* * * * * 1 votes

Methylene Blue: Upgrade Your Brain For Pennies

methylene blue

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 mrnootropic

• 180 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:04 PM

I found this interesting article / topic and thought i would share it with you and to also help start a discussion in here about Methylene Blue.

Original Post By Selfhacked. Check his site out. Whether his information is correct, it doesn't matter as long as it sparks a good discussion in here.

Methylene Blue: Upgrade Your Brain For Pennies

Before I speak about methylene blue, I think people need to read a short primer on hormesis and how to harness this concept, since methylene blue is working by this mechanism.
Hormesis – The Most Effective Tool for Enhancement

Let’s face it. Most “nootropics” don’t work well for youngish healthy individuals, at least in my experience. As my health problems disappeared, I naturally started to search for the best tools for enhancement and I realized everything that was highly effective fell into 2 categories. They either corrected a deficiency or worked by hormesis. Hormesis is the best method for enhancement for people who are already healthy. Hormesis is the concept of introducing a stress to the body, in which case the body will have a reaction that will prep it for future stressors that are even stronger. By being prepped, the body can be shifted into a state of higher performance. Vaccines work in this manner. You introduce a tiny dose of a pathogen and the body responds with developing immunity to an even bigger onslaught of that pathogen. When you introduce small stressors, the body will super-compensate and become stronger. Exercise mainly works by hormesis as well, which is why it’s an effective enhancement tool for people who are already very healthy. The American ethos, though, has a hard time digesting this concept and using it properly. We like the concept of becoming stronger but we lack the culture of moderation and the wisdom that less is more. We view hormesis as what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. In reality, what doesn’t harm you too much makes you stronger. We like to take things to the extreme, though. If something is good we’ll do more of it. Exercise is healthy? Great. Time to run marathons. The dose used in hormesis must be carefully applied according to the individual’s initial condition. For example, someone who hasn’t exercised in years shouldn’t suddenly engage in exhaustive exercise. In the same vein, someone with a leaky gut should not be exercising exhaustively or drinking alcohol because these things exacerbate such a condition. With hormesis, the dose is key. A little is a great and a lot is terrible. The conditional nature of hormesis adds complexity and naturally humans don’t like this because we tend to look at things in a binary fashion, where things are either good or bad. If it’s good, we like it and if it’s not we don’t. A nuanced approach is missing here, where the answer isn’t “yes” or “no” but rather “it depends.” The human body is a complex system that requires nuance more than less complex systems. By categorizing things clearly, nuance gets lost in the jungle of labels. By not truly accepting this idea that less is more, many bloggers and people tend to take things too far. If we don’t use hormesis properly it can cause more harm than good.
Tips for Using Hormesis
  • It’s better to have all the basic building blocks(i.e. proper diet and nutrition) before you start hormetic types of enhancements
  • The dose is everything
  • The proper dose can be different for different people in different circumstances
  • Less is more
  • Do not “stack”
  • You must fully heal before taking the next dose
  • Take breaks. Use different kinds of stressors during these breaks that stress different aspects of the body/mind.
  • Do not use stressors to improve performance during or immediately after. Performance actually takes a dip right after the stimulus. Effects accrue over time, though.
  • When you stop feeling an effect, up the dosage by a little.
Methylene Blue

Methylene blue was first used in 1891 to treat malaria. It has wildly different effects depending on the dose. In the milligram doses it shows some MAO-I properties and can kill certain infections. In the microgram doses, however, it acts via hormetic mechanisms and likely won’t kill an infection or have MAO-I properties. Methylene blue has been shown to support memory consolidation and is neuroprotective as well. It also has been shown that in low doses methylene blue protects the brain from disease by acting as an antioxidant in the mitochondria. It also acts as an artificial electron donor to complex I-IV of the mitochondria. This means that it can increase ATP production. ATP is the currency of life and the energy that powers humans. If our production of ATP declines, our physical and mental performance declines. Even healthy individuals can benefit from a boost in ATP production.
M blue has this same mechanism of action in common with transcranial laser therapy(LLLT) and I’ve noticed similar effects. But with LLLT the effects seem to linger for days, whereas with M blue it only lasts 2-6 hours. With LLLT it’s as if I’m on M blue 24/7, even when I’m trying to sleep. This isn’t necessarily a good thing because this constant buzz doesn’t make me perform better. I’m still experimenting with LLLT, so time will tell if I decide to include it in my toolkit.
My Experience

