• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Is ANYONE getting effects from Piracetam?

piracetam

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 stolpioni

• 114 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:06 PM

I started with Piracetam today. Have taken 2.4g. I don't think I feel anything. If I do, it's extremely subtle.

When checking the forums here it seems like nobody else is getting effects from Piracetam either.

Is it worth continuing for a couple of days or what do you think?

I have ordered some Coluracetam (from recommendations by Jeoshua). Hopefully that'll work better.

#2 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

You're lucky, I get brain fog, tiredness and irritabilty but don't worry those side effect will pop soon or later

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 sv3ngali

• 29 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

I take 4.8g a day split over morning and afternoon (2.4g). The only positive effect I've noticed is crystal clear vision, which happened after 2 weeks of taking it. You're being impatient expecting results after the first day. Find your optimal dose and make sure you supplement with a choline source. There are plenty of threads on here of piracetam users talking about their experiences. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

#4 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 04:20 PM

Piracetam is known as being the most subtle of the racetams. It has measurable effects on memory at higher doses, and brightens vision for most, and additionally is dirt cheap. There are only a few nootropics that are cheaper on a price per dose basis, those being Noopept and Sunifiram (off the top of my head).

A lot of people are non-responders to Piracetam, however, and many people prefer one of the stronger analogues.

#5 Strelok

• 370 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Piracetam was mostly ineffective for me, regardless of dose.  The only effect I got was enhanced visual contrast.  Nothing appreciable cognition-wise, and I was in school at the time studying various subjects.

Pramiracetam did provide me with enhanced focus for the short duration I took it, but it significantly dulled my already introverted personality.  I'm also not convinced it's entirely safe to take, especially regularly or in any of the higher doses (e.g. 500mg) that I see people experimenting with.  This is the only racetam I've taken that has actually helped me study, essentially allowing me to study for a longer duration before my brain gets fatigued. 

Oxiracetam provided essentially no effect for me, regardless of dose.  There were times I thought I might be experiencing the speedy/stimulant effect of oxi, but it was so subtle that it could have just been placebo or something else. 

I have some aniracetam that I am going to start taking within the next week, but I am not getting my hopes up.  After I finish the aniracetam, I don't plan on buying any more racetams. 

Noopept did provide me with a noticable but mild anxiolytic effect, but did nothing appreciable for my cognition.

#6 stolpioni

• Topic Starter
  • 114 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

I think I actually get the enhanced vision effect as well. I took a dose of 4.8g when I woke up earlier today, no choline.

I don't know about cheap...I paid $65 plus shipping for a box (100 pieces) of 1200mg pills. So basically $2,6 per dose.

I'm guessing I've been overpaying.

#7 Jeoshua

• 662 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

By cheap I mean the bulk powder, vs other bulk powders that one can get from the same dealer. Using that as a metric, Piracetam ends up as one of the cheapest per effective dose, and Coluracetam at the absolute highest.

Pre-made pills are almost always more expensive then they ought to be, supposedly for the time and effort spent capping them, but actually just basically more expensive, period.

#8 ModaMinds

• 83 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:39 AM

To experience the full effects of piracetam, it does sometimes take up to a week or so. I would keep using it, as it's not always something you'll notice the results of immediately.

#9 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:42 AM

Piracetam is my favorite nootropic. 

For me to even notice it I have to take at least 4-5g, and almost always combined with Fish Oil for a lovely synergistic effect. I strongly suggest combining with fish oil for anyone who has not experienced much from piracetam. Ideally, combine with an equal dose of fish oil. Fish oil seems to negate most of the negative side effects of piracetam, in my experience. I have even taken up to 40g of Piracetam with 40g of Fish Oil for a near psychedelic-esque experience that had positive lingering effects for up to 1 week. The only real negative I have ever experienced with piracetam is that it gives my mind a lot of energy and it can result it difficulty sleeping, resulting in me feeling like sleep-deprived the following day.

#10 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

You are really lucky Siro!

#11 stolpioni

• Topic Starter
  • 114 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:16 PM

I'm actually getting some pretty tremendous effects now myself.

Had to stop because of the insane headache and overstimulation I got a couple of days ago.

I take doses of 4.8g each. 

I will probably start again in a few weeks, with Choline this time.

#12 Absent

• 492 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:43 AM

Had to stop because of the insane headache and overstimulation I got a couple of days ago.

I've personally always found choline to really kill the piracetam experience. It just negates it completely for me. Fish Oil on the other hand will synergize it upwards while also providing the body with a source of choline.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 stolpioni

• Topic Starter
  • 114 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

I've personally always found choline to really kill the piracetam experience. It just negates it completely for me. Fish Oil on the other hand will synergize it upwards while also providing the body with a source of choline.

Ok. How much fish oil do you take with it? 1:1 ratio? Never headaches or brain fog/overstimulation with it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users