* * * * * 2 votes

What to use for socializing and speech?

propranolol tramadol inderal ultram social anxiety speech oxytocin

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 taktikz

• 64 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:04 AM

I'm looking for something that can help me at social gatherings as well as during business presentations.
I've tried Propranolol for speeches, but it made me very tired.
Tramadol which I take for pain seemed to have helped a ton for social events, but it has lost effectiveness.

Any recommendations?

#2 nupi

• 1,532 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

I find Schizandra mildly pro social

Edited by nupi, 21 October 2013 - 01:20 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

Aniracetam.
  • like x 1

#4 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

It depends what kind of social gathering. Generally though I just use some sort of stimulant (Caffeine, rhodiola rosea, possibly sulbutiamine ect.) caffeine/L-theanine is a great combo for me. For the business presentations, I would stick with a racetam (preferably aniracetam and piracetam) or a basic CILTEP stack.

Also if you don't exercise regularly, It could help reduce social anxiety or fatigue experienced throughout the day. I always underestimate it how much it helps with my cognitive function and well being.
  • like x 1

#5 taktikz

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

At what dosage?

Aniracetam.

What dosage are you using and what brand?

It depends what kind of social gathering. Generally though I just use some sort of stimulant (Caffeine, rhodiola rosea, possibly sulbutiamine ect.) caffeine/L-theanine is a great combo for me. For the business presentations, I would stick with a racetam (preferably aniracetam and piracetam) or a basic CILTEP stack.

Also if you don't exercise regularly, It could help reduce social anxiety or fatigue experienced throughout the day. I always underestimate it how much it helps with my cognitive function and well being.

Rhodiola gave me mild heart palpitations and stopped working after the first dose.
L-Theanine and Sulbutiamine are two things I have not used.
Also, I have yet to try Aniracetam.

#6 paradoxo

• 8 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

200mg of pramiracetam. It gives me a lot of confidence to socialize and speech by blunting my emotions.

#7 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

At what dosage?

Aniracetam.

What dosage are you using and what brand?

Rhodiola gave me mild heart palpitations and stopped working after the first dose.
L-Theanine and Sulbutiamine are two things I have not used.
Also, I have yet to try Aniracetam.

Have you read the CILTEP thread yet? A lot of people around here call it the most effective stack they've ever tried, plus Abelard has been using it for years now. Improved mood and motivation, Increased ability to study and retain information, Improved long-term memory are the common reported benefits.

Its where I would start if I were you!
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#8 rosen

• 16 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Have you read the CILTEP thread yet? A lot of people around here call it the most effective stack they've ever tried, plus Abelard has been using it for years now. Improved mood and motivation, Increased ability to study and retain information, Improved long-term memory are the common reported benefits.

I have not really seen a lot of reports claiming improved sociability with the CILTEP stack. Some users even reported that a part of the stack was not good for socializing, I think it was artichoke or zembrin.

I think a mild stimulant may work as long as you are not prone to anxiety. Caffeine with theanine is probably the safest choice. Then add the racetam you respond most favorably to if you want.

Edited by tesla, 28 October 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#9 TheBatman

• 217 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:33 AM

I have not really seen a lot of reports claiming improved sociability with the CILTEP stack. Some users even reported that a part of the stack was not good for socializing, I think it was artichoke or zembrin.

I think a mild stimulant may work as long as you are not prone to anxiety. Caffeine with theanine is probably the safest choice. Then add the racetam you respond most favorably to if you want.

My bad. I believe Abelard did mention a stronger ability to connect with other people though, but who knows what else he was taking.

#10 rosen

• 16 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

My bad. I believe Abelard did mention a stronger ability to connect with other people though, but who knows what else he was taking.

Well you are not all wrong. If all the claimed benefits are true then the stack should improve social skills but more as an after affect or result of continuously taking it. In my own experience I think the immediate effects a few people write about are either exaggerated or place bo. Not likely to help OP improve speech during presentations. I am just in it for the long term potential.