Methylene blue definitely has an effect and I’ve subjectively noticed that it does so by increasing mitochondrial function, as it’s supposed to. After lots of experimentation with mitochondrial enhancers, you begin to know what mitochondrial enhancement feels like. Anyway, I find it’s a great antidepressant and a nice tool for enhancement over the long term. Sometimes I feel slight pains in random places when I take it, but it’s very minor and goes away quickly so I’m not worried; it is acting by hormesis, after all. I take it once a day and usually not two days in a row. I cycle with other mitochondrial enhancers. I end up taking it about twice week, only because I have many other mitochondrial enhancers in my toolkit.
How To Take It

I bought “Kordon/Oasis (Novalek) AKD37344 Methylene for Aquarium, 4-Ounce, Blue” on Amazon for 5 bucks, which should last me over a hundred years.
Here’s a dead simple way to take it. Take one DROP from the Kordon 2.3% methylene blue solution and put it in a 1 ounce tincture bottle. Fill the tincture bottle with water and shake. My sweet spot is 10 drops, which is roughly 30mcg, give or take 5 mcg. I usually need 1/2 of the dose that others need, so it would make sense that 60mcg(~20 drops) is a sweet spot for others and this is indeed the suggested dosage for nootropic usage. Each drop from that diluted solution should equal 2.8-3.9mcg*(scroll to the bottom). I would suggest to start with 5 drops from this diluted solution to test for a reaction and increase by 5 drops after each subsequent use until you get 15-20 drops. Adjust up or down based on preference and usage. For example, if you take 20 drops or a dropperful and don’t feel anything, take 25 drops. If you feel tired after taking 20 then take 15 drops.
Basis for this dosing:
The base solution is 2.3% methylene blue, which means that it has 2.3g per 100ml of solution, or 23mg per 1 ml solution or 2.3 mg per drop(20 drops in a ml). Since there’s 29.5 ml in an ounce and assuming 20 drops per a ml, there’s approximately 590 drops in ounce. So 2300mcg/590=3.9mcg per a drop.
For a 1% methylene blue solution:
1g per 100ml=10mg/ml. 500mcg per drop. 5 drops =2500mcg/590 drops in an oz=4.2mcg per drop
In this case, instead of adding 1 drop, add 5 drops from the starting solution and fill a 1 ounce tincture bottle. Start with 5 drops from this diluted solution to test for reaction and increase by 5 drops after each subsequent use until you get to 15 or 20 drops, just like before.
Safety

As far as the safety goes, dosages haven been used somewhat safely at 10,000 times the suggested dosage of 60mcg, so there’s a large margin for error. I think concerns about its effects at larger doses on the gut microbiome is unfounded when taken at microgram levels.
*20 drops is generally considered a ml, but according to one manufacturer, there’s 28 drops in a ml and accordingly 826 drops in a 1 ounce tincture bottle. I counted the actual number of drops a while back and I recall it being in the low 800′s, so that might be a more reliable number. In this case, you’d be getting 2.8mcg per drop. This discrepancy may be a function of the type of dropper used. Since we are dealing with such low dosages, being off by 10mcg isn’t highly significant. The user should test the optimal dosing for themself.
  • like x 3

#2 Raz007

• 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

Very intersting! the instructions are coherent, clear and simple.
Only thing left for making this post complete is references to articles that
talk about M.B. in the context of Nootropic.

Plus, I would be glad to know on which other Mitochondrial enchancer he talks about..

Edited by Raz007, 28 August 2013 - 08:18 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

http://www.longecity...-blue-research/ - I'd post and read there instead.
  • Agree x 1

#4 mrnootropic

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:30 PM

Very intersting! the instructions are coherent, clear and simple.
Only thing left for making this post complete is references to articles that
talk about M.B. in the context of Nootropic.

Plus, I would be glad to know on which other Mitochondrial enchancer he talks about..

My thoughts exactly!!

Ive just googled Mitochondrial enchancer now and it seems as though N-acetylcysteine is one ( A Mitochondrial enchancer)..

http://www.longecity...-blue-research/ - I'd post and read there instead.

Ok man thanks..

I'll check it out now..

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 28 August 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#5 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

There are a number of threads discussing MB. Like this one--
http://www.longecity...th-in-old-mice/
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#6 RJ23_1989

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:21 AM

Interesting. Would you mind telling me what other 'mitochondrial enhancers' you are referring to. I have somewhat of an obsession with that sort of thing..

