• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

Dihexa: "it would take 10 million times as much BDNF to get as much new synapse formation as Dihexa."

• Please log in to reply
1569 replies to this topic

#91 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

I consider buying some soon as well.

#92 IA87

• 76 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

Well, to be honest it is not such a bad thing that people attempt to troll. It is tempting to take anecdotes seriously, implicitly trusting their source. It is vital that we become skilled at identifying potentially legitimate claims from purposefully misleading ones, and such trolls as Xenix help us do this. Imagine a world where we rarely had to thoroughly investigate claims, and where one person or a small group of people realize this and exploit it for their own gain. They would make bank. We would be none the wiser. We must, therefore, think hard on the plausibility of both evidence provided by the scientific community and anecdotes given by members of this (and other) forums.

Edit: This brings to my mind a question that I have had for some time now, namely, Why do people so rarely present cryptographically timestamped screenshots of before-and-after results for, say, Dual-n-back? We reach a plateau for most of these cognitive tests fairly quickly. For example, I have been at dual-10-back for so long now that I have completely given up the game. If I were to come back, reach my plateau (and be satisfied that I cannot make any progress), then take a nootropic that purportedly increases working memory, a sudden and consistent increase to dual-12-back would be good evidence that this nootropic does something. Further, I could graph the results and demonstrate that they were not forged. This is not difficult to do, yet I see that no one really does it. Why not? My reason for not having posted such things is obvious: no such nootropic has had effects on me that were measurable via any test. Surely, however, if the day comes when I find a nootropic that does have a pronounced effect, I will not just jump into this forum and provide easily forged anecdotal evidence.

Some of this could be explained by nootropics simply not really working, so there's no progress to present. I would be happy to do what you've mentioned, but why do it when nothing has changed? The racetams are bunk! Noopept is bullshit. The CILTEP stack doesn't work. Cerebrolysin hasn't done anything yet...

Well, of course; however, there are all kinds of anecdotal reports where people say the nootropics /are/ working. For an example of this one needs to look only at the CILTEP thread. You have a good 15~ pages of positive reports there. Yet I saw no attempt by anyone making these reports to show any quantifiable, visible evidence of improvement. People do not have to spend an entire day setting up a perfect experiment; the results do not have to be irrefutable. Is it so difficult, however, for those making the positive claims to throw up a couple of screenshots of some dual-n-back or similar tests, showing their improvement over a period of time? Even this small effort would be helpful--not only to those evaluating the claims, but to the person making the claim as well.

Honestly, there are not that many nootropics out there that we hear people asking about and trying. How many posts have you seen about Choline? Uridine? Creatine? People are asking the same questions over and over again, and the only reason this happens is because they see positive reports and think to themselves, "Well, it worked for these people, perhaps it shall work for me, too!" But did it really work for those people? They say they saw improvements, but there is no evidence. The studies that provide evidence are generally not on healthy individuals, so they are not to be relied upon, either. If you have a dozen or so people that are in their 20s-40s and in decent health (which I assume covers most people in this forum) making their claims and backing them up with at least a modicum of evidence, then it may be possible to say with some confidence, "This nootropic is effective at improving <facet of cognition>. It is worth my time to try it." This is not a perfect solution, but it seems to me to be a good compromise between feasibility and usefulness. As it stands now, I find most postings--here, in /r/nootropics, and in all other forums I frequent or used to frequent--to tell me very little.

Edited by IA87, 22 March 2013 - 07:25 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I've been doing 100mg intranasal (railing) doses/day of Dihexa for the past few days. This stuff is pretty intense.

Yo man, can you score me an 8ball o dat shit?
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#94 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'm not sure if I can attest this to the dihexa, but for the past few days, I've had this feeling of restlessness. I feel that for some odd reason that the progress of my life is in stagnation. There's this feeling or some sort of motivation that makes me want to go out and do more.

any news ?

what do you need to get a quote from a company ? the amino acid sequence or the cas number ?

#95 Bron

• 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Well, to be honest it is not such a bad thing that people attempt to troll. It is tempting to take anecdotes seriously, implicitly trusting their source. It is vital that we become skilled at identifying potentially legitimate claims from purposefully misleading ones, and such trolls as Xenix help us do this. Imagine a world where we rarely had to thoroughly investigate claims, and where one person or a small group of people realize this and exploit it for their own gain. They would make bank. We would be none the wiser. We must, therefore, think hard on the plausibility of both evidence provided by the scientific community and anecdotes given by members of this (and other) forums.

