• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Memory loss - Marijauna, alcohol, and Adderall - Could someone give me some insight into what might have happened?

marijuana memory alcohol adderall motivation focus add attention adhd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fiend007

• 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

I am 30 years old, and back in 2006 I consumed very strong marijuana brownies (I had smoked before, but first time eating, and I ate too much). I ended up passing out for 16 hrs, and when I woke up my memory felt very off (I was on Adderall at the time too). Everything seemed distant. Before this I used to have a great long term memory (but bad short term, due to ADD). I could usually remember previous days clearly. But ever since those brownies, my long term memory seems to have taken a big hit. I don't remember the movies I watch as clearly. I used to never have to reread books because I remembered them so well. But now I very easily forget things that I have read, and school work doesn't seem to "stick" like it used to. I don't always remember my previous meals (this used to be easy) and previous days blur together. This has been going on for years.

I have noticed that whenever I binge on alcohol (which I have abused for the past 5 years) or weed my memory takes a significant hit. After I stop it seems to slowly recover somewhat. Over the past month I've completely stopped alcohol, and haven't used marijuana for 5 months. My memory seems to get a little better, but nothing like it was before those brownies.

Could I have permanently damaged my memory from the marijuana and alcohol? Does anyone know of any similar incidents where marijuana contributed to such significant memory loss? Also any advice that might provide some insight on how I can about reversing some of the damage done would be helpful.

#2 fiend007

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

below I'll also post my medication history to give more info:

I was put on Adderall 8 years ago and it was a revelation. Seemed to totally cure my inattentive ADD at first, giving me amazing clarity in thought, motivation, and even ridding me of social anxiety. It was a 20mg XR dose and this lasted for a couple months before motivation and clarity started to come back down. The psychiatrist upped the dose to 30mg XR but this was too much. It seemed when the second part of the dose started kicking in, my brain felt "overloaded" and I couldn't think at all (like an extremely intense brain fog). I was switched to ritalin, which didn't work. Strattera helped a little bit, but too many other side effects. When I restarted Adderall a few years ago (usually 10mg/day was more than enough, anything more was too much), I had all the positive effects again, but seemed to only last for about a month and was very inconsistent.

Currently taking Buproprion SR 150mg. Some enhanced focus, but motivation and clarity issues persist. Also take 100mg B6, 1000mcg B12, multivitamin daily. Magnesium and Melatonin before bed. Sleep is always very inconsistent (and I'm sure also contributed to memory problems). Wake up multiple times during night, and often only get 5 hours of interrupted sleep. Just recieved L-theonine and ALCAR so will try those out. Have taken piracetam + choline in the past - didn't notice much. Also have tried DMAE and l-tyrosine and no noticeable changes.

Any insight into why Adderall has been so inconsistent for me would also be helpful.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:06 AM

Weed causes, as far as i know, synaptic/neuron damage in the hippocampus via increase of calcium transmission.
( i believe i read it somewhere, but i cant guarantee it.)

For this problems should ( as far as i know)huperzin a and pramiracetam and as you've allready ordered alcar be benefical

Weed causes, as far as i know, synaptic/neuron damage in the hippocampus via increase of calcium transmission.
( i believe i read it somewhere, but i cant guarantee it.)

For this problems should ( as far as i know)huperzin a and pramiracetam and as you've allready ordered alcar be benefical

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marijuana, memory, alcohol, adderall, motivation, focus, add, attention, adhd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users