iboga ibogaine kor kappa nmda

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Missjess

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Hi guys,

I am looking for some advice on what I should do to improve or reverse the damage I done by using iboga...about 7 months ago I took a full flood dose of iboga TA from ibogaworld. Long story short the dose was too high for me and I ended up in hospital for 3 days almost. The entire trip lasted 40 horrible hours and in that time I felt my brain enduring torment, and I felt extreme dissociative effects during the experience. I was trying to cure my depersonalization disorder. Fast forward 7 months, I now have a permanant blank mind, I am even more dissociated, I have zero social interest, zero motivation, I cannot plan or initiate anything, my brain feels completely empty to the point where I feel as tho I have no mind. When I move my arms around they just feel even more dissociated from me and everything has a general feeling of floatiness and spaceyness. I tried to work but I couldn't because I was way to spacey and I was very slow and couldn't process information quick enough etc.

Is there anything I can do or take that might attempt to reverse this awful drug induced dissociation? I don't know if it has completely fuked up my entire brain chemistry but it certainly feels that way. I have a trip coming up to go and see john of god in Brazil for 3 months at the end of this month to try and fix this. Does anyone know much about iboga and what receptors it works on etc?

Thank u!!!!
  • like x 1

#2 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

First of all; it definitely has not "completely fucked up" your brain chemistry as evidenced by the fact that you write better and clearer than many other users of this board. As far as I'm concerned you might well be going through a prolonged healing effect from the rather rough time you put yourself through with the Iboga. I believe the Iboga works on the Nicotinic receptors in the brain so you might want to see how you feel after using small/moderate amount of nicotine through e-cigarette or similar (Ibogaine is supposed to remove addiction to nicotine so.. vague connection I guess) but apart from that I think your plan to seek healing is the way ahead; if not via one path then another, the outcome will be more than okay at the end I'm sure.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

Well that doesn't matter if I can read and write, I'm still extremely dissociated and I cannot work. I'm sure it works on a lot more then "nicotinic receptors" iboga is a super strong drug especially in high flood doses which is what I did. I hope my trip to Brazil helps me but I was hoping to find some supplements to take and possibly some sort of kappa antagonist drug perhaps but I don't know for sure which receptors are causing this dissociation.

#4 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

The blank mind is caused by iboga's NMDA antagonism. I confirmed this by taking memantine (a selective NMDA antagonist) and I got the same blank mind that I had on iboga.

The effect should last a week or two at most (until the ibogaine metabolizes or clears the brain), so a permanent blank mind is unprecedented. At this point it's probably an issue of downregulation or some bizarre NMDA interference.

NMDA agonists like D-serine and D-cycloserine, along with positive NMDA modulators like glycine, alpha lipoic acid, and NAC might be worth a try, as well as Modafinil and Adderall.
  • like x 1

#5 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

Thanks !! Well I've had the blank mind for almost 2 months now and it doesn't appear to be changing, I will look into these products! Only thing is I don't know how much to take? It does sound like down regulation of some sort I hope it can be fixed! Do u think it's worth trying a kappa antagonist aswel??

#6 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

Thanks !! Well I've had the blank mind for almost 2 months now and it doesn't appear to be changing, I will look into these products! Only thing is I don't know how much to take? It does sound like down regulation of some sort I hope it can be fixed! Do u think it's worth trying a kappa antagonist aswel??

I might be wrong about the blank mind lasting only 2 weeks because my reaction to iboga was not typical, it cleared my system unusually fast.

The metabolite noribogaine supposedly stays in the brain for several months and studies have not yet determined whether it has significant NMDA antagonist activity. If it does, then it's possible the residual noribogaine is causing your blank mind and it will go away within a couple more months.

If it's true that you still have a potent NMDA antagonist in your brain, no medicine will help until it leaves the brain.

I wouldn't bet on any of the supplements I suggested working like magic, and I don't know about dosing. I usually look up the 'recommended' dose and double or triple it, and take it for a couple weeks to see if it does anything.

I recommend asking around for information on NMDA pharmacology and how to fix NMDA-glutamate-nicotine issues (the three are somehow related), because I'm not an expert on pharmacology and the supplements I recommend might be useless. Drugs-forum.com is a good place to ask. I have no idea if jdtic will help but it sounds like a good drug.

#7 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Yes I don't rlly know much about noribogaine ....is it a kappa agonist by the way? I read it could be partial agonist.

I think I will wait to see if john of god can help me at the end of this month before I try to play psychiatrist with my own brain.

#8 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Here are some other side effects of NMDA antagonism that I experienced, do you have any of these?