#11 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

While I wouldn't qualify CILTEP as being a pro-social stack, it is true that it improves confidence a lot, and with an addition of a small dose (800mg/ 1g) Piracetam, it does improve speech abilities in my experience.
But if socializing is your focus I would definitely recommend Aniracetam, which will reduce your anxiety, make you more focused and mindfull, more empathetic. I read on the CILTEP thread that Aniracetam is reported to not work well with the stack, just so you know.
  • like x 1

#12 taktikz

• Topic Starter
  • 64 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:46 AM

Thanks guys

#13 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:17 PM

David Asprey, in one of his (very succesful) presentations said that he was using (at the time) an aniracetam and phenylpiracetam combo (gave a hint of some other add ons also). He said that he was so fluent in his presentations from his nootropic stack. I am thinking an aniracetam. phenylpiracetam, uridine combo. Anyone tried this?

Anything that can give a positive prosocial feeling for a while? Even more for a date or have fun a night out, but even on a job interview a positive "sober" social vibe from a nootropic would be useful. I have not found anything like this...

#14 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:23 PM

David Asprey, in one of his (very succesful) presentations said that he was using (at the time) an aniracetam and phenylpiracetam combo (gave a hint of some other add ons also). He said that he was so fluent in his presentations from his nootropic stack. I am thinking an aniracetam. phenylpiracetam, uridine combo. Anyone tried this?

Anything that can give a positive prosocial feeling for a while? Even more for a date or have fun a night out, but even on a job interview a positive "sober" social vibe from a nootropic would be useful. I have not found anything like this...

The higher doses of oxiracetam (2-3 grams) make me very chatty. I'm already pretty social by nature, but not exactly a great conversationalist -- I can listen well, but I can't always come up with my own things to say quickly enough to actually participate in a conversation. Oxiracetam works pretty well to speed up the mental processing, and make it feel less like work and more like play.

#15 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

The higher doses of oxiracetam (2-3 grams) make me very chatty. I'm already pretty social by nature, but not exactly a great conversationalist -- I can listen well, but I can't always come up with my own things to say quickly enough to actually participate in a conversation. Oxiracetam works pretty well to speed up the mental processing, and make it feel less like work and more like play.

Nice, sunifiram also seems that can be great for social interaction, anyone tried it?

#16 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:20 AM

Yes, I found sunifiram enhanced social interactions, sensory awareness, and talking. But for me, since I didn't have a problem in those areas in the first place, when I was around people who did have some deficits or extremes in those areas, this enhancement could be a problem in terms of how they could interact easily with me.

Sunifiram also did seem to cause some mild hypomanic symptoms for me. Since I don't have bipolar, mild hypomania was enjoyable and very limited. I did not do anything regrettable and enjoyed myself immensely. But I can see where this effect could be a problem for people with bipolar.

Sunifiram was very fun and enjoyable for me, but it's effects wore off and I had some doubts about brain safety for the long term. So I see it as an occasional noot, rather than a regular one.

#17 Iamnobodi

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

Can anyone please direct me to the CILTEP thread, with a link? I've googled 'CILTEP thread longeicty' however, I wanted to know the exact thread that TheBatman was talking about

Cheers

#18 RAFT LIFE

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

I believe the thread batman referenced is titled "chemically induced LTP". I would suggest trying some Celastrus seeds aka intellect seeds. They have a obvious and profound effect on my verbal acuity . Overall I find they are pro-social seeds, not only because of their verbal and confidence boosting effects, but also as a conversation topic. I often walk around with half chewed intellect seed pulp stuck in my teeth or accumulating at the corners of my mouth. When I encounter another human kind enough to point out the pulp I explain that I am intentionally harboring it in my mouth and I am all the smarter for it. Women seem really impressed and men become clearly envious. I cant say enough good about these foul tasting little intellect seeds,, or their pulp.

