- - - - -

C60 and Lung Tissue Health

c60 lung lungs pulmonary

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Fullerenes are known to reduce both inflammation and mast cell histamine release, so they should be very good for asthma and allergy. We had a guy with bad asthma report here last year that his ability to walk up the hill to his parents' house was hugely improved. He was really amazed- it sounded like quite an improvement. Here's a paper that looked at water soluble polyhydroxy and polyamino fullerenes:

J Immunol. 2007 Jul 1;179(1):665-72.
Fullerene nanomaterials inhibit the allergic response.
Ryan JJ, Bateman HR, Stover A, Gomez G, Norton SK, Zhao W, Schwartz LB, Lenk R, Kepley CL.

Department of Biology, Virginia Commonwealth University Health Systems, Richmond, VA 23294, USA.

Fullerenes are a class of novel carbon allotropes that may have practical applications in biotechnology and medicine. Human mast cells (MC) and peripheral blood basophils are critical cells involved in the initiation and propagation of several inflammatory conditions, mainly type I hypersensitivity. We report an unanticipated role of fullerenes as a negative regulator of allergic mediator release that suppresses Ag-driven type I hypersensitivity. Human MC and peripheral blood basophils exhibited a significant inhibition of IgE dependent mediator release when preincubated with C(60) fullerenes. Protein microarray demonstrated that inhibition of mediator release involves profound reductions in the activation of signaling molecules involved in mediator release and oxidative stress. Follow-up studies demonstrated that the tyrosine phosphorylation of Syk was dramatically inhibited in Ag-challenged cells first incubated with fullerenes. In addition, fullerene preincubation significantly inhibited IgE-induced elevation in cytoplasmic reactive oxygen species levels. Furthermore, fullerenes prevented the in vivo release of histamine and drop in core body temperature in vivo using a MC-dependent model of anaphylaxis. These findings identify a new biological function for fullerenes and may represent a novel way to control MC-dependent diseases including asthma, inflammatory arthritis, heart disease, and multiple sclerosis.

PMID: 17579089 Free full text

If someone's lung function was bad enough that they were experiencing hypoxia during exertion, they might notice an improvement in symptoms from better mitochondrial function. While that wouldn't be an improvement in lung function, it would still feel like it was. My spirometry results couldn't be that, however, because it's just a measure of flow without any exertion.

#32 jamestikar

• 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

There are various perceptions to what C60 exactly is, and whether it is affecting a person health-wise or not. I think the best way is to have a thorough diagnosis before concluding the cause of C60

tissue microarray

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Brainfart

• 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:58 PM

Interesting article that may shed light on the oil and lungs. First one is the article, second is the research study. http://www.scienceda...40520220424.htm

http://respiratory-research.com/content/pdf/1465-9921-15-31.pdf

Edited by cryonicsculture, 21 May 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#34 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:44 AM

Interesting article that may shed light on the oil and lungs. First one is the article, second is the research study. http://www.scienceda...40520220424.htm

http://respiratory-r...9921-15-31.pdf

This paper finds that alpha tocopherol is associated with improved spirometry (measured lung function), and gamma tocopherol is associated with worse spirometry.  Interesting that alpha tocopherol is often considered to be the jive, toxic, pro-carcinogenic form of vitamin E, while the gamma form is thought of as the good guy.  In the case of lung function, that connotation seems to be reversed.  The two forms oppose each others effects, so a balance between them results in no change in lung function.  The mechanism involves protein kinase C alpha, where one isoform in an agonist and the other is an antagonist. 

ScienceDaily says that soy, corn, and canola oils 'hurts lungs', because they contain higher concentrations of the gamma isoform.  Olive oil is higher in the alpha isoform. 

This is certainly an interesting finding, although I don't think it has much to do with my results, since I have been a heavy olive oil user for a while now, and try to avoid industrial seed oils.  It was only when I used c60oo that I saw a significant change in my lung function.

#35 resveratrol_guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:44 PM

I started c60oo several months ago, and have taken an average of about 3 mg/d, including some spikes and some absences.

I just had 2 spirometry tests at different facilities. Here's how the numbers stack up to 3 years ago (at yet another facilty):

1. 11/12/2012
2. 2/26/2015
3. 3/6/2015

FVC 1/2/3 = 5.92/6.01/6.54
FEV1 1/2/3 = 4.42/4.71/5.30

I double-checked the numbers and test codes, which all look similar and are easily confused with one another. My exercise level has not changed much since 2012, although I live in a city with much cleaner air now. All tests were done using digital spirometry devices without the use of an inhaler. I never smoked.