-A strange ringing/buzzing noise coming from inside your head, you can only hear it when the room is silent.
-Extremely stabilized mood, any emotions quickly return to baseline
-Extreme feelings of empathy for people even when not appropriate (e.g. Sympathy for the devil)
-No chatter in the head, no daydreaming, difficult to visualize anything or engage in thought, strain to recall memories (these are all what I call 'blank mind')
-(not sure if this one is NMDA antagonism or one of iboga's serotonergic effects) Music seems to play faster than normal
  • like x 1

#9 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

I don't have the strange buzzing or ringing
My mood is extremely stabalized yes, always at baseline...I have no emotions coz I'm dissociated
I am extremely irritable and can get pissed off easily, I don't rlly have much empathy i think coz I am dissociated aswel
Yup I don't have chatter in my head, no day dreaming, cannot think basically nor can I process information as quickly as I should, I tried to work at a dp fast food place I was incredibly slow and my mind was way to blank to process shit quick enough, I felt more of a disconnect from my body then usual
Music sounds the same for me I think, I feel disconnected from my thought processes, like they are just not there
My mind feels empty

#10 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

If you took iboga 7 months ago then how is it that you've had the blank mind for only 2 months? Did the dissociative symptoms start 7 months ago, and then the blank mind appeared 5 months later?

Dissociation and blank mind have different causes probably. It would make sense if your dissociation came from iboga's kappa agonism and blank mind from the NMDA antagonism. So I can see why you're interested in jdtic; if you still have a kappa agonist lingering in your brain (noribogaine?) then jdtic might quickly put an end to the dissociation. But maybe not the blank mind.

7 months is a ridiculously long time, but considering that you're still suffering from typical ibogaine/noribogaine symptoms, it sounds like the iboga still hasn't cleared your system.

#11 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:01 AM

Well after the hospital, I felt as tho my chemistry was continuously changing and the end result was my mind going blank. I already had depersonalization disorder before iboga so I've been dissociated a while however, iboga has made dissociation much worse! Who knows if blank mind and dissociation r linked I'm not sure? But u do sound smart and wat u say may be correct. It is Febuary now and this will actually be going on 8 months since I took the flood dose.

I'm so worried that I cannot fix this blank mind problem it's rlly pissing me off, oh not to mention I feel major anhedonia did u have that too ?

#12 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:14 AM

I know the feeling of believing that iboga is changing your brain chemistry; for me the blank mind was therapeutic (overactive mind) so I believed iboga was healing my brain, but after it cleared my system the effects went back to baseline.

There are plenty of stories of hallucinogens causing HPPD, DP, DR, insanity etc. But the blank mind (assuming we're talking about the same thing) doesn't sound like something that can be permanent, biologically speaking. If it is, it would be a very unique case.

#13 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:23 AM

I think we would rather get rid of our blank mind rather than wait to see if it will go away. For me, I don't think it's theraputic at all, since nobody will hire me if I have a blank mind on the job. Spectre, for example, had a terrible disocciation feeling for 4 years until he found the right drug to target his problem.

#14 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:33 AM

What drug worked?

#15 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:53 AM

He said SUBOXONE/buprenorphine, which is a kappa opioid blocker, completely cured his dissociation within 5 minutes of taking it. Maybe this would work also in this situation, but I'm not sure exactly what k-opiod receptors purpose/effects are.

#16 Jbac

• 252 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

Buprenorphin is a kappa opioid receptor antagonist and mu opioid agonist. The suboxone is added to antagonize mu opioid and block the pleasure.

If buprenorphin worked then JDTic would work too.

http://www.longecity...-bulkgroup-buy/

#17 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:00 AM

Thanks. Haven't heard of jdtic until now and it looks promising. Also, I've seen some Indian/Russian online stores that may have may have Buprenorphin, but currently out of stock and expensive. It may be extremely hard to find online.

#18 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

Tritium do u have a blank mind also !!??? How did urs happen? Forget working!! I already tried and I couldn't do it no joke!
It's not therapeutic at all to be like this.

Yes I think u shud try jdtic that's what I am going to do, I'm waiting to get some and actually my friend has managed to obtain some he is moving over in a week or so and I will try some. It's a selective kappa opoid receptor antagonist

#19 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Yes, my blank mind also occurred as a result of iboga. So far, it's been 12 months. Let us know how jdtic goes and if it cures the problem!

#20 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

Oh shit rlly!!?? How much did u take? Was it a full flood dose? How long have u had the blank mind for the whole 12 months? It's completely fuked up isn't it!! Are there any other problems that u have gotten from iboga use?

#21 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:38 PM

NMDA agonists like D-serine and D-cycloserine, along with positive NMDA modulators like glycine, alpha lipoic acid, and NAC might be worth a try, as well as Modafinil and Adderall.

