs quickly. (By-the-way, thanks very much for starting that thread and to all who contributed. I followed the advice and warnings.

Edited by Heisok, 30 November 2016 - 10:54 PM.

#1510 Lsdium

• 54 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 10:47 AM

Anyone who has been trying Dihexa recently?

Would like to hear their experience :)!

#1511 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 01:18 AM

Seems like all is quiet on the Dihexa front.  Anymore anecdotal experiences?

#1512 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 06:55 AM

I'm planning to use my 1g I ordered a long-ish time ago soon. Will report back!

#1513 Haste

• 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:31 PM

This is a very interesting compound, but unfortunately seems to be very hard to acquire. I found out that Nyles7 who is selling Dihexa is out of stock, would anybody know where I could find somebody who has and is willing to sell Dihexa?

#1514 AOLministrator

• 181 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:00 AM

Is there any research on Dihexa, that would lead me to assume, that it doesn't as well cause 10 million times more cancer in the head?

#1515 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:25 AM

Is there any research on Dihexa, that would lead me to assume, that it doesn't as well cause 10 million times more cancer in the head?

Probably not allot but rodents didn't seem to tumor up like c60 did so that's encouraging.

And +1 I'm still around 1 year later.
  • Agree x 2

#1516 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 08:06 PM

Can anybody recommend a good Dihexa supplier for 2017? Nyles is currently not in the market, I've seen a few others online, but not familiar with any of those companies. Wish Star Noots had it - they have outstanding quality IMHO, but alas not.....

#1517 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

Can anybody recommend a good Dihexa supplier for 2017? Nyles is currently not in the market, I've seen a few others online, but not familiar with any of those companies. Wish Star Noots had it - they have outstanding quality IMHO, but alas not.....

It appears to me Nyles still is selling some through his eBay store?

#1518 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:37 AM

A few questions, since the thread has been going for so long:

1. Is there any new Dihexa-research coming out soon? Any new studies?

2. Does anyone else think Dihexa holds potential for the treatment of SCHIZOPHRENIA?

I will elaborate on the above: a recent study, using genetic and fMRI -scans found clear evidence of overly aggressive synaptic pruning as a component of the progression of Schizophrenia, perhaps the KEY-component even...!

Now, there is talk about developing new compounds which inhibit the processes which prune synapses, but this will take a long, long time... Meanwhile, there IS a compound which increases synaptic formation...! Wouldn't it then be possible to SUPER-CHARGE a schizophrenic, turning this DISEASE of theirs, into a potential STRENGTH? With Dihexa keeping apace with their synaptic pruning, creating new synapses FASTER than their own body can discard them, wouldn't this turn into an ULTRA-NOOTROPIC for anyone schizophrenic?

I'd definitely like to know what people think about this! = ) So far, whenever I mention it, noone ever actually seems to either care or they just don't think it would have any effect.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 19 February 2017 - 09:38 AM.

• like x 1

#1519 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

Thanks Baten --

Wonderful! He must have restocked since I asked him last month.

Now the NEXT question is administration, since the first time I took it, sublingually over a period of a few weeks, I didn't really notice much effect.

Let me take that back a bit: I DID get brain-fog when I went over a certain dose, especially at first, so I would guess that's an indicator that it was getting into my system. I certainly didn't notice the "rock star" memory effects that others have described, however. At the same time, it's not supposed to be working like a stimulant, so maybe there AREN'T any immediate rock star effects, which I can certainly live with.

After having gone through this forum (and Reddit) with a fine-tooth comb, and experimenting with many of the nootropics mentioned, I do get the feeling that a lot of the effects people describe as "nootropic" are actually simple stimulant effects. I guess that's OK if it's what you're looking for, but honestly I'd love more mental clarity, expanded awareness, and of course better memory (although honestly that's a second to the other two at the moment).

I guess my feeling is kind of this: where you are in life is a product of the decisions you make & the work you do. Honestly what I'd love from any nootropic more than anything else is the ability to make better decisions by perhaps seeing parts of the problem that I might otherwise miss. Ultimately that's the promise of Dihexa, right? Hopefully.

• Agree x 1

#1520 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:31 PM

I got left 200mg Dihexa and not sure what to do with it. I dont really want to take little dosages over a longer time period, does anybody has experience with high single doses? What is the difference in effect, duration and risk?

Likely brain fog. I believe the largest dose I tried was 40 mg, and I had brain fog from that. I guess the question is "why not" take small dosages over time?

In my experience, though, there is some sort of tolerance that the body builds up to it - the same dose didn't give me brain fog after I was used to it, so perhaps a higher dose wouldn't cause that if your body is already used to it.