Given the temporal proximity of #2 and #3, it's obvious that there's a lot of variance in the measurements. Just the same, when viewed in the context of all the other reports, I think this adds some weight to the c60oo-lung-volume theory. Granted, I'm sure it's not the only important factor, but in any event it's nice to have this evidence of partial rejuvenation.

BTW I agree that CT scans are undesirable except when absolutely necessary. Apparently, there are more accurate ways to search for lung tumors using a fiber-optic laser scope and "tumor dye" fluoroscopy under twilight sedation. But if you have to do a CT, then c60oo and astaxanthin should be heavily front-loaded for several days in a row in advance, in my medically unqualified opinion.

Edited by resveratrol_guy, 06 March 2015 - 11:56 PM.

#36 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

I think mine is increasing too. A warm up exercise I do in choir is to hold a note as long as possible in different pitches.  I used to be very bad at that on C60 the length of the note I can produce has been increasing.

#37 mtn2011

• 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:12 AM

strange because I noticed pain on my right lung a few days after starting c60, a few weeks later and I feel some dull pain in my left lung

#38 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:29 AM

strange because I noticed pain on my right lung a few days after starting c60, a few weeks later and I feel some dull pain in my left lung

It's probably just a coincidence that this occurred a few days after starting c60.  If the pain persists, you should get it checked out by a doctor.

#39 YOLF

Posted 08 April 2015 - 03:02 AM

I notice when I start working out hard after a period of inactivity that my lungs can do the same. Hasn't happened since I quit smoking though. I think it has something to do with increased bloodflow to weak tissues that are suddenly being forced full of blood. The same thing might happen with other supplements that increase blood flow. I imagine it's hormetic and it's probably good to purge the body of such weak cells.

• Ill informed x 1

#40 mtn2011

• 33 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:22 PM

It's probably just a coincidence that this occurred a few days after starting c60.  If the pain persists, you should get it checked out by a doctor.

hopefully you are right, I am getting a little bit nervous about taking this stuff though

#41 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 02:52 AM

Anyone have any opinions on C60 usage by a 58 year old, lifelong smoker?  I've a family friend who is complaining about "lack of energy" and C60 came to mind as a possible solution.  He's looking at beetroot juice.  I wondering if C60 is worthwhile.

#42 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

Anyone have any opinions on C60 usage by a 58 year old, lifelong smoker?  I've a family friend who is complaining about "lack of energy" and C60 came to mind as a possible solution.  He's looking at beetroot juice.  I wondering if C60 is worthwhile.

Certainly.

My father is and has been a smoker for around 60yrs.  He sees significant drops in both blood pressure and pulse rate from C60oo and has gotten into the habit of 'visiting' so that he can swipe my stock at least twice a week!

:)
I would go so far as to say he's addicted and sees great improvement in energy and cognition.

I would add circumin,  and time release vit C or ester C to the mix.

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=564116

• Informative x 1

#43 MidwestGreg

• 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:40 PM

I had an interesting experience at my doctor's office the other day. First, a little background: I grew up in one of the smoggiest parts of southern California, near a couple busy streets and not far from the I-10 freeway. The smog was terrible. In the summer, if you went swimming in a chlorinated pool, later your lungs would burn and it would hurt to inhale. There was probably some major oxidative damage going on there. Later, as a teenager, there were a couple summers where I smoked a lot of cheap Mexican weed. Some of it might have been dusted with paraquat- hard to say, but I guarantee that it wasn't good for lung tissue. In later years, I developed some allergies that were undiagnosed and untreated for a long time. In my mid thirties, I finally made my way to an allergist. He was shocked at how crappy my lung function was. The main problem is scar-like tissue remodeling that has increased the resistance to airflow. The main figure of merit is Fev1, (forced expiratory volume in one second) the maximum amount of air you can exhale in one second. At that time, I was about 40% below normal. I've probably had my lung function checked about 50 times in the past 20 years, and it's never been that great. Fortunately, it's not bad enough to impact daily living or athletic function. We've been monitoring it closely and I've been avoiding further lung damage wherever possible.

Last week, I saw my doctor for one of my frequent checkups. He listened to my chest as usual, and since I'd been pretty good about using my inhalers, and hadn't had any infections, I thought it would be routine. When he was done, he said, "let's check your breathing." I was surprised, and asked him if it sounded bad. He said "No- it sounds good. I want to get an upper bound." So we did the spirometry, and my Fev1 and total lung volume were better than they had ever been! My Fev1 was about 20% below normal for my age. I immediately wondered if this unexpected improvement in airway function could be related to my C60-oo use. I've been using c60 for about 7 months. The only other possible confounding factor is that I started doing a minimal HIIT regimen about six or eight weeks ago. This is the 20 seconds / three times approach, which I've done at most three times a week. This sort of airway dysfunction doesn't particularly respond to exercise, as far as I'm aware. I've done lots of different kinds of aerobic exercise over the years without seeing an improvement like this. If c60 wasn't involved in my unexpected improvement in lung function, then I can at least say that it doesn't seem to have hurt!