Edited by RAFT LIFE, 18 February 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#19 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Yes, I found sunifiram enhanced social interactions, sensory awareness, and talking. But for me, since I didn't have a problem in those areas in the first place, when I was around people who did have some deficits or extremes in those areas, this enhancement could be a problem in terms of how they could interact easily with me.

Sunifiram also did seem to cause some mild hypomanic symptoms for me. Since I don't have bipolar, mild hypomania was enjoyable and very limited. I did not do anything regrettable and enjoyed myself immensely. But I can see where this effect could be a problem for people with bipolar.

Sunifiram was very fun and enjoyable for me, but it's effects wore off and I had some doubts about brain safety for the long term. So I see it as an occasional noot, rather than a regular one.

Nice report, could you elaborate on how can be a problem people interacting with you? I think I am getting what the problem might be with other people, not being able to follow in some ways? It seems an interesting observation, could you put more detail to it?

I believe the thread batman referenced is titled "chemically induced LTP". I would suggest trying some Celastrus seeds aka intellect seeds. They have a obvious and profound effect on my verbal acuity . Overall I find they are pro-social seeds, not only because of their verbal and confidence boosting effects, but also as a conversation topic. I often walk around with half chewed intellect seed pulp stuck in my teeth or accumulating at the corners of my mouth. When I encounter another human kind enough to point out the pulp I explain that I am intentionally harboring it in my mouth and I am all the smarter for it. Women seem really impressed and men become clearly envious. I cant say enough good about these foul tasting little intellect seeds,, or their pulp.

Wow, never heard about this, nice name they have! it has some good reviews on Amazon, I am going it to check it out.

#20 renfr

• 1,059 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:24 PM

Interesting... How much of celastrus seeds do you eat per day?

#21 MizTen

• 261 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Nice report, could you elaborate on how can be a problem people interacting with you? I think I am getting what the problem might be with other people, not being able to follow in some ways? It seems an interesting observation, could you put more detail to it?

OK. What I think was going on for me in those social situations under the influence of sunifiram:

under normal conditions (no noots) I already tend to process relational issues rapidly, but with empathy and some self-preserving self-awareness (how I might seem to others), so generally it isn't hard for me to pace myself to others in social settings. The mild hypomanic state that sunifiram induced reduced the empathy somewhat and increased my egocentric self-awareness. This is not always a bad thing. But I was going at an even higher speed than normal in terms of expressing myself and noticing things that were important to me, but paying less attention to how others might be feeling. This wasn't a problem around my friends, but around people with autism spectrum this can be a big problem. Their processing speed is microseconds slower and relational awareness is very different than a neurotypical person, so I could lose them in conversation. This would be very problematic in my work, as a number of my clients have ASD.

In other words, not only would I not be giving some people enough time to form their responses to me, I wouldn't notice or care as much as normal under the influence of something like sunifiram. Bipolar can cause similar effects, as well as some stronger stimulants. That said, sunifiram probably would not be problematic for me, since I'm aware of the effect on communication. Not that I would take it in a work setting.

This also should address the op's question, which did mention public speaking and presentation, I believe. I wouldn't use sunifiram for public speaking without thoroughly trialing it first for that purpose.

I hope this makes sense. It's actually a pretty complicated topic. I've probably stepped on someone's toes.

Edited by MizTen, 21 February 2014 - 09:12 PM.

#22 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

i found sunifiram felt like a dirty cocaine light, even got the exact same gastrointestinal effects, i have a feeling it was cut with a topical anesthetic i got mine from newmind/liftmode

#23 magta39

• 131 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

I agree with the above that CILTEP gives confidence, but has negative effect on working memory and verbal skills. I did try something new today that gave me tremendous confidence in a social setting 50mgs Idebenone and 50mgs Phenylpiracetam both sublingually. I will try another experiment next week, maybe throw in 2mgs Galantamine.