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

#7 Psionic

• 187 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

it has 2.3g per 100ml of solution, or 23mg per 1 ml solution or 2.3 mg per drop (20 drops in a ml).

You meant to say 1.15 mg per drop ? (1ml/20*23mg)

Is it safe to take PQQ and Ubiquinol at the same time as they are also supposed to increase mitochondria ?

#8 RJ23_1989

• 111 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

it has 2.3g per 100ml of solution, or 23mg per 1 ml solution or 2.3 mg per drop (20 drops in a ml).

Is it safe to take PQQ and Ubiquinol at the same time as they are also supposed to increase mitochondria ?

I've taken ubiquinol and PQQ on many occasions and not had any problems. I no longer take PQQ because I felt that it didn't do much of anything at least for me. One thing I can advise against is making your own ubiqinol out of ubiqinone powder and MCT oil. I did that and 400mg wrecked my stomach for an entire day.

#9 mrnootropic

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

Interesting. Would you mind telling me what other 'mitochondrial enhancers' you are referring to. I have somewhat of an obsession with that sort of thing..

Hey this isnt my post, it was posted on Selfhacked's website..

But N-Acetyl-Cysteine is a MItochondrial Enhancer.

Piracetam also affects Mitochondria, Google both of them.

The original post is by selfhacked on his website, i just shared it.

But yeah he probably meant 1.15 mg..

#10 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

PPAR gamma and delta agonists are also mitochondrial enhancers. Resveratrol acts on PPAR-gamma, which probably accounts for the improved athletic performance noted in some studies and by some posting here. PPAR delta agonists are even more effective at such enhancement; so much so that some are banned in sport competition. AiCAR is one, another GW1516 was found to cause cancer, a trait not shared by all PPAR-delta agonists. Another I am using currently is an extract from bitter melon, Momordica charantia.

I believe these work by a different mechanism than MB, which improves the NAD/NADH ratio.

#11 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:21 PM

AiCAR is one...

Is that a typo?

#12 Nattzor

• 549 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

AiCAR is one...

Is that a typo?

Nope,
ALCAR = Acetyl-Carnitine
AICAR = AICA-riboside

AICAR is used as a doping agent in cardio-sports.

#13 andrewmartinuk

• 20 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

Interesting!

I like that fact that , Methylene Blue is only £4 for a lifetime supply ! hahaha

Thats probably the cheapest nootropic / supplement there will ever be.. (Over the Counter, Not prescription of course.

#14 Raz007

• 38 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:08 AM

I took N-Acetyl-Cysteine for a year on&off , and I can tell it's a great substance.

However, I didn't took it as a nootropic agent ( as I weren't aware of it) - I took it as a
antioxidant agent. N-Acetyl-Cysteine is well known to be a very powerful antioxidant,
It might doesn't deal with nootropic in a direct manner, but it does dealing with your
health. So when I felt like I abused my brain and body a little too much ( weekend with
a lot of alcohol consumption, lack of sleep) so I take N-Acetyl-Cysteine for a couple of
days. The efficiency of N-Acetyl-Cysteine as antioxidant had been well researched- take
a look at this article for example (been cited for 1273 times !)
Aruoma, Okezie I., et al. "The antioxidant action of N-acetylcysteine:
its reaction with hydrogen peroxide, hydroxyl radical, superoxide,
and hypochlorous acid." Free Radical Biology and Medicine 6.6 (1989): 593-597.

N-Acetyl-Cysteine, as a results is a powerful anti-inflammatory, and have an added bonus of
dissolving mucus ! doesn't sound very appealing- I know. but when you have a runny nose in the
Winter you can actually see amazing relief :)

Now for our business, I can tell that when I did took N-Acetyl-Cysteine I had general feeling of well-being
and somewhat more energy - so it might verify the claims about mitochondrial enhancement. I should
see how it work with synergy with the other nootropic agents that I had started to take recently.

#15 Tony V

• 5 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hmmm,

I may have to supplement N-Acetyl-Cysteine once more.

I didnt notice any effects when i was taking 600 mg a day for about 2 months.

#16 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:57 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the correction. That was an error that I fixed. I made my own solution by counting the actual drops a while back, but I figured just putting a drop in a tincture bottle is way simpler. The 1% solution was good but for the 2.3% solution people would've been taking half of the dosage. Either way, I mentioned people should be adding 5 drops until they start to notice something.