I agree with the possibility Jbac mentioned except my recommendation for supplements would be D-Serine and Sarcosine. Personally I think the other recommendations would make it worse (except NAC which I see basically as harmless)... based on my subjective experience only. (glycine might be okay actually but not a lot of it) (and d-cycloserine is an interest but I cant comment on that)

Edited by protoject, 05 February 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#22 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:46 PM

Hi protoject,

I actually just purchased these products:
NAC
Glycine
Piracetam

I found that info from this thread: http://www.longecity...019#entry641019 (just look at bottom of post)

Would u suggest those products all will they not be good for me? I think I shud have researched into this further..

#23 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Oh shit rlly!!?? How much did u take? Was it a full flood dose? How long have u had the blank mind for the whole 12 months? It's completely fuked up isn't it!! Are there any other problems that u have gotten from iboga use?

Yeah man. I took about 800mg hcl to cure my adderall addiction. I had trouble walking for about a week (felt like the part of my brain responsible for balance was damaged) and had this strange buzzing noise in my ears for 4 months. It's actually about 14 months now and my thought seems to be slower and I tend to stare off into space thinking about nothing a lot of times! My motivation and future goal oriented behaviors are fried. It's really annoying since I've been trying to get a job for the past 6 months after graduating, but nobody will hire! I also ordered some glycine.

Edited by tritium, 05 February 2014 - 06:59 PM.

#24 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

Oh shit! Well I don't know much about hcl...is 800mg considered to be a high dose? I took 3.2 grams of TA it was fuking strong! From ibogaworld I ended up in hospital for 3 days and it felt like my brain was gonna explode I had to be put on a drip to get the shit out of me and I was completely dissociated throughout the entire experience

Sux u have a buzzing noise in ur ears! I don't have that! But I can relate to that spacey feeling, it's 24/7 to me and feels like my head is a one consciousness with everything around me and it feels fuking empty like I have no mind whatsoever...

Why won't anyone hire u? Do they know ur having these problems?

#25 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Yeah, HCL is supposed to be much stronger then TA, probably equivalent to 3.2 grams of TA.

The buzzing noise went away after about 4 months.

I think most people want to hire someone who can think and speak very fast. I think it's best to not tell them about these problems, since they will certaintly discriminate. Hopefully the smart people in these forums can lead us to find a helpful solution!

#26 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

Oh shit ....I think there needs to be an iboga forum where ppl can share there experiences etc, not many ppl are aware of the potential dangers of iboga and what can go wrong...I mean all I cud find was things like "spiritual plant" "iboga is the papa spirit" " brain reset" when rlly there should be things about what can really happen! Like a completely blank brain with an inability to fuking think or plan anything, zero social interest etc

Yes let's pray that the smart ppl on this forum can help us! And we can get out brain chemistry fixed and out of this state..

Do u sometimes feel pressure building up in ur head? I've been feeling that a lot lately, it's like something is being produced too much and it's taking over or something I dunno

If u ever want to skype just send me a message here and I'll give u my skype details and we can have a chat about iboga
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#27 lammas2

• 137 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

Oh shit ....I think there needs to be an iboga forum where ppl can share there experiences etc, not many ppl are aware of the potential dangers of iboga and what can go wrong...

http://eboka.info/index.php

#28 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Thnx I'm already in this forum but they don't have a section that shows all the risks associated with iboga use. It only says risk of heart failure, seizure or death. But there are many many others that should be added

#29 tritium

• 384 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

Do u sometimes feel pressure building up in ur head? I've been feeling that a lot lately, it's like something is being produced too much and it's taking over or something I dunno

I haven't felt the pressure thing, but I seem to have a lot of the other feelings you describe in the original post. I think people need to realize that it was taken therapeutically to cure an addiction for me. It was researched as much as possible with the information available and not taken recreationally just for fun. It’s kind of irritating when people tell me that it is the dissociation which is therapeutic and it will eventually go away. However, this is understandable, since they haven’t fully experienced the feeling and I appreciate any suggestions.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Missjess

• Topic Starter
  • 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

Why wud ppl tell u that dissociation is therapeutic? That's horseshit...I've been living with dissociation as a disorder for 7 years and it is extremely hard to live and function with....now I have a chemically induced dissociation on top of this and it is much worse and feels unatural so yes this needs to be reversed or fixed somehow.

I don't know if u have ever been to Eboka forum? But if u day something bad about iboga they all shun it and spin some shit like,"mayb u didn't respect the spirit of iboga" etc ...ppl need to remember it's a drug aswell and it doesn't always have a spiritual side to it. I mean I never encountered papa iboga and I have used iboga a few times in smaller doses.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iboga, ibogaine, kor, kappa, nmda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users