* * * * - 2 votes

FASORACETAM

fasoracetam adhd racetam ns-105 lam-105 nsn

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

#31 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

So I received my fasoracetam today and just put 10mg under the tongue. I definitely feel something about 10 seconds afterwords, I will update you guys in an hour after I can better quantify and describe the effects.

Good to see you on here ScienceGuy, I thought you had given up on Longecity given the recent drama.

On a side note, the powder has a unique rose-colored tint to it. I have never seen a powder with that color before, it doesn't smell like organic solvents, and I trust NSN on their purity for this. I just thought it was an interesting looking powder.

The taste on a scale of 1-10(pramiracetam) would be about a 7, I would rate coluracetam a 6. So its definetly not the most pleasant tasting compound, but its manageable at least at 10mg sublingually. 

• like x 2

#32 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

I'm happy to report that faso had some very noticeable nootropic effects.

I have to say I did not expect much form this compound given the research and the fact that the effective dose was supposed to be somewhere around 100mg orally. I have had great results with 10mg sublingual dose.

So what were the effects? I'll outline them by time:

2:17pm--10mg of faso consumed sublingually

2:25pm--Hot feeling on my forehead, similar to a niacin flush type feeling.

2:31pm--Empty fog-like feeling in the head, I am trying to write the log for this compound but I keep making typographic mistakes (like places on the page where the title, date, time should go); I cannot organize my thoughts

2:35pm--Now I seem to have good verbal fluency, I am able to easily write on the page what I want to say

2:50pm--Experiencing greatly increased motivation, no real increase in cognitive performance (mental rotations, working memory, perceptual speed), but the motivation is really helping get things done

3:28pm--I am still experiencing a great deal of motivation even as I type this post right now, I am not experiencing any fatigue what's so ever and am ready for the challenges of the day

In summary, I have to say that even though I did not expect much from this compound I am very impressed. I have been somewhat apathetic lately, and this faso was exactly what I needed. Nerfiracetam is noted in literature to have a similar effect on apathy, but it didn't work very well for me, but faso did.

I will try a larger dose later, but I have a feeling that I will actually end up settling on a smaller dose since I experienced some brain fog in the beginning after I took 10mg.

• like x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:08 PM

On the subject of sublingual administration: I have never, ever, felt anything from taking any nootropic substance sublingually*. I have a vague notion that this might be due to over-acidic spit that deactivates the compounds before they can cross the mucus membrane barrier (I got this idea from fact that alkaloids in coca leaves cannot properly be absorbed when chewing without mixing them with sodium bicarbonate, but really I have no real idea). Any pointers as to why I seem immune to sublingual uptake?

Have you tried buffering the compound with some baking soda, as is done with Coca leaves? Mixing it in with some baking soda and then taking it sublingually would keep over-acidic spit at bay for long enough to be absorbed, and would mitigate the taste, somewhat. It's worth a shot, I guess.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#34 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:34 PM

@Telight: Very interesting review! =) Keep up the good work, and let us know what your future experiences are like. The motivational aspect sounds very exciting to me, since I have ADHD-PI, and that is the MAIN issue I have: getting motivated enough to follow through on projects.

Stims, give me awful side-effects, one of which is suicidal thoughts, and terrible heart-racing. ( which is odd, since I actually have LOW blood-pressure, not high.) Another is severe muscle-cramps. All of these side-effects happen once I go past about 3 days on stims, so I can't really work on on longer projects on that crap. ( admittedly, I have only tried methylphenidate SR - Concerta... )

So if Fasoracetam works in not just providing focus, but motivation as well, then that would be lovely, and I could finally stop having to be WIRED when I want to work. =)

What the hell is the GMR1-8 gene?

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic, as you disapprove of my way of writing? That's ok, in this instance, since I wasn't entirely clear when I wrote my first post in this thread.

Even though I reckon' you know what I meant, I'll write it out for others that may find my old post confusing:

The Metabotropic Glutamate Network, is a specific section of receptors in the brain that respond to L-Glutamate, which is of course an immensely important neuro-transmitter, and a non-essential amino acid.

