• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Aspirin and Piracetam together = 15% better?

piracetam aspirin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 09:40 PM

Study of acetylsalicylic Acid role in the potentiation of antiamnesic and neuroprotective properties of piracetam in rats with alloxan diabetes
[Article in Russian]

Zhylyuk V, Lievykh A, Mamchur V.
Source
SE «Dnipropetrovsk Medical Academy of Health Ministry of Ukraine», Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine.
Abstract

It has been established that prolonged alloxan-induced hyperglycemia in rats potentiates amnesic properties of scopolamine hydrobromide. It was characterized by shortening of the latent period by 44% (p<0,01) and by 47,7% (p<0,05) after 24 hours and on the 20th day of conditioned passive avoidance test. This effect was accompanied by increase in oxidative modification of proteins and nitric oxide synthesis in the cerebral cortex. Along with this, a significant enhancement of ADP- and collagen-induced platelet aggregation was observed. These processes may play the leading role in the development of cognitive deficit in diabetes. Meanwhile, co-administration of piracetam with acetylsalicylic acid was accompanied by an expressed antiamnetic potential - the reduction of early markers of proteins degradation (aldehydephenylhydrazones, APH) by 21,7% (p<0,05) and late markers of proteins degradation (ketonephenylhydrazones, KPH) by 23,8% (p<0,001) was noted. This combination was 15,7% (p<0,05) more active than piracetam according to the effect upon KPH. NO2-/NO3- level was also decreased by 30,3% (p<0,05) in comparison with alloxan-diabetic rats. The significant anti-platelet effect was observed: degree of collagen-induced platelet aggregation was reduced by 56,8% (p<0,01), ADP (5 μmol/l)-induced - by 31,7% (p<0,01), ADP (20 μmol/l)-induced - by 47,3% (p<0,01) as compared to the hyperglycemic rats. Such an increase in nootropic activity of piracetam may be assumed to be directly related to the ability of acetylsalicylic acid to improve microcirculation in the ischemic areas of the brain in diabetes and probably to its neuroprotective potential.

source

Sorry for sensationalist title - practically the authors are saying that the combination is 15% better at protecting against protein degradation in the brains of scopolamine/alloxan ridden rats, still, the finding may come in handy in case one has diabetes! Also there's the possibility that the two drugs enhance in other in a more nootropic context, I have not been able to find usage cases via google and I would advice caution the anti-platelet effect potential of the two drugs in conjunction is powerful enough to be potentially harmful (I guess, someone more knowledgeable on the subject might be able to give more educated opinion on this)

#2 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:31 AM

I wouldn't be one to opt for taking asprin everyday.

If you really want to enhance any dose of Piracetam then combine it with an equal dose of Fish Oil. I would go as far as to say they it makes Piracetam 200% better. It doesn't really make the dose feel like a bigger dose, but rather it makes it feel much more rich and lucrative so to speak.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 8bitmore

• Topic Starter
  • 347 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

I wouldn't be one to opt for taking asprin everyday.

If you really want to enhance any dose of Piracetam then combine it with an equal dose of Fish Oil. I would go as far as to say they it makes Piracetam 200% better. It doesn't really make the dose feel like a bigger dose, but rather it makes it feel much more rich and lucrative so to speak.

I wouldn't personally take aspirin daily either but I'm still interested in hearing from people who have tried the combination. Also worth noting that Piracetam actually protects against at least of the problems of aspirin (http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/2351418) so there might be hidden synergies between the two compounds.

#4 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

It is true that Piracetam does have neural protective properties. Many people in the past have found it to even prevent crashes/hangovers of hard drugs when taking with said drug, or during the come down. I think while Piracetam does enhance brain function overall, it also rapidly speeds up recovery of the brain.

I think if somewhere were to combine Asprin and Piracetam that they should at least take Asprin every day on its own to see what kind of effects it has on themselves, and then later add Piracetam to note what changes.

#5 8bitmore

• Topic Starter
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

I think if somewhere were to combine Asprin and Piracetam that they should at least take Asprin every day on its own to see what kind of effects it has on themselves, and then later add Piracetam to note what changes.

True, thing is that I (above and beyond the science-part) use muscle-testing to check which compounds I take and this combo just isn't testing for me so I won't be the guinea-pig to try it out. Reckon that diabetics may be primary potential beneficiaries.

#6 SuperjackDid_

• 528 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'm guinea-pig but no notice much on this combo ,disappoint .

#7 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

Could it be as simple as that anything that acts as a blood thinner (which aspirin and fish oil both do) makes piracetam more available and therefore increases its effects?
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 8bitmore

• Topic Starter
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 11:51 AM

Could it be as simple as that anything that acts as a blood thinner (which aspirin and fish oil both do) makes piracetam more available and therefore increases its effects?

Could be, but as far as I can tell from brief search it does not seem that Aspirin increases BBB permeability. As an overall update on the topic I have now tried Aspirin with up 3 grams of Piracetam and while it may very well have made the Aspirin less physically taxing on the body (see above posted studies) I experienced NO subjective effects from the combination.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, aspirin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users