Niner – Is your lung function still improving and if so, do you attribute that to the C60? I have started a search for a protocol that will reverse COPD instead of merely slowing the rate of decline. Thanks

#44 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 11:52 PM

I kind of doubt that it's improving.  It fluctuates depending on infections and allergens, but I suspect that minus c60oo, it would be fluctuating around a lower number.

#45 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 04:54 PM

I had an interesting experience at my doctor's office the other day. First, a little background: I grew up in one of the smoggiest parts of southern California, near a couple busy streets and not far from the I-10 freeway. The smog was terrible. In the summer, if you went swimming in a chlorinated pool, later your lungs would burn and it would hurt to inhale. There was probably some major oxidative damage going on there. Later, as a teenager, there were a couple summers where I smoked a lot of cheap Mexican weed. Some of it might have been dusted with paraquat- hard to say, but I guarantee that it wasn't good for lung tissue. In later years, I developed some allergies that were undiagnosed and untreated for a long time. In my mid thirties, I finally made my way to an allergist. He was shocked at how crappy my lung function was. The main problem is scar-like tissue remodeling that has increased the resistance to airflow. The main figure of merit is Fev1, (forced expiratory volume in one second) the maximum amount of air you can exhale in one second. At that time, I was about 40% below normal. I've probably had my lung function checked about 50 times in the past 20 years, and it's never been that great. Fortunately, it's not bad enough to impact daily living or athletic function. We've been monitoring it closely and I've been avoiding further lung damage wherever possible.

Last week, I saw my doctor for one of my frequent checkups. He listened to my chest as usual, and since I'd been pretty good about using my inhalers, and hadn't had any infections, I thought it would be routine. When he was done, he said, "let's check your breathing." I was surprised, and asked him if it sounded bad. He said "No- it sounds good. I want to get an upper bound." So we did the spirometry, and my Fev1 and total lung volume were better than they had ever been! My Fev1 was about 20% below normal for my age. I immediately wondered if this unexpected improvement in airway function could be related to my C60-oo use. I've been using c60 for about 7 months. The only other possible confounding factor is that I started doing a minimal HIIT regimen about six or eight weeks ago. This is the 20 seconds / three times approach, which I've done at most three times a week. This sort of airway dysfunction doesn't particularly respond to exercise, as far as I'm aware. I've done lots of different kinds of aerobic exercise over the years without seeing an improvement like this. If c60 wasn't involved in my unexpected improvement in lung function, then I can at least say that it doesn't seem to have hurt!

Niner – Is your lung function still improving and if so, do you attribute that to the C60? I have started a search for a protocol that will reverse COPD instead of merely slowing the rate of decline. Thanks

Check out the Dasatinib + Querceting deal. Some people who took one or two doses reported back some very interesting results regarding lung health. And keep an eye on the field of Senolytics in general.

Automated screening of drugs will probably identify several additional combinations.

The ideal thing is that you may never need more than a handful of dosages to clear each set of senescent cells.

Thats really good from a safety pov, people take some of those drugs day in and day out for years to combat cancer.

If I had COPD I would try a treatment like that and then start with C60oo afterwards since it might interfer with the senolytica.

Edited by Cosmicalstorm, 04 September 2015 - 04:56 PM.

• like x 1

#46 MidwestGreg

• 37 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

I kind of doubt that it's improving.  It fluctuates depending on infections and allergens, but I suspect that minus c60oo, it would be fluctuating around a lower number.

Thanks for the update Niner.   It sounds like C60oo may provide some help with the asthma component

#47 MidwestGreg

• 37 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

Check out the Dasatinib + Querceting deal. Some people who took one or two doses reported back some very interesting results regarding lung health. And keep an eye on the field of Senolytics in general.

Automated screening of drugs will probably identify several additional combinations.

The ideal thing is that you may never need more than a handful of dosages to clear each set of senescent cells.

Thats really good from a safety pov, people take some of those drugs day in and day out for years to combat cancer.

If I had COPD I would try a treatment like that and then start with C60oo afterwards since it might interfer with the senolytica.

Very interesting Cosmicalstorm. I appreciate the direction.

#48 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Very interesting Cosmicalstorm. I appreciate the direction.

ditto

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60, lung, lungs, pulmonary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users