Edit: This brings to my mind a question that I have had for some time now, namely, Why do people so rarely present cryptographically timestamped screenshots of before-and-after results for, say, Dual-n-back? We reach a plateau for most of these cognitive tests fairly quickly. For example, I have been at dual-10-back for so long now that I have completely given up the game. If I were to come back, reach my plateau (and be satisfied that I cannot make any progress), then take a nootropic that purportedly increases working memory, a sudden and consistent increase to dual-12-back would be good evidence that this nootropic does something. Further, I could graph the results and demonstrate that they were not forged. This is not difficult to do, yet I see that no one really does it. Why not? My reason for not having posted such things is obvious: no such nootropic has had effects on me that were measurable via any test. Surely, however, if the day comes when I find a nootropic that does have a pronounced effect, I will not just jump into this forum and provide easily forged anecdotal evidence.

I never heard of this. Just downloaded it. Thanks.

#96 Bron

• 103 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 10:34 PM

I think this is going to be the hardest brain game I have played. I have done sudokus and brain age for years, and have been doing lumonisity for months as well.

Thanks. I like to see there are actual studies to back it up as well.

wait.. I just have to click when there is a match? Oh... I thought I had to memorize the entire sequence in both the position and the audio... which would not be easy, at least not for me.

Edited by Bron, 25 March 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#97 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

wait.. I just have to click when there is a match? Oh... I thought I had to memorize the entire sequence in both the position and the audio... which would not be easy, at least not for me.

Yes, in DNB you have to remember both the audio and the visual sequences.

#98 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

does anyone have the peptide sequence ?

#99 Erebus

• 38 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:10 PM

The structure is generally spoken of as 'hexanoic acid-Tyr-Ile-(6)amino-hexamide'. (Ref.) Whether or not the hype surrounding Dihexa is warranted remains to be seen.
GABA-Tyr-Ile was studied alongside Dihexa, and also had really interesting pro-cognitive effects. It, too, had a long half-life and decent serum stability. It might also be worth some effort to synthesize and experiment with.
  • like x 1

#100 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

The structure is generally spoken of as 'hexanoic acid-Tyr-Ile-(6)amino-hexamide'. (Ref.) Whether or not the hype surrounding Dihexa is warranted remains to be seen.
GABA-Tyr-Ile was studied alongside Dihexa, and also had really interesting pro-cognitive effects. It, too, had a long half-life and decent serum stability. It might also be worth some effort to synthesize and experiment with.

thank you !

so if someone want to get it synthesized he only need to give this sequence hexanoic acid-Tyr-Ile-(6)amino-hexamide right ?

#101 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

you are right, gaba-tyre-lle was even superior to dihexa in the pro cognitive field;

thank you so much for this info.
  • like x 1

#102 Erebus

• 38 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

thank you !

so if someone want to get it synthesized he only need to give this sequence hexanoic acid-Tyr-Ile-(6)amino-hexamide right ?

Generally, yes. It may not be that simple, though! ;)
If I'm not mistaken, the structure should be something like the image attached. I made it on the fly, so there might be an error or two, but I believe it to be generally accurate. (Unless I mis-read something, in which case....)

If you manage to get a sample, contact me. I can analyze it for you, gratis.

Attached Files

• like x 1

#103 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

thank you !

If I'm not mistaken, the structure should be something like the image attached. I made it on the fly, so there might be an error or two, but I believe it to be generally accurate. (Unless I mis-read something, in which case....)

So you need the structure and the sequence ?
the lab told me it need only the sequence

i found this
Posted Image

Edited by hadora, 26 March 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#104 Erebus

• 38 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

thank you !

i found this
Posted Image

A general rule of mine: The more information you give these contract peptide labs, the better it'll go for you.
The structure you have is a bit messed-up -- particularly at ile. (One carbon too long.) But it's very close. Besides, I'm sure that there are mistakes in the structure I drew... peptide chemistry is not my forte.
  • like x 1

#105 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 05:26 PM

thank you !

i found this
Posted Image

A general rule of mine: The more information you give these contract peptide labs, the better it'll go for you.
The structure you have is a bit messed-up -- particularly at ile. (One carbon too long.) But it's very close. Besides, I'm sure that there are mistakes in the structure I drew... peptide chemistry is not my forte.

ok thanks ;)

i will ask them for quote

#106 nootlyinclinded

• 28 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:18 AM

Rofl,
It is interesting that others want to get this peptide synthesized as well. Anyways, I've been noticing this sort of manic personality going on. I am better able to perceive and interpret another person's body language; moreover, I am able to see and detect a person's microexpressions. I am more inclined now to hearing changes in a person's tone of voice and how that correlates to their internal emotional state. Simply, I am more aware of things now. I am constantly thinking and plotting now.

Edited by nootlyinclinded, 27 March 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#107 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:04 AM

Meh I really want to try dihexa, I'm just afraid I treat my brain poorly enough with too many chemicals that I'd risk the tumors. I'm really pumped to hear you continue updating though. Any vision acuity increases? Is the mania obnoxious at all, to the point of being overobsessive, or has it been anxiolytic in any way? Is it an extremely noticeable effect or subtle? I'd guess that it'd be more apparent the longer you take it, similar to cerebrolysin considering it induces brain growth.

