- - - - -

tianeptine duration

stablon

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crusader

• 79 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

is their any evidence indicating how long an individual should take tianeptine for, if one is responding well to it? for months? years?

i have read members of this forum, as well as others, take tianeptine anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, but this is just subjective, i was hoping there is some objective research so myself and others can have a reference to go off.

obviously it depends on how you react to it, but if one reacts well to it, where should a person go from there? is their a limit to its duration time?

#2 crusader

• Topic Starter
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:43 AM

anyone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I can point you to this study. Here's a study on patients recieving Tianeptine treatment for 16.5 months.
Personally my theory is, that to achieve full benefits it would be wise to take it for the long-term.
I myself will evaluate it's effects after a month, and decide accordingly whether or not to stick with it.
If I do decide to continue use, I will use it for a year, then take a 3 month break to evaluate possible relapse. If no such thing occurs, I will refrain from using it, and else continue treatment for another year. Manic_racetam has a post on his personal 14-month trial.
Tianeptine seems to be extremely safe for prolonged use, I'd say you needn't worry about it.
Depending on your situation, asses for yourself what would be a wise course of treatment. For severe depression, I'd say at least a year. For moderate 6-9 months, for light 3-6. But it can all differ for you personally. Ohh, scrap that, of course what I meant to say was: discuss treatment options with your doctor etc. etc. ;)
Good luck!

Edited by formergenius, 17 February 2013 - 11:14 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

The usual guideline for depression treatment is once you're completely depression free, however long that takes, stay on the meds for the next half-year or so. Then gradually decrease the dosage over the next few weeks to months, watching to make sure the depression doesn't come back.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stablon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users