There are several variants of the GMR, or mGlu-receptors, including up to at least 8 of them. ( Yes, I don't know exactly how many there are.)

The genetic information needed for our bodies to construct Metabotropic Glutamate -receptors are encoded within genes ID-ed ( named, if you like...) as HomoloGene37354 IUPHAR: mGlu5 ChEMBL: 3227 GeneCards: GRM Gene's.

I'm guessing you don't like it when I use the simplest name for these genes, and the receptors they build... GRM.

I'm not sure why... but I suppose that's ok - there are several names for this network, their receptors, and the genes involved in their formation in our bodies.

Hope that clears it up for everybody else.

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 21 May 2014 - 01:41 PM.

• like x 2

#35 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

Stinkor, stims burn me out too. I think the suicidal thought is a side effect of basically running out of dopamine, without reward pathways life is very very meaningless, almost everything we think that is meaningful in life basically has no real meaning, its all some sort of manifestation of our survival instincts and emotional centers. The heart racing thing is a side effect of your catecholamines (how is that spelt) being disbalanced, heart pressure is not always related to heart rate, otherwise rockstars would have died from cocaine long ago.

The only way to reverse that is deep sleep, such as benzos, high dose valerian root, fast acting melatonin forms, or injecting something like propofol (of course DON'T DO THIS).

When we are in that dopamine deprived state after 3 days of stim use, you have to put yourself to sleep somehow or you will start doing stupid things. Less harsh solutions than ritalin or adderall are generally preferable. I tend to reserve stims till I am desperate:

No come downs:

Rhodiola and Ginkgo together is good. You can also try this free app called Focus at Will which uses some research that can help ADHD by playing beats, classical music and so on. If you can take it Niacin is also good if you can handle the flush at 100mg and above, nicotine gum is a good last ditch solution if you use it one or twice. I really recommend raw cocoa too the organic packs that come in raw bits, again flushing though. Coffee also works for about 3 days, tolerance develops fast, so my strategy is just to switch things around. 

Not really sure if there is enough research on Fasoracetam, looking forward to hearing more about it.

And I just realised you never asked for my opinion, I just assumed you were stuck on ritalin. sorry lol.

@Telight: Very interesting review! =) Keep up the good work, and let us know what your future experiences are like. The motivational aspect sounds very exciting to me, since I have ADHD-PI, and that is the MAIN issue I have: getting motivated enough to follow through on projects.

Stims, give me awful side-effects, one of which is suicidal thoughts, and terrible heart-racing. ( which is odd, since I actually have LOW blood-pressure, not high.) Another is severe muscle-cramps. All of these side-effects happen once I go past about 3 days on stims, so I can't really work on on longer projects on that crap. ( admittedly, I have only tried methylphenidate SR - Concerta... )

So if Fasoracetam works in not just providing focus, but motivation as well, then that would be lovely, and I could finally stop having to be WIRED when I want to work. =)

I'm guessing you're being sarcastic, as you disapprove of my way of writing? That's ok, in this instance, since I wasn't entirely clear when I wrote my first post in this thread.

Even though I reckon' you know what I meant, I'll write it out for others that may find my old post confusing:

The Metabotropic Glutamate Network, is a specific section of receptors in the brain that respond to L-Glutamate, which is of course an immensely important neuro-transmitter, and a non-essential amino acid.

There are several variants of the GMR, or mGlu-receptors, including up to at least 8 of them. ( Yes, I don't know exactly how many there are.)

The genetic information needed for our bodies to construct Metabotropic Glutamate -receptors are encoded within genes ID-ed ( named, if you like...) as HomoloGene37354 IUPHAR: mGlu5 ChEMBL: 3227 GeneCards: GRM Gene's.

I'm guessing you don't like it when I use the simplest name for these genes, and the receptors they build... GRM.

I'm not sure why... but I suppose that's ok - there are several names for this network, their receptors, and the genes involved in their formation in our bodies.