#24 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:08 AM

Magta, have you tried phenylpiracetam on its own? I am reading that idebenone can have some pretty strong effects on its own, but some report quick tolerance.

I am not sure what everyone here wants to convey when socializing, just to say that the two most important factors for a likeable personality is the appearance of power and warmth at the same time. Not much surprise here considering this from an evolutionary perspective... It has to be well balanced though, too much of a powerful presense and can be intimidating, too much warmth without power, could somewhat lower your status or make you seem wanting something from the other person.

The logic is that you are powerful enough, so if needed you are able to do something for the other person, and you are naturally cooperative so you will have the urge to do so. Many words to say that in a rounded stack you need nootropics that boost confidence and warmth among their other qualities.

#25 magta39

• 131 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Yes Strangelove, for me this was a perfect balance of power and warmth, I was conversing about stock options with people and playing with their children. I have previously tried phenylpiracetam by itself a handful of times, but it always ended with a mental crash and depressed feeling after about 4 hours But that did not happen when combined with idebenone. I have experimented with very small amounts of idebenone sublingually (5, 10, 25mgs) but by itself did not do much. This was the first time trying 50mgs idebenone. I have combined 20mgs idebenone sublingual with 5G piracetam with alot of success, which gives me alot of warmth and empathy, but still not that supremely confident alpha male feeling. I don't take any of these things every day, only on certain days when I feel I need them. Oh, when I tried the idebenone/phenylpiracetam combo I also took 5mg forskolin earlier that morning which I do after working out, not sure if that affected the results. I will try some more experiments next week.

#26 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Yes Strangelove, for me this was a perfect balance of power and warmth, I was conversing about stock options with people and playing with their children. I have previously tried phenylpiracetam by itself a handful of times, but it always ended with a mental crash and depressed feeling after about 4 hours But that did not happen when combined with idebenone. I have experimented with very small amounts of idebenone sublingually (5, 10, 25mgs) but by itself did not do much. This was the first time trying 50mgs idebenone. I have combined 20mgs idebenone sublingual with 5G piracetam with alot of success, which gives me alot of warmth and empathy, but still not that supremely confident alpha male feeling. I don't take any of these things every day, only on certain days when I feel I need them. Oh, when I tried the idebenone/phenylpiracetam combo I also took 5mg forskolin earlier that morning which I do after working out, not sure if that affected the results. I will try some more experiments next week.

Interesting, thanks for the detailed reply, so you would say that you get most of the effect from phenylpiracetam, but idebenone its makes it going for longer, or that its also increases empathy?

It could be a nice find, I found one more person in imminst saying that idebenone stacks very well with piracetam.

This is a nice thread, putting some experiences together we could find a nice social enhancing stack. I am waiting for my phenylpiracetam and sunifiram any day now.

#27 magta39

• 131 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 08:42 PM

Idebenone by itself in small doses didn't seem to do much for me, but maybe the dose was too low(5, 10, or 25mgs). I will have to try a 50mg sublingual dose by itself to confirm this.

#28 magta39

• 131 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

Yesterday I tried the idebenone/phenylpiracetam sublingual combo again, this time there was no forskolin taken earlier that morning, but I did throw in 100mgs theanine when I took the sublingual combo. It was another gread time of upbeat mood and business socializing. I was more relaxed from the theanine, maybe too relaxed. I probably did not even need it. It lasted a good 6 hours with no crash and depression, I finally came down when I had a glass of wine with dinner. This may be the best mood enhancer I have yet discovered. Today is the day after and I still feel really good moodwise!
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#29 magta39

• 131 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Idebenone by itself in small doses didn't seem to do much for me, but maybe the dose was too low(5, 10, or 25mgs). I will have to try a 50mg sublingual dose by itself to confirm this.

Yesterday I did the 50mgs idebenone by itself, not so good for socializing...I found people quite annoying as I solved technical problems all day, my mind was clear and sharp.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: propranolol, tramadol, inderal, ultram, social anxiety, speech, oxytocin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users