• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

I need help finding a good nootropic stimulant.

stimulant motivation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Optimism

• Validating/Suspended
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

I know Caffiene is a good one, but what else is there?

I need something that promotes mental energy and motivation.

#2 NeuroNootropic

• 239 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 01:33 AM

Methylphenidate is a safe and effective stimulant that provides mental energy and motivation. I personally only used it once and found the effect to be really weak. I only took 30 mg of Biphentin (like Concerta) though so the dose wasn't that high. Other members of this forum have had better results with it though.

Other stimulants that don't cause neurotoxicity include:
  • Panax Ginseng
  • Bupropion
  • Green Tea (Caffeine + L-Theanine makes for a different experience than Caffeine alone)
  • Selegiline (Bilingual or patch, not the oral version)
  • Rasagiline
  • Oxiracetam
  • Pramiracetam
  • Uridine. Not necessarily a stimulant but it increases dopamine receptors.
  • L-Tyrosine. Not sure about this one but some people report an improvement. I guess it your diet is deficient in tyrosine then it might help
  • Rhodiola Rosea
  • Ashwagandha. It's a stimulant in some, a sedative in others.
  • Modafinil
And don't forget about exercise and diet. Exercise increases dopamine D2 receptors in the brain:

We' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2959886']We have previously shown that endurance training is associated with higher binding of [3H]spiperone to striatal D2 dopamine (DA) receptors of presenescent (21 months old) rats. In the present study we investigated the effects of 6 months of endurance training of young adults on the relationship between steady-state levels of DA and its metabolites in striatum and the affinity and density of striatal D2 DA receptors. The extent of training was confirmed by evaluating the maximal oxygen consumption (VO2 max) in the subjects. D2 DA binding was significantly increased at each of 3 [3H]spiperone concentrations in the young runners. A 'synaptic coupling ratio' calculated as the specific DA binding/DOPAC concentration was significantly increased in runners for the 0.1 and 0.4 nM radioligand concentrations. Across experimental groups levels of DA were highly and positively correlated with specific DA binding at the 0.1, 0.2 and 0.4 nM [3H]spiperone concentrations. Together, these results suggest that exercise can alter the number of DA binding sites and the metabolism of DA in young adult animals.

→ source (external link)

The' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3273304/']The purpose of the current study was to examine changes in dopamine D2 receptor (DA-D2R) expression within the basal ganglia of MPTP mice subjected to intensive treadmill exercise. Using Western immunoblotting analysis of synaptoneurosomes and in vivo positron emission tomography (PET) imaging employing the DA-D2R specific ligand [18F]fallypride, we found that high intensity treadmill exercise led to an increase in striatal DA-D2R expression that was most pronounced in MPTP compared to saline treated mice. Exercise-induced changes in the DA-D2R in the dopamine-depleted basal ganglia are consistent with the potential role of this receptor in modulating medium spiny neurons (MSNs) function and behavioral recovery. Importantly, findings from this study support the rationale for using PET imaging with [18F]fallypride to examine DA-D2R changes in individuals with Parkinson’s Disease (PD) undergoing high-intensity treadmill training.

→ source (external link)

• like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Curtis Dunn

• 7 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:42 AM

My personal experience with noopept has been an increase in motivation, energy and a little memory improvement when taken sublingually.

#4 Tom_

• 1,120 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:51 PM

Modafinil, amphetamine and its isomers (like ritalin), DLPA, sulbutramine, L tyrosine ginko ebilola (however you spell it)

50-200mg caffeine, 500-2000mg DLPA and 300-900mg sulburtramine in combo would have an awesome stimulant effect and is something I like to use from time to time.

Sleep hygiene, use of bight light while working/in the morning, melatonin to improve sleep efficiency, moderate exercise for 30-45 mins a day, treating any diseases you have from the cold to depression will also help.

Edited by Tom_, 14 March 2013 - 11:56 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#5 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:17 AM

Surprise it hasn't been mentioned.

Selegiline, rhodhiola, and DLPA will get you up and going if that's not enough add some caffeine. Also take a B-complex so everything gets methylated efficiently

#6 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

Actually, I think a blood test would be in place. You might just have low glucose levels or something.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 dirdir207

• 62 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:36 PM

Bromantane

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stimulant, motivation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users