#36 8bitmore

• 347 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:59 PM

On the subject of sublingual administration: I have never, ever, felt anything from taking any nootropic substance sublingually*. I have a vague notion that this might be due to over-acidic spit that deactivates the compounds before they can cross the mucus membrane barrier (I got this idea from fact that alkaloids in coca leaves cannot properly be absorbed when chewing without mixing them with sodium bicarbonate, but really I have no real idea). Any pointers as to why I seem immune to sublingual uptake?

Have you tried buffering the compound with some baking soda, as is done with Coca leaves? Mixing it in with some baking soda and then taking it sublingually would keep over-acidic spit at bay for long enough to be absorbed, and would mitigate the taste, somewhat. It's worth a shot, I guess.

Thanks for encouraging a bit of free style testing - its what we do around here ;) - all the same: no difference for me, tried 12mg Coluracetam together with 50mg sodium bicarb. with no effect observed. Was worth a shot though!

#37 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Cheers for the advice, mate. =) And that's ok giving advice, because you obviously just want to help, and I've done that myself - we just want people to feel better, yeah?

Anyways... I'm a bit bummed out right now... feel pretty empty and angry - because I visited the ADHD-doc ( finally! 3 months after my original scheduled time...) and he did not perscribe me Intuniv or Modafinil, but Ritalin, and we all know what Ritalin does to someone with ADD...

That's right. Anxiety.

Anyways, I think I'm going to do something drastic here, I'm going to buy me some Fasoracetam, and start trying it out. I just can't go on with these DIRTY stims - they're litterally killing me.

Stinkor, stims burn me out too. I think the suicidal thought is a side effect of basically running out of dopamine, without reward pathways life is very very meaningless, almost everything we think that is meaningful in life basically has no real meaning, its all some sort of manifestation of our survival instincts and emotional centers. The heart racing thing is a side effect of your catecholamines (how is that spelt) being disbalanced, heart pressure is not always related to heart rate, otherwise rockstars would have died from cocaine long ago.

The only way to reverse that is deep sleep, such as benzos, high dose valerian root, fast acting melatonin forms, or injecting something like propofol (of course DON'T DO THIS).

When we are in that dopamine deprived state after 3 days of stim use, you have to put yourself to sleep somehow or you will start doing stupid things. Less harsh solutions than ritalin or adderall are generally preferable. I tend to reserve stims till I am desperate:

No come downs:

Rhodiola and Ginkgo together is good. You can also try this free app called Focus at Will which uses some research that can help ADHD by playing beats, classical music and so on. If you can take it Niacin is also good if you can handle the flush at 100mg and above, nicotine gum is a good last ditch solution if you use it one or twice. I really recommend raw cocoa too the organic packs that come in raw bits, again flushing though. Coffee also works for about 3 days, tolerance develops fast, so my strategy is just to switch things around. 

Not really sure if there is enough research on Fasoracetam, looking forward to hearing more about it.

And I just realised you never asked for my opinion, I just assumed you were stuck on ritalin. sorry lol.

• like x 3
  • dislike x 1
  • Agree x 1

#38 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Keep us informed!

#39 MangekyōPeter

• 171 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:45 PM

I'm also in the same hard-stimulant hating, potential unfulfilling boat as Stinkorninjor, and already ordered Faso a week ago, will keep you guys informed how it performs. Please keep 'em fingers crossed for this being the SO-MUCH-SOUGHT-AFTER-BANDAGE people. :D

Should have Fasoracetam within my clawy hands either tomorrow or monday.

Edited by MangekyōPeter, 22 May 2014 - 03:46 PM.

• like x 1

#40 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, man! =) Man this is way cool... will be sweet to see what kind of results everybody gets. Seems rather promising, from this first test.

• like x 1

#41 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Yeah some dude posts a new made up chem Fasorabullshit and the guy few posts down has a link to where you can conveniently cheaply buy it, heh, yeah let me just buy some baking soda and throw it in my drink down the hatch... Idiot
  • dislike x 18
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Unfriendly x 2
  • like x 1

#42 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

Well 1thoughtMaze1,

Many people here are desperately trying to find something so that they can just feel normal and continue to be as productive as possible in society. So who the heck are you to judge them?

