- - - - -

Help with spacing out supplements:

supplements timing sleep absorption

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

I have a pretty big set of supplements that I'm taking every day, some that require taking multiple spread through out the day, and I would love help in terms of knowing when or when not to take them. Here is what I have so far:

8AM
Synthroid 50mg

9AM
Magnesium L-Threonate
Ester-C 500 mg
Jarrow Neuro-Optimizer
Maca Root Organic 600mg

11AM
Maca Root
Neuro-Optimizer
BioSil, 5 drops

NOON
Tocomin Suprabio 50mg
Vitamin D 2000 I.U.
Neuro-Optimizer
Ester-C

1PM
Neuro-Optimizer
BioSil, 5 drops
Trace Minerals, 14 drops

3PM
Ester-C
Magnesium L-Threonate
Coenzyme B-Complex

6PM
Ester-C
Magnesium L-Threonate
Coenzyme B-Complex

Any corrections or things I should be aware of? I'm trying to manage it so nothing gets in the way of my sleep or perhaps inhibits proper absorption or any of them.

#2 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

Looks like you're doing a pretty good job. If you have trouble sleeping, you might want to move some things to earlier times, like the last B-Complex dose. You should put when you take your meals because that could matter. I take D that has no fat or oil in it so I have to take it with a meal containing fat or oil. Does the Ester C have bioflavonoids? I don't digest those well and they make me sluggish. If they are o.k for you, you stand a better chance of utilizing the C, as it needs co-factors to do its best work. Consider taking C with fruit, fruit juice, or a meal containing natural vitamin C to maximize utilization. Another way to do this is to get some pure Camu Camu juice powder made by Amazon Therapeutics and fill your own capsules (because it is too acidic for you teeth and the premade capsules go bad too easily). Roll the filled capsules between paper towels on a plate to the get the excess powder off of them. They contain natural C and natural C co-factors that are easy to break down. Camu Camu is too acidic to be recommended as a primary C source long term for some people but it could be a good secondary source and a source of co-factors. This is a lot of work, so getting some C-rich foods might be another option.

I take silica with meals. BioSil isn't bad. I prefer Solaray Bamboo extract. I take the contents of half a capsule and dissolve it with water in a bottle cap and take it with meals. I find the plant silica extracts, (not whole plants), to be superior to the sand-based silica supplements, which BioSil and JarrowSil both are, I think. After you finish the BioSil, try Solaray Bamboo Extract, if you can get it. You may also be able to make bamboo extract from bamboo, if you have the inclination.

This is a link to a post where I go into my opinion of silica supplements.

http://www.longecity.../#commentsStart

Edited by Luminosity, 10 October 2013 - 06:06 AM.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 JBForrester

• Topic Starter
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:47 AM

Thank you Luminosity. I'll have to take some time to read thoroughly what you say in your blog post and look into the idea of filling my own capsules. Have you noticed any significant difference? The Ester-C does have bioflavenoids.
Will reply later when I take a thorough look at your other post.

#4 JBForrester

• Topic Starter
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Including in my supplement list:

Noon and 3pm:
- Omega 3 Fish Oil

6PM:
- 2 baby aspirin

@ Luminosity - this is a side question about your blog post - sorry if I am misinformed, but how would regrowing cartilage affect the nose?

#5 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

Your nose is made of cartilage, so if you needed to heal your nose cartilage, it would help that process to be faster and better. Is there a particular issue?

I wouldn't take aspirin myself. There's more natural ways to keep your veins clear or reduce chronic inflammation, if that's the concern. What's the purpose of the aspirin for you? Dr. Jan McBarron, MD, ND, RN of the show Duke and the Doctor isn't a fan of everyone taking aspirin. It can lead to stomach problems for some and some people don't need thinner blood. I don't.

You don't have to take Camu Camu and fill your own capsules, it's just an option and a labor intensive one at that. If you were not able to digest the usual bioflavoniods in Vitamin C supplements (they cause gas, bloating and sluggishness for some people) that would have been a way to get natural co-factors that are easier to breakdown and frankly, higher quality, but it's a labor intensive option. Say you could not get much fresh produce and you really wanted the co-factors but could not tolerate the usual bioflavoniods in supplements, it would be an option. I think the usual size empty gel capsules would be too much Camu Camu for this so if you do this, try to find smaller gel caps or fill them only a third or half full.

The pre-filled capsules of Camu Camu are brown and oxidized. It's bad. It won't keep, so that's the purpose of filling your own. You need to get the juice powder, not the whole berry powder. The whole berry powder is too perishable. It's not fresh.

Edited by Luminosity, 11 October 2013 - 04:15 AM.

#6 JBForrester

• Topic Starter
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

Huh.

I ask about cartilage because my nose isn't particularly tiny, and wouldn't want its cartilage to grow any more.

As for aspirin, there have been studies upon clinical studies indicating it's benefits. Also, it supposedly helps increase ferritin, which I need.

Do you have any studies on camu camu by the way?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Luminosity

• 2,000 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:46 AM

I can't see how it would make your nose bigger. You might not need many of the supplements to regrow cartilage. I was just thinking that the info on silica on that thread might be interesting. I think there's studies saying that aspirin causes ulcers for some people and that the benefits can be gotten other ways, but it's a personal decision. I don't have studies for Camu Camu. It's very high in natural vitamin C and co-factors. It's too acidic to take much of for some people, but a little in a capsule may help. I like it better than Acerola Cherry powder.

Edited by Luminosity, 12 October 2013 - 04:59 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements, timing, sleep, absorption

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users