For the people curious about the other mitochondrial enhancers I use(sorry if this seems to be written in morse code):

I find PQQ to be the most effective mitochondrial booster. Second is kombucha.

General mitochondrial improvement - NAC, Curcumin, Berberine, GSE, Carnitine, Creatine, Soy, CoQ10, PQQ, RLA, LLLT, Sun

ATP(+): Lactate, LLLT, CES, CoQ10, RLA, Ribose, Glucose, Oxygen, Pyruvate, Carnitine, MB,

Mitochondrial biogenesis: PGC-1a activators: Tea, CR, Fasting, Exercise, Cold, Soy, GL, RLA, RSV, PQQ, GSE, Epimedium………AMPK activators… Sirt1 activators:BM, RSV, EGCG, Curcumin, (Leucine)…..NRF1 activators……and Vit D
(Forskoli, Leucine/BCAA, Quercetin,)

PGC-1a(+)(IR, MitoBiog,Weightloss): Tea, CR, Exercise, Cold, Massage, Soy, GL, Grapeseed, RLA, RSV, PQQ, Epimedium….AMPK(+), p38MAPK(+), Sirt1(+),

SIRT1(+)->PPARy(+), (PGC)-1a(+), UCP2(+), NFkB(-), Brain IS: BM, RSV, EGCG(stabilizing conditions), Curcumin, Kelp, Leucine

PPAR-γ(+)->: Exercise, CR, fasting, Berberine, Curcumin, Cinnamon, FO, Cold Water, Oregano, Soy, Lycopene, Luteolin, PQQ, Carnitine, RLA, Carvacrol (Lutein, phytannic acid)

PPARa(+)->Weightloss: Exercise, CR, fasting, PQQ, Epimedium, Carvacrol (phytannic acid)

PPARδ(+)->weightloss: Berberine, Soy(Genistein and daidzen)**

AMPK(+)->PPARa(+), PGC-1(+), Glut4(+), blocks hyperinsulinemia (weightloss): Exercise, Fasting, Cold water, TRF, Soy, Astragalus, Berberine, Curcumin, GL, FO, ACV, Flax, Tea, Carnitine, Rooibos, Creatine, RSV, RLA, Coq10, BM, Gynostemma (Quercetin, Hydroxytyrosol-OLE, Bilberry)

Edited by Joe Cohen, 08 September 2013 - 06:08 AM.

• like x 5
  • Needs references x 1
  • dislike x 1

#17 kevers

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

I took N-Acetyl-Cysteine originally for health but then found it to be a sort of a nootropic and realized it helped me in that regard too.

#18 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

I didn't know curcumin affects mitochondria positively in so many ways :|? Maybe thats whats making it working so good for me. ..

#19 Bomb Jack

• 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hey guys, thanks for the correction. That was an error that I fixed. I made my own solution by counting the actual drops a while back, but I figured just putting a drop in a tincture bottle is way simpler. The 1% solution was good but for the 2.3% solution people would've been taking half of the dosage. Either way, I mentioned people should be adding 5 drops until they start to notice something.

For the people curious about the other mitochondrial enhancers I use(sorry if this seems to be written in morse code):

General mitochondrial improvement - NAC, Curcumin, Berberine, GSE, Carnitine, Creatine, Soy, CoQ10, PQQ, RLA, LLLT, Sun

ATP(+): Lactate, LLLT, CES, CoQ10, RLA, Ribose, Glucose, Oxygen, Pyruvate, Carnitine, MB,

Mitochondrial biogenesis: PGC-1a activators: Tea, CR, Fasting, Exercise, Cold, Soy, GL, RLA, RSV, PQQ, GSE, Epimedium………AMPK activators… Sirt1 activators:BM, RSV, EGCG, Curcumin, (Leucine)…..NRF1 activators……and Vit D

PGC-1a(+)(IR, MitoBiog,Weightloss): Tea, CR, Exercise, Cold, Massage, Soy, GL, Grapeseed, RLA, RSV, PQQ, Epimedium….AMPK(+), p38MAPK(+), Sirt1(+),

SIRT1(+)->PPARy(+), (PGC)-1a(+), UCP2(+), NFkB(-), Brain IS: BM, RSV, EGCG(stabilizing conditions), Curcumin, Kelp, Leucine