Oh, and they aren't made up. They are actual chemicals.

• like x 4

#43 1thoughtMaze1

• 335 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

Well 1thoughtMaze1,

Many people here are desperately trying to find something so that they can just feel normal and continue to be as productive as possible in society. So who the heck are you to judge them?

Yeah keep searching for suckers Stinkorninjor, you won't find them here.
  • dislike x 10
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • like x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#44 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

Let's all just calm down before the situation escalates any further... I don't play no shenanigans! Ya' feel me!?! I never been about that, never, never been about playin' no shenanigans.

Well 1thoughtMaze1,

• like x 2

#45 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 05:02 PM

Well 1thoughtMaze1,

Uh... that wasn't me. Searchingforanswers is some other guy. Dunno' why you quoted that, as if you thought I posted it.

Well, I didn't.

And I agree with Phoenicis, this thread is about the chemical Fasoracetam. If you or anyone else wants to discuss about the process of trying new chemicals, and what dealers to trust, etc, then I suggest you post a new thread.

In fact, such a thread would probably be a good idea, since it could be very useful - "medication skepticism thread" or something like that.

I suggest you post that, and then I might see ya' over there.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#46 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Its about time I update you guys, I have been very busy over the past week, but I have also been testing various doses of faso and exploring its effects.

Having tried nearly all the racetams (piracetam, aniracetam, phenylpiracetam, nerfiracetam, pramiracetam, oxiracetam, coluracetam) I can say that while most of the above did not work very well for me, fasoracetam did.

The positive effects I experience from faso are:

-Diminished apathy (greatly diminished at that)

-Clarity of mind

-Reduction of anxiety

-No stimulant "pushiness"

-Little to no tolerance

There are some side effects by they are very mild and transient:

-Small fogginess about 10 minutes of consumption

-Mild flushing (again similar to niacin flush)

Having taken it for about a week, I also notice some kind of long term pro-cognitive effect. I have been very productive, and successful academically this week, even when I took a day break I still felt very much above baseline especially in the motivation department.

This effect is not extremely large but it is significant, and I can't say I have experienced anything like it with other racetams. Other racetams tend to lead me to burnout after taking them for a long time without a break, not so with faso.

In terms of effect size, I would still have to say that phenylpiracetam produces that strongest nootropic effect which I have been able to quantify objectively, the problem with phenylpiracetam is that tolerance sets in extremely quickly and I need to wait at least 3 days in between doses which is not very practical when one needs good cognitive function consistently. Fasoracetam is more practical in this respect as it can provide more consistent enhancement.

As for dosage, I have taken 100mg orally, and it just seems to be smoother and longer lasting, nothing incredible compared to 10-20mg sublingually. At the current price I would have to recommend the sublingual dosage, though I must admit I haven't tested the 100mg oral as consistently as I would like mainly due to cost constraints right now.

I am actually surprised that there have been no other experiences with this racetam, I definitely think it at least warrants a try.

Edited by telight, 29 May 2014 - 03:31 PM.

• like x 10
  • Informative x 1

#47 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:32 PM

where did you order it from?

#48 telight

• 173 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

where did you order it from?

New Star Nootropics

#49 Sciencyst

• Topic Starter
  • 272 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as upset or sarcastic. I genuinely was asking what it is and am not disapproving of your way of writing. I tried looked up GMR and found nothing. I guess it's GRM not GMR so I couldn't find anything and thought it was made up.. I assumed it was a mglur gene but thank you greatly for explaining.

Also I am the exact same way you are with ADHD-PI where normal ADHD stimulants give me awful side effects.

