supplements that kill sex drive?

libido

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LaurenLikesTo

• 20 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Hi everyone,
To keep it short and sweet...I'm a female and my love life is pretty pathetic. Can anyone recommend supplements that will noticeably lower my libido?

#2 chairofgold

• 90 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:37 PM

Ashwaghanda

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rethar

• 33 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

Curcumin (the BCM-95 type) tends to lower libido in men. Unsure of the effect for women.

Edited by Rethar, 04 May 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#4 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

Drugs: SSRIs, but their effect can be permanent in some people.

Supplements: Possibly 5HTP, for the same reasons as SSRIs, and possibly St. John's wort.

#5 Pureacetam

• 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

Edited by Pureacetam, 05 May 2013 - 05:20 AM.

#6 Pureacetam

• 9 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:19 AM

noopept is freaking amazing at it.... still hasn't gone back to normal after a month :/

#7 Unstoppable

• 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Indeed... I quit noopept cause it drastically effected erection strength and libido... Kind of a shame cause the effects were most pronounces nootropicwise. :(

#8 Sir Chugalot

• 31 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

Wedding cake.

It worked for m wife

*Tiddy boom*

In all seriousness, it's natures way of getting you out there to go and meet somebody which should then hopefully turn into a deep and meaningful relationships. Deep down I'm sure you're aware of that, and that should be the number one route to take, but hey it's easier said that done. As a Male I know what works (or rather has negative effects for me) Soy milk etc absolutely kills my libido, I'm guessing I'm one of the people who can produce Equol of it.

I also have experience of Nopept which has an interesting effect on Libido in that it doesn't crush it, but it makes everything more controllable, it helped me be less impulsive, but I could perform when i wanted to.

Edited by Sir Chugalot, 05 May 2013 - 01:42 PM.

• like x 3

#9 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Here are a couple of ways:

1. Increase estrogen:
Pueraria Mirifica is know to have some dulling effects on libido. Some women also use it to increase their breast size.
Soy, just as Sir Chugalot said, seems to lower libido by increasing some people's estorgen.
Birth control pills, some of women have also experience an increase of prolactin from them.

2. Increase prolactin:
Blessed thistle is one of the herbs recommended to women to increase milk production, perhaps by increasing prolactin.
Milk thistle some where I believe on this forum someone mention that this plant has a little effect of increasing prolactin.

3. MAO-A inhibitor/increase serotonin(MAO-A breaks down serotonin, got the following list from wikipedia):
Harmala alkaloids, natural MAO-A inhibitor.
Resveratrol, natural MAO-A inhibitor.
Curcumin, a natural nonselective MAO-A & MAO-B inhibitor. Inhibiting MAO-B will lead to a raise in dopamine and libido.
5-HTP precursor of serotonin.
Tryptophan serotonin precursor.

4. Decrease testosterone & dht:
Saw palmetto, has been known to block the conversion of test to dht(a more androgenic hormone). Some man have claim it affect their libido, while some women use it to help their libido will on pueraria mirifica. It most be noted that blocking this conversion lead to a higher test.

5. Calorie restriction diet, some women have found that on this diet they don't menstruate which can help with the raise of testosterone and sexual desire women experience during their menstrual cycle.

Some more info:
According to webmd.com estrogen can increase the number of serotonin receptors in the brain. In addition, estrogen has been link to bloating, blood clots, and some types of cancer and tumours.

The best for this seem to be pueraria mirifica, soy, and 5htp/mao-a inhibitor.

I hope this helps you.

#10 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:25 PM

SSRIs and SNRIs
Bacopa

#11 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:56 PM

Some women on this forum have stated that Bacopa increased theirs.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#12 LaurenLikesTo

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

thank you everyone for your help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: libido

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users