Edited by Rior, 27 March 2013 - 04:06 AM.

• like x 1

#108 Optimism

• Validating/Suspended
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:19 AM

Rofl,
It is interesting that others want to get this peptide synthesized as well. Anyways, I've been noticing this sort of manic personality going on. I am better able to perceive and interpret another person's body language; moreover, I am able to see and detect a person's microexpressions. I am more inclined now to hearing changes in a person's tone of voice and how that correlates to their internal emotional state. Simply, I am more aware of things now. I am constantly thinking and plotting now.

How many milligrams have you been taking every day (orally/sublingually)?

Did you try any kind of self-testing, like maybe try reading a math/science book and seeing if you can absorb or recall the information better?

#109 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

You guys might be interested in another BDNF promoting compound without such potency... It's also a flavone,
http://www.longecity...3-4-days-study/

#110 HenryHH

• 83 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:21 AM

Rofl,

nootlyinclinded, thanks for sharing your experiences with dihexa here. Have you attempted reading and memorizing information while "on" dihexa? If so, was your memory capacity/learning speed improved as compared to when you're not taking anything?

#111 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:12 AM

thank you !

i found this
Posted Image

My source provided me with 2 grams of 'Dihexa'; they claimed it had the molecular formula of C27H44N4O5 - does this look about right? can you tell anythin from that?

I'd be very interested in getting my batch tested to see how it compares - I could spare 10 mg or so, would thay be enough for you to test? PM me if you're interested.

#112 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

Rofl,

Posted Image

#113 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:44 AM

Rofl,

nootlyinclinded, thanks for sharing your experiences with dihexa here. Have you attempted reading and memorizing information while "on" dihexa? If so, was your memory capacity/learning speed improved as compared to when you're not taking anything?

you don't need to be "on" dihexa to experience better memory, it doesn't work like other nootropics , it's effects are supposedly permanent, you only need to take it a certain amount of time and then you don't need it anymore

Edited by hadora, 27 March 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#114 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:50 AM

You guys might be interested in another BDNF promoting compound without such potency... It's also a flavone,
http://www.longecity...3-4-days-study/

Dihexa is a HGF agonist it has nothing to do with BDNF as far as i'm aware

but your compound look very interesting :)

Edited by hadora, 27 March 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#115 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:36 AM

Consider me in if anybody decides to go for a group buy.

#116 spookytooth

• 211 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I am also highly interested in a group buy.

#117 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:33 PM

Edit: double post

Edited by Xenix, 27 March 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#118 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Rofl,
It is interesting that others want to get this peptide synthesized as well. Anyways, I've been noticing this sort of manic personality going on. I am better able to perceive and interpret another person's body language; moreover, I am able to see and detect a person's microexp<b></b>ressions. I am more inclined now to hearing changes in a person's tone of voice and how that correlates to their internal emotional state. Simply, I am more aware of things now. I am constantly thinking and plotting now.

you don't need to be "on" dihexa to experience better memory, it doesn't work like other nootropics , it's effects are supposedly permanent, you only need to take it a certain amount of time and then you don't need it anymore

I agree. But I wonder how effective synaptogenesis and neurogenesis (rebuilding neurons and synapses) are in improving cognition (and possibly emotions) in general? I can't find any studies that directly show that either synapogenesis or neurogenesis actually exists; and no drugs have been reported (besides maybe angiotensins like Dihexa) to do this.
  • dislike x 2

#119 hadora

• 147 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

Rofl,

I agree. But I wonder how effective synaptogenesis and neurogenesis (rebuilding neurons and synapses) are in improving cognition (and possibly emotions) in general? I can't find any studies that directly show that either synapogenesis or neurogenesis actually exists; and no drugs have been reported (besides maybe angiotensins like Dihexa) to do this.

how can synaptogenesis or neurogenesis don't exist if this compound have been reported to induce synaptogenesis ? there is a contradiction in your statement

beside Dihexa there is NSI-189 that was shown to be neurogenic
all the informations you need are out there you just need to read ;)

Dihexa patent : http://jpet.aspetjou...7.full.pdf html

Edited by hadora, 27 March 2013 - 04:19 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 Xenix

• 212 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

I wonder what it would feel like if Dihexa began curing my brain damage (hypoxic-ischemic injury) through synaptogenesis... would all the new synapse formation help me regain my 'old' personality: my long gone emotions, energy, creativity, and thought patterns? ...or would it be a slow recovery, in that Dihexa would help me learn new patterns of behaviour - creating a new (and possibly better) personality for me - at a faster speed through neuro- and synaptogenesis?

Through all the damage that has occurred to my brain, I'm very curious if my old self (that I miss so much) is still there somewhere amongst the damaged neurons and missing synapse connections... or if he is gone forever the best recovery I can hope for is a better persona.

Edited by Xenix, 28 March 2013 - 07:12 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users