Edited by katuskoti, 29 May 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#50 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:05 AM

Well, I purchased Sunifiram and that was an impulse buy. I'll never do that again and I have yet to try it due to a few members here having some pretty significant adverse effects. The "did" occur when they combined it with a stimulant. I happen to enjoy my coffee so I just took it as a loss. Then, I purchased some Coluracetam because some people were saying it helped with dysphoric mood and anxiety. I'm not sure if I used it during a period where we had a couple significant life stressors (i.e an death in our social circle and other issues) but I took it at the suggested dose after an allergy test - and it significantly increased my anxiety levels.. It was just too much for me. Next day I tried a lower dose..same effects. Damn. At baseline, I'm not an anxious person but do find I can respond a little inappropriately to surprise changes or stress - manifested mostly as increased angst or worry coupled with a crappy mood. Nutrition and exercise are solid daily things for me. I guess I better get to the question: Does anyone whose tried fasoracetam find it anxiogenic? Are their any pro-social properties to it or perhaps, enhancement of mood? 

Of course I have to take any responses with a grain of salt since these anecdotal reports that surface about novel compounds can't be generalized to the overall population of nootropic users. Even when a few people reported adverse events with Sunifiram, I though it likely that I wouldn't get the same or similar effects, but I still decided to play it safe. If there's anyone in Canada that wants to try a sealed (I think 5gram) little bottle of it, you can have it as I'm not going to try it. 

• like x 1

#51 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

I'm def interested in giving this product a try soley for the upregulation of Gaba B as I've been hooked on a pretty low dose Phenibut for a good while now... I've felt like I could jump off some days but then the anxiety and skin crawling hits and I dose 800mgs and its gone for the day so this could help quite a bit in getting off Phen. Hopefully it doesn't bring back the magic of Phen then I could get re addicted to it in the bad way which I'm def not looking for.

It did seem strange that someone mentioned this and New Star had it but obviously it had already been in the works and somebody probably requested and as New Star seems to do well supplys which in my mind makes them the Number 1 Nootropic Vendor, with quality and new items. Unfortunalety to this day the only ones that arn't a waste of money for me are Piracetam, Phenylpiracetam and Adrafinil. The rest just didn't have it.

#52 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:35 PM

I need to try some, perhaps when the price drops a bit. I've been variously diagnosed with atypical depression w/panic disorder, MDD, ADD, pretty much everything but bipolar.

I don't know if you all have gold plated insurance, but whenever I've gone to see PDocs they pretty much give me 1/2 hour if I'm lucky, prescribe a drug, give me a quick quack diagnosis and say come back soon.

#53 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:13 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to come off as upset or sarcastic. I genuinely was asking what it is and am not disapproving of your way of writing. I tried looked up GMR and found nothing. I guess it's GRM not GMR so I couldn't find anything and thought it was made up.. I assumed it was a mglur gene but thank you greatly for explaining.

Also I am the exact same way you are with ADHD-PI where normal ADHD stimulants give me awful side effects.

Haha, yeah I think I might actually have done a bit of an ADD-related miss-spelling there.

Interesting that it seems to be fairly common with adverse reactions to stimulants when you're ADD btw? Most online that I talk to, seems to have a harder time with stims, than the hyper-active variation.

I just had a seriously adverse reaction to a stimulant just today, actually... Ritalin ( had concerta before, but started reacting negatively, so naturally they prescribe me ritalin instead! Yay...). It's started making me very aggressive, prone to outbursts. I think it might be that I'm very sensitive to the Norepinephrine-based actions of methylphenidate... Probably might be a problem for you as well.

That's why a combo of an alpha-2 like Intuniv and a novel agent like Modafinil might be the sh*t. We only have slight PFC-dysfunction, but MASSIVE mesolimbic dysfunction.

Or... this stuff. (faso')

It might work the best if you have co-morbid problems tho' - like Dysgraphia, DCD or Dyscalculia.