PPAR-γ(+)->: Exercise, CR, fasting, Berberine, Curcumin, Cinnamon, FO, Cold Water, Oregano, Soy, Lycopene, Luteolin, PQQ, Carnitine, RLA, Carvacrol (Lutein, phytannic acid)

PPARa(+)->Weightloss: Exercise, CR, fasting, PQQ, Epimedium, Carvacrol (phytannic acid)

AMPK(+)->PPARa(+), PGC-1(+), Glut4(+), blocks hyperinsulinemia (weightloss): Exercise, Fasting, Cold water, TRF, Soy, Astragalus, Berberine, Curcumin, GL, FO, ACV, Flax, Tea, Carnitine, Rooibos, Creatine, RSV, RLA, Coq10, BM, Gynostemma (Quercetin, Hydroxytyrosol-OLE, Bilberry)

Hi Joe, you should correct also the mcgs to mgs at the beginning of your blog post, I think...

#20 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hi Joe, you should correct also the mcgs to mgs at the beginning of your blog post, I think...

I don't think so ....copy and paste the error?

#21 Bomb Jack

• 9 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Well, if 1 drop is 1,15mg, 10-20 drops should be 11,5-23mg...

My sweet spot is 10-20 drops, which is roughly 20-40mcg, give or take 5 mcg. I usually need less than 1/2 of the dose that others need, so it would make sense that 60mcg(~30 drops) is a sweet spot for others and this is indeed the suggested dosage for nootropic usage. So 1-2 dropperfuls of this solution should be used. Each drop from that diluted solution should equal 1.4-1.95mcg*(scroll to the bottom). I would suggest to start with 5 drops from this diluted solution to test for a reaction and increase by 5 drops after each subsequent use until you get 20-40 drops. Adjust up or down based on preference and usage. For example, if you take 20 drops or a dropperful and don’t feel anything, take 25 drops.
Basis for this dosing:
The base solution is 2.3% methylene blue, which means that it has 2.3g per 100ml of solution, or 23mg per 1 ml solution or 1.15 mg per drop(20 drops in a ml). Since there’s 29.5 ml in an ounce and assuming 20 drops per a ml, there’s approximately 590 drops in ounce. So 1150mcg/590=1.95mcg per a drop.

...or did I miss something??

#22 Joe Cohen

• 156 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

The original solution is 1.15mg per a drop. If you put one drop of that into an ounce of water that gives you 1.95mcg per a drop of the new solution. 30 drops of that new solution gives you ~60mcg.

Edited by Joe Cohen, 21 January 2014 - 04:55 PM.

#23 lone rider

• 17 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

hello all..
after trolling around in forums for a few days searching for a cure to my recent memory loss, forgetful ness i came across MB. thanks to u helpfull guys ,read abt it n did some my own research on it as-well.. finally decided to buy it forom a local petshop .
today almost after 5 days on MB i am quiet happy with results so far.

i am a university student and i found out that my mind was not functioning upto the level it had to...the thing i used to call forget-fullness or lack of seriousness i discovered it was actually memory loss (and a severe one).

my finals are in end of march 48 days remaining n i was pissed to find out all things i finished studying i had forgotten no matter how descriptive were my notes but still i was back to square one right at the same place were i started from at the begining of my session
so in some hope i turned towards MB and it seems to be going in right direction .i am able to solve some calculations and remember formulas and formats. now wen i am solving and studying the numericals i seems to kindaa remember them. though i will be testing myself on that in abt two days from now .
in addition i am thinking to add modafinil aswell ( i really got very less time now and a whole years study to do again from scratch ) .

i would like to ask my friends here if i can go ahead with this combination ..or is there a better option that i have here in uk. i really need something to get my brain on track as i cannot afford to fail got too much at stake right now

also would this short period i have before my xams be sufficient to reap the benefits of MB and modafinil combined

currently i am using 1 drop of 1.943% MB in 100 ml of water in morning and repeat it in the evening as well. i suppose this dose should work out to be arnd 1mg. am i good with it or should i increase or decrease the dose keeping in mind the limited time .additionally i am also taking vitamin B complex and a multi vitamin daily morning with fish oil for omega 3

any help would be helpfull and much appreciated .

this is my first post here. so if in case i seem to have post it in wrong place. pls. ignore my silliness and MOD's pls. feel free to shift it in right place .
thanx