Dihexa is an angiotensin, though, right? Might not be wise to experiment that dramatically with it.

#1521 Heisenburger

• 478 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:56 PM

It appears to me Nyles still is selling some through his eBay store?

I've heard rumors on reddit that Nyles is having problems with his stuff getting seized by customs.

#1522 Tim Ventura

• 48 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 02:37 AM

For whatever it's worth, I really like Nyles - he's a straight-shooter, and these days that's a rarity.

Obviously I'm not the only person who likes his work, as I understand he just hired an assistant to keep up with the growing business.

Not sure about the customs issues, but it makes sense. He usually ships in clearly-marked Mylar sleeves inside his mailers, so he's not trying to hide anything - but at the same time, it seems like due-diligence for customs to seize & test some of those to ensure that everything's legal. Not fun, but likely a cost of doing business wherever it crosses borders or other inspections...

#1523 Water Buffalo

• 36 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:32 AM

2. Does anyone else think Dihexa holds potential for the treatment of SCHIZOPHRENIA?

I will elaborate on the above: a recent study, using genetic and fMRI -scans found clear evidence of overly aggressive synaptic pruning as a component of the progression of Schizophrenia, perhaps the KEY-component even...!

Now, there is talk about developing new compounds which inhibit the processes which prune synapses, but this will take a long, long time... Meanwhile, there IS a compound which increases synaptic formation...! Wouldn't it then be possible to SUPER-CHARGE a schizophrenic, turning this DISEASE of theirs, into a potential STRENGTH? With Dihexa keeping apace with their synaptic pruning, creating new synapses FASTER than their own body can discard them, wouldn't this turn into an ULTRA-NOOTROPIC for anyone schizophrenic?

I'd definitely like to know what people think about this! = ) So far, whenever I mention it, noone ever actually seems to either care or they just don't think it would have any effect.

That's a great idea to use Dihexa as a means to slow the progression of synaptic pruning in the prefrontal cortex. I think the main reason why people aren't hopping on board with this idea is the lack of evidence that Dihexa can impact the prefrontal cortex. There are images showing its effects on the Hippocampus, and there was somebody on Reddit that has worked by Dr. Harding saying that the compound can drastically affect other areas of the brain. From my limited knowledge of neuroscience, HGF, as it is used by Dihexa, should be able to positively affect the prefrontal cortex in a similar manner.

I know that Cerebrolysin has studies demonstrating positive effects on dendrites in the prefrontal cortex, so maybe something like P21 would work too https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/21544867. Magnesium threonate also displays positive effects on the prefrontal cortex with signalling and BDNF increase, but definitely not to the extent that Dihexa might be able to. 

Raloxifene has demonstrated neurogenesis in forebrain regions of animal models and an increase in memory and attention/processing speed using the same principles that you had in mind for Dihexa. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27193386

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25980345

• WellResearched x 1
  • like x 1

#1524 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:10 AM

That's a great idea to use Dihexa as a means to slow the progression of synaptic pruning in the prefrontal cortex. I think the main reason why people aren't hopping on board with this idea is the lack of evidence that Dihexa can impact the prefrontal cortex. There are images showing its effects on the Hippocampus, and there was somebody on Reddit that has worked by Dr. Harding saying that the compound can drastically affect other areas of the brain. From my limited knowledge of neuroscience, HGF, as it is used by Dihexa, should be able to positively affect the prefrontal cortex in a similar manner.

I know that Cerebrolysin has studies demonstrating positive effects on dendrites in the prefrontal cortex, so maybe something like P21 would work too https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/21544867. Magnesium threonate also displays positive effects on the prefrontal cortex with signalling and BDNF increase, but definitely not to the extent that Dihexa might be able to. 

Raloxifene has demonstrated neurogenesis in forebrain regions of animal models and an increase in memory and attention/processing speed using the same principles that you had in mind for Dihexa. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27193386

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25980345

Yay! Recognition! And some interesting stuff here, to boot! ^^

Interesting, I was unaware of the recorded selectivity of Dihexa - although it does seem to affect other regions of the brain as well, the lack of clear evidence for effect on the PFC is somewhat disheartening - although the potential does still seem to be there.

Magnesium-L-Threonate has shown effects on synaptic growth, but it's also a mild NMDA-antagonist, and I am quite vary of using such a substance on Schizophrenics - you're probably aware of the NMDA-hypothesis of Schizophrenia, and the evidence thereof (such as markedly high levels of kynurenic acid compared to controls, which would also account for the increased dopaminergic activity) - there's also been reports of Depersonalisation and Derealisation as a side-effect from high-dose MagLT, and because of the similarities between DP/DR and psychosis, this makes me even more vary.