Dr. Hakonarson, which is the primary scientist doing research on Faso for ADHD, got the idea from the higher prevalence of GRM copy-number errors, in children with ADHD, than children without.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22138692

HOWever...! o_x Another study, found that it's only a sub-set of ADHD-sufferers that have these GRM-errors, and it appears to be the ones that have another disorder as well. Primarily low IQ... IMHO, theoretically, these guys have even lower glutamate than you and me, and that's what's causing their low IQ - their brains aren't getting enough energy, to really do any substantial thinking.

http://bjp.rcpsych.o.../199/5/398.full

http://www.plosgenet...al.pgen.1002334

Some of us with ADHD, seem to have an excess of Glutamate instead! I suspect that this subset are the ones that have comorbid ASD however - as the symptoms of excessive glutamate are similar to the ones of ASD, actually... Memantine is probably the "shiznit" for these people, as it antagonizes glutamate, but increases Dopamine. Pretty neat stuff.

I have co-morbid problems - dcd, dyscalcula and dysgraphia. I may be one of the sub-sets that would benefit from Faso, so hence my interest. It's not a sure-fire thing tho'... the biggest group that would benefit, are the ones with ID - intellectual disability, and this is a problem I definitely don't have.

Most likely, I'm in the group with high Glutamate, much like nearly everyone else on this site, it would seem! High IQ -129, and a lot of allergies. Which makes sense, since Glutamate and histamine are connected - high glutamate leads to high histamine, and vice versa.

I know a guy with lots of co-morbid problems as well, and he has ID, but one thing he doesn't have, which I do - is allergies. He is allergy-free.

This med' might change his entire life, if he ever gets it - higher iq, corrected ADHD-problems. You name it. He'd be a NEW MAN! o__0

I need to try some, perhaps when the price drops a bit. I've been variously diagnosed with atypical depression w/panic disorder, MDD, ADD, pretty much everything but bipolar.

I don't know if you all have gold plated insurance, but whenever I've gone to see PDocs they pretty much give me 1/2 hour if I'm lucky, prescribe a drug, give me a quick quack diagnosis and say come back soon.

I think what you're noticing might not always be good insurance, but rather that some of us are outside of the US, and as such, have governmentally subsidized health-care, including meds'.

Obama-care isn't such a bad thing - we've had it for decades, and according to the U.N, we're doing much better than the U.S. Didn't crash our economy ONE BIT. Instead, we gained what we lost, with healthy people, being able to be productive, instead of sick, and improductive.

• like x 2
  • dislike x 2

#54 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Sorry for my lack of update on doing a test run on this compound. As of yet, I have not. I typically wait until I'm doing something productive (e.g., learning, reading) where I can at least try to gauge what effect the nootropic may be having on me. I never take nootropics, let alone stack, whenever I am doing things that are not enjoyable, such a typical day at work or a day off being lethargic.

Next week I will have free time and intend to trail both NSI-189 and fasoracetam (separate, at least at first), and will detail and post any noticed effects in their respective threads.

#55 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

No one else has tried this. I figured there would be at least a few reports. I suppose given the limited research some people may be scared.

#56 typ3z3r0

• 93 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

I think probably quite a few people are waiting for NootropicsDepot or Ceretropic to release it at a cheaper price. At first MisterYouAreSoDumb/Paul, co-owner of Ceretropic, stated that NSN were gouging their customers, however he spoke to NSN and wrote that "they explained that they had to do a custom synth to bring it out first. So the bulk prices I am getting now are because they got the ball rolling. They had to spend a lot more on their synth." Source

Edited by typ3z3r0, 03 June 2014 - 05:19 AM.

#57 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

Its expensive according to the dosing studies but it was found by Telight to still be active at lower doses so even maybe experimenting lower doses such as 20 and 30. All in all there seemed to be excitement so just assumed a few more reports at least. I'll probably buy a half gram to a gram to try at first to see if its even worth it. I don't know how long it takes for the upregulation of Gaba B. If it was just after one dose more B receptors were found or after multiple. I'll have to look into the studies more. But if you've tried it please report because I'm dying to know.