#24 mrnootropic

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

hello all..after trolling around in forums for a few days searching for a cure to my recent memory loss, forgetful ness i came across MB. thanks to u helpfull guys ,read abt it n did some my own research on it as-well.. finally decided to buy it forom a local petshop .
today almost after 5 days on MB i am quiet happy with results so far.

i am a university student and i found out that my mind was not functioning upto the level it had to...the thing i used to call forget-fullness or lack of seriousness i discovered it was actually memory loss (and a severe one).
i would like to ask my friends here if i can go ahead with this combination ..or is there a better option that i have here in uk. i really need something to get my brain on track as i cannot afford to fail got too much at stake right now

also would this short period i have before my xams be sufficient to reap the benefits of MB and modafinil combined
currently i am using 1 drop of 1.943% MB in 100 ml of water in morning and repeat it in the evening as well. i suppose this dose should work out to be arnd 1mg. am i good with it or should i increase or decrease the dose keeping in mind the limited time .additionally i am also taking vitamin B complex and a multi vitamin daily morning with fish oil for omega 3

any help would be helpfull and much appreciated .
this is my first post here. so if in case i seem to have post it in wrong place. pls. ignore my silliness and MOD's pls. feel free to shift it in right place .
thanx

Hey, if you have serious memory loss, i would not bother with Modafinil.
Modafinil is used for Cognitive enhancement and Fatigue, not for Severe Memory Loss.
I would definetely keep taking Omega 3 fish oils.

Also switch your B-Complex to Jarrow Formulas B-Right, this is the most potent and best quality B Complex around imo.
If your memory loss is severe, i wouldnt bother with Online Information or supplements.

I would go to a doctor to check your blood levels or urine or whatever.
Or even check your brain, i dont know, but just go to a good doctor to find out the reason for your memory loss and then look for supplements.

Anything could of happened to your brain, you dont want to mess around with stuff like modafinil, its best to get professional help and then look for supplements and cures.

You cant cure something that you dont know what your trying to cure.
Find out whats happened in your body to cause you memory loss and then i can try recommend some supplements.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 12 February 2014 - 01:14 AM.

• Good Point x 1

#25 lone rider

• 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:17 AM

thnx for the reply Mr. Nootropic.
actually i did went to my GP and he had all sorts of blood test done and thyroid test aswell . and the reports came out very good ,according to him i am a very healthy person with no trouble only i can reduce a little weight to be in ideal height to weight ratio.

he also took a small mental test n i scored 98% in that test ( thought the questions were like ..1) whats the name of queen, 2) whats the day today 3). whats the date today and a few other which even a toddler can answer) . i did mentioned him that i am a uni student n all details.

so as per my GP i am all ok and healthy and he said its just that i am not able to register things in my mind

i did had a few emotional troubles in past and used to be very much depressed but i dealt with it without any clnical help no medications . my profession requires me to be very very tough mentally.n i dealt with it . but one thing i know is all that stress n dipression did had its toll on my mind .
generally i am a kind of person to avoid medicines as much as i can ,havn't taken any medicines for past 8 o 9 years if i remember correctlyother than occasional Disprin for headache that also if it was sever n i was working at that time may be total of 10 to 12 time in past 5 years.

i now really have no other way out other than deal with the situation. iam taking Barlean's fish oil 1 TSp , 1 boots vit B cmplx ( will change it to Jarrows ) 1 tab MULTI VITAMIN , 1 mg MB twice daily.

kindly advice me if there is anything that can help me out with this phase.

thank's

#26 mrnootropic

• Topic Starter
  • 180 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

thnx for the reply Mr. Nootropic.

so as per my GP i am all ok and healthy and he said its just that i am not able to register things in my mind

i did had a few emotional troubles in past and used to be very much depressed but i dealt with it without any clnical help no medications . my profession requires me to be very very tough mentally.n i dealt with it . but one thing i know is all that stress n dipression did had its toll on my mind .
generally i am a kind of person to avoid medicines as much as i can ,havn't taken any medicines for past 8 o 9 years if i remember correctlyother than occasional Disprin for headache that also if it was sever n i was working at that time may be total of 10 to 12 time in past 5 years.

i now really have no other way out other than deal with the situation. iam taking Barlean's fish oil 1 TSp , 1 boots vit B cmplx ( will change it to Jarrows ) 1 tab MULTI VITAMIN , 1 mg MB twice daily.

kindly advice me if there is anything that can help me out with this phase.

thank's

Ok, now i can think what to recommend you.
If you still suffer from depression and your doctor says your perfectly healthy, then i would say that your memory loss is due to depression.