RALOXIFENE is quite the find though! Interesting that a SERM, of all things, could have such effects! I guess this does give more credence to the idea of hormonal imbalances in schizophrenia. I'm not so sure Raloxifene is quite the right compound though, but rather some new derivation thereof, a new type of SERM with selectivity towards neural tissue could be quite something. (hmm... could SARM's have similar properties? I know one of them have shown activity in the brain, but the impact seems to be low)

Right, Dihexa still seems to be the best bet for the moment, mainly because it's so UNBELIEVABLY strong! And the synaptic pruning in full-blown Schizophrenia seems pretty intense, with big white-matter abnormalities compared to controls - we need some STRONG stuff to combat that!

I'm thinking a trial needs to be done with placebo, adjunctive atypical antipsychotic (I'm thinking Brexpiprazol) and with Dihexa only - we need to know if this stuff would cause psychosis, because so many other antidepressants can - fellow neurogenic NSI-189 certainly seems to be a pretty big culprit here.

(there are multiple accounts from diagnosed bipolar-patients saying it caused nearly INSTANT mania, and many neurotypicals have reported hypomanic behaviour on it, as well as aggressive behaviour - no schizo-reports yet, to my knowledge, but if the latest theory on NSI's mode of effect, then it could have D2-D3-agonist properties, so I suppose that could explain it as well)

EDIT:

I almost forgot - but LITHIUM seems to have powerful neurogenic effects! And neurogenesis in the PFC have been recorded as well! But strangely enough, as far as I know, Lithium is no longer considered helpful for Schizophrenia, and isn't a first-line treatment.

I wonder why that is...? What's the data on Lithium and Schizophrenia? It should of course be noted that Lithium does a HELL of a lot of different things, so that would diffuse the data quite a bit - perhaps synaptogenesis and neurogenesis shouldn't be considered the same as well... as far as I know, enhanced learning is NOT recorded while on Lithium - quite the opposite I believe!

Maybe the ineffectiveness of Lithium comes from missing the boat on cognition as well - maybe it, and in extension Dihexa as well, would not help with Positive symptoms, but only with the negative symptoms. Well, that wouldn't matter too much! We've already got medications for those symptoms, but the meds for negatives are few and with limited effect.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 20 February 2017 - 09:16 AM.

#1525 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:22 AM

High quality - they have the charts (NMR, HPLC, ...) upon request, too

https://teamtlr.com/...-dihexa-99.html

#1526 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:11 AM

It would be interesting if someone could provide the details of how to combine insulin and dihexa into an intra-nasal spray. I've been using intra-nasal insulin with very positive results on my short term memory loss.

I was planning to use dihexa via the DMSO route, but who likes to smell badly? My significant other is so sensitive to the smell that she can tell if I've applied DMSO even once!

We are on a same page. Any chemist around can help?

United States Patent: 4,296,104 says that urea breaks the smell and irritation of DMSO. I haven't tried it, but I will as soon as I can. I use DMSO for several things and I would like to mitigate its side-effects

Then, please consider that emu oil has transdermal carrier effects, but no side effects, like skin irritation.

I haven't tried it for this, but I've used it rather than DMSO, after recommendations from fellow with a degree in physics. 

#1527 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

High quality - they have the charts (NMR, HPLC, ...) upon request, too

https://teamtlr.com/...-dihexa-99.html

Cost a lot less at https://nootropicsou.../dihexa-powder/

• Agree x 1

#1528 wanderlust

• 92 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:14 PM

To apply dihexa with dmso , i roll out a length of cling film and rest an arm or leg area on top of it , i then spread the dmso onto my limb and proceed to wrap the entire area in cling film. i have found that this prolongs and magnifies the pain caused by the dmso but also causes the production of urea in sweat that reduces the skin irritation and smell . the main advantage to this is that i can apply then head to work removing the cling film hours later ,applying moisturizer at the same time.  

#1529 Elroy

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:57 PM

Has anyone tried Dihexa from nootropicsource? What are your thoughts?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#1530 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:34 PM

I did it from NS for four days, from 8 mg/day to 32 mg in divide doses, generally two individual doses. I quit starting yesterday.

Dihexa works as described. I made it mixed in DMSO, 16.67/ml.

I don't mind the itching, hot skin that DMSO can cause.

Dihexa improves ability to see many aspects at once.

As I'd read, seeing into socially-difficult situations is improved. 

Confidence increases, which increase decisiveness. 

I needed it during this time. But I will take a break and re-consider it, as is prudent.

Edited by mikey, 24 April 2017 - 11:37 PM.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users