#58 OpaqueMind

• 471 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Messing with glut and other NT ratios is like a weird version of russian roulette;6 chambers, 2 bullets, 1 synergizes with your neurochemistry and the other fucks it up. I get this sense from the huge variety of reactions to various nootropics that mess with NT ratios, that it's really just a guessing game and often has negative long-term consequences. Our NT ratios are tuned in certain ways for a reason, to maintain cerebral homeostasis. Messing with this delicate dynamic is a dangerous game - it can be fruitful, and it can be damaging. Even when fruitful, there are significant limitations because of how interconnected the entire brain is. Tuning a single system up or down can throw the whole system out of whack, or might just happen to bring it into a better balance if you have some kind of deficiency or overactivity. It's like randomly messing with a music equalizer... depending on what settings you started with and the effects on each frequency channel of the substance in question, you may or may not arrive with a positive result. I'm just saying this because there seems to be unwarranted hype each time someone finds a nootropic which works very well for them, and when concerning those which alter NT ratios in some sense, this is rarely applicable to the population at large, or even a majority of that population.

That's not to say this whole endeavour of cognitive enhancement is futile, only that the chemical approach has inherent limitations, dangers, and is essentially a game of chance. A more holistic approach which works with, not against, the bodies natural processes is the most sustainable and profitable route. I'm think here of things like LLLT, prebiotics, endogenous nutrients like uridine, or chemicals which act in ways which simulate natural factors, like cerebrolysin. Also, I've had incredibly amazing results with Neurofeedback, and continue to do so. Because you're literally building new neural systems within the brain, you're using it's own intrinsic abilities to bolster itself. In this way it doesn't 'fight back', as is the case with tolerance or long-term imbalances, so the intrinsic limitations which generally occur with chemical interventions are not present. Which is to say that you can build a new brain rather than simply tweak the one you have. The brain is not an isolated system, and treating it as such (ie focusing on neurotransmitters) will only get you so far. The truly astounding potential of the human brain is much better optimised on the macroscale, at the level of neural assemblies and their complex interconnections. For example, intelligence has been demonstrated to correlate with the degree to which neural networks are patterned as small-world networks, which is, fractally nested networks of evenly distributed neural clusters which allows optimal information propagation throughout the network (see this abstract). The reorganisation of cortical networks into these patterns can be induced with a ground-breaking neurofeedback approach called Theta-Alpha-Gamma synchrony training (see thread here). I've written a bit about my experience there, butif you're interested subscribe to it and stay tuned - there will be several reports coming in the next few months, both from myself and others - I, as I go deeper into this process, and others as they get started with it.

I write this here only because this game of perpetually chasing the next experimental and untested noot which comes out, hoping it'll be the one which fixes everything and turns us into superman, is deeply apparent here. I mean, this chemical is completely untested in humans, and for reasons I partially outlined above, these kinds of things have limited efficacy, even in the eventuality that they have some use for us. I've seen this happen time and again with new noots coming out; a massive wave of optimism which dies down fairly quickly. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that these kinds of nootropics are universally ineffective, only that they often do not work, are inherently limited even in the event that they do, and may have completely unknown risks associated with their short-term and long-term use.

• like x 7
  • WellResearched x 1
  • dislike x 1

#59 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

Its expensive according to the dosing studies but it was found by Telight to still be active at lower doses so even maybe experimenting lower doses such as 20 and 30. All in all there seemed to be excitement so just assumed a few more reports at least. I'll probably buy a half gram to a gram to try at first to see if its even worth it. I don't know how long it takes for the upregulation of Gaba B. If it was just after one dose more B receptors were found or after multiple. I'll have to look into the studies more. But if you've tried it please report because I'm dying to know.

NMDA antagonists prevent tolerance to any substance except phenibut and GBL, this possibly is a breaktrough for tolerance and withdrawal problems togheter with amisulpiride for GHB, wich upregulates the GHB receptor.

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 formergenius

• 708 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

Is 14C-NS-105 the metabolite, or the prodrug to Fasoracetam? I'm thinking the latter, but I see no definitive writings confirming it yet.

Edited by formergenius, 03 June 2014 - 03:44 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fasoracetam, adhd, racetam, ns-105, lam-105, nsn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users