Depression can definitely affect your brain and your memory, if you still suffer from depression, here a list of supplements :

Supplements for Depression:

NADH, this helps your body produce ATP and can relieve depression by giving you more energy, buy the one sold by FSC..
CoQ10 this also increases energy levels, which is a problem when suffering depression.
Vitamin D3, Vitamin D3 has been shown to alleviate deprssion, take in large amounts, 5000 IU daily.
Jarrow Formulas B-Right,This is the best B-Vitamin complex around.. Im recommending this because its helped me alot with my depression and memory.
Methyl B12 Lozenges by Jarrow Formulas
D-Ribose
Barleans or Pharma Nord Fish Oil,definitely needed to help depression and also memory.
SAMe,
Methylfolate, this is in Jarrow formulas B-Right.

Supplements for Memory:

Creatine, has been shown to help memory, but also helps ATP and energy levels.
Choline, This has helped my memory and also my depression, i bought Choline & Pantothenic Acid by Health Plus
Bulletproof Coffee, Make your coffee with Unsalted Butter & MCT Oil.. No sugar. Coffee has some good properties.
MCT OIL, this helps with energy and makes you feel more alert and helps cognition
Coconut Oil,This helps give you clean energy and helps memory.
Pregnenolone, This helps with depression and helps to clear brain fog.
Nicotinamide / Niacin, this is useful and also cheap.

Jarrow Formulas B-Right contains, Methylfolate, Methylcobalamin, PABA, Choline, P5P, Niacinamide, , which is why its so effective at helping memory and depression. Its helped me alot. I wouldn't recommend Nootropics to anyone with memory loss, Nootropics such as Noopept have basically no research and Nootropics are meant for people trying to enhance their memory and trying to become smart, not recover from memory loss.

Ive also suffered from depression and memory loss, i recovered by changing my diet to high fat, Medium protein and Low - Medium Carbs. I eat healthy everyday.I also dont eat bread, which i found to make me feel tired. Bread contains gluten so , i eliminated gluten from my diet too, i eat gluten in very small amounts, as food will be slightly contaminated with gluten no matter what.

I also stopped drinking fresh milk, which i found to cause fatigue.
You could do the elimination diet and eliminate certain food groups, you could have food intolerance's which could be a cause to your memory malfunction.

Exercise, Also helps with depression and brain function.

Edited by Mr.Nootropic, 12 February 2014 - 01:12 PM.

• Needs references x 1

#27 lone rider

• 17 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

thanks for the advice and detailed info.. will be searching for the supplements and giving it a go.

thanks

#28 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:22 AM

Does it matter what kind of methylene blue you purchase? I see methylene blue stain in drop form.   I also see powder forms.   

Do I get the drops? 

#29 axonopathy

• Guest Social Engineering Spammer
  • 69 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:15 AM

Does it matter what kind of methylene blue you purchase? I see methylene blue stain in drop form.   I also see powder forms.   

Do I get the drops? 

I do think it matters what kind of methylene blue you purchase, but I am hugely biased. 

Buying United States Pharmacopeia (USP)-grade methylene blue ensures that the organic solvents used in the synthesis of methylene blue (e.g., carbon tetrachloride) are below unsafe thresholds. It also ensures that arsenic and other heavy metals are assayed below 8ppm. Due to the risks of unreacted starting reagents or solvents contaminating a batch of methylene blue, TauRx has recently filed multiple patents for novel synthetic routes of methylene blue in addition to purification schemes that will yield a purer final product. To see an example of one such patent, click here.  (TauRx is the pharmaceutical company seeking approval for methylene blue in the treatment of Alzheimer's.) 

Sources of methylene blue: 

• Niles on ebay. Niles is consistently recommended by members of the longecity community
  • My own website where I sell pharma grade methylene blue (shameless plug) 
  • Kordon Blue fish disinfectant on Amazon

Here is a certificate of analysis for the methylene blue product that I sell.

If you want to take out the middle man (in this case, me), I recommend buying directly from Fisher scientific. They sell USP/pharma grade methylene blue at a purity of 99.8%.

Edited by rnapolymerase, 15 May 2015 - 03:21 AM.

• Ill informed x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

I'm going to try it!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: methylene blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users