• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

I am based in Hong Kong, with a trading office in China - Is there anything I can do to help with the group buys?

groupbuy

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hi all,

Its about time I came out...I mean lol - yeah I've been on the group buys as a participant, got my NSI gave it away and

I don't think the PRL one ever happened, even though I paid money, not quite sure what happened to that one.

I am vaguely aware of the people involved in organising the group buys, but it just struck me since I have a trading office in China (for completely another business) and I can go up there anytime from Hong Kong (as a Hong Kong resident I don't need a visa) - doesn't it make sense for me to help out with verifying and getting in touch with the suppliers/synthesizers?

I would be quite interested in streamlining this system, its kind of messy at the moment. I certainly think I have the means to do it.

If I did what chemicals would you guys be interested in to be synthesized? 

• like x 6

#2 YOLF

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

I didn't realize so many group buys were going wrong.

• dislike x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Iporuru

• 216 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:16 PM

Definitely nicotinamide riboside. There are many of us willing to participate in the group buy, but it somehow got stuck because we can't find a reliable supplier:

http://www.longecity...side-group-buy/

• like x 1

#4 NG_F

• 142 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:19 AM

I didn't realize so many group buys were going wrong.

LMAO.....funniest post ever  if you were being sarcastic !  :laugh:  :laugh:

#5 PWAIN

• 1,288 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:20 AM

Major Legend, I second on the Nicotinamide Riboside and would add SkQ1. A regular supply of NSI-189 would also be nice.

#6 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:08 AM

help us to identify legitimate chinese suppliers, and be our guy/gal (?) in china to make a "legitimate business transaction" with these companies which may otherwise dupe overseas fools (even when they are legitimate)

#7 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:44 AM

I would love to have a source for tandospirone, which seems to be regulated to Japan and China.

• like x 1

#8 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:33 PM

help us to identify legitimate chinese suppliers, and be our guy/gal (?) in china to make a "legitimate business transaction" with these companies which may otherwise dupe overseas fools (even when they are legitimate)

China is a complicated place, its probably not that simple - more like a process combination of both elimination and micromanagement to get results.

#9 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

I would also like to see the bulk group buy of Nicotinamide Riboside make more progress.  And progress at this point is finding a reputable supplier that has product.

Edited by nbourbaki, 24 April 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#10 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Yes, let me clarify the China situation, suppliers on Alibaba are often middle people that work for the company mentioned, this company may exist or may completely not exist, usually the middle people work for a large amount of many many different actual manufacturers, that's the only way they can make enough of a living, because the commission is extremely high vs their basic salary.

^ This is why they often do not seem to know what they are talking about, or their behaviour seems rather inconsistent, or why the products would vary from batch to batch. To be fair this usually isn't a problem when it comes to most "normal orders", its just with niche markets its possible the product offered doesn't even exist, also as you can tell there is considerably space for them to add additional cost, but the cost isn't big enough to put you off buying from them usually.

I am currently going to verify a few Nicotinamide Riboside suppliers...and see if I get anywhere with it.

Edited by Major Legend, 24 April 2014 - 05:16 PM.

• like x 1

#11 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 April 2014 - 05:23 PM

Excellent.....thanks for making the effort on this :)

#12 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

I am currently going to verify a few Nicotinamide Riboside suppliers...and see if I get anywhere with it.

Many thanks for the help.  We've got a lot of members that very interested buyers without product to buy.

#13 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:26 AM

Edit

Edited by Flex, 25 April 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#14 nbourbaki

• 106 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

My number one priority is getting the group buy for Nicotinamide Riboside going with a reliable supplier delivering high quality product significantly cheaper than Niagen.  But to echo PWAIN, I'd also like the find the same for SkQ1.  I'm a little surprised there isn't more interest here for SkQ1, but I'm interested.

• like x 1

#15 Reformed-Redan

• 2,200 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

I would love to have a source for tandospirone, which seems to be regulated to Japan and China.

Second this. 

#16 dijital

• 26 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:30 PM

I think there would be a lot of interest in a novel anxiolytic like Phenylethylidenehydrazine or another candidate from the "group buy for novel anxiolytic" research topic. 

#17 celebes

• 226 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:24 PM

Third.

#18 Ampamet

• Validating/Suspended
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:12 PM

If you could help in getting metadoxine sythesized, preferably even compounded for extended release, that would be awesome. I've tried to contact suppliers on alibaba but none want to reply to me.

#19 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:18 PM

Third.

tandospirone - got that on my list. It sounds very interesting. Will get started next week, also working out how the logistics of it all to streamline it somewhat for the group buy users.

I'm guessing we need a third party verification of samples/product - I have some contacts in Hong Kong for assay and purity tests, but they may be restricted to USP chemicals. I'm not sure if they can do analysis on chemicals that are not broadly documented as medicine yet, will follow up on that too.

Any suggestions on this? I'm guessing western chemical analysis would be very very pricey - especially if its a certificate of analysis (which covers a huge magnitude of different tests)

#20 1kgcoffee

• 737 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

Thankyou for the offer, Legend. I would also be down some nicotinamide riboside, and if anyone else is interested, epitalon.

• like x 1

#21 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

labour day and national holiday in China at the moment, everything is down to a halt. I am very interested in nicotinamide riboside too, but its getting confusing according to the other thread. In the meantime I'll try to get hold of Tandospirone, it shouldn't be as hard to verify as well as its not as novel as nicotinamide riboside. 

#22 jCole

• 211 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:41 PM

Appreciate you offering to assist with group buys.

I'll also toss in my hat/desire for Nicotinamide Riboside

#23 midas

• 417 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

I am very interested in nicotinamide riboside too, but its getting confusing according to the other thread.

I totally agree.....All we need is a supplier of NR that is reliable and selling the genuine product. There is no need for you to have to worry about the manufacturing process using this yeast and that chemical. I am pretty sure those people in the chemical industry that manufacture such things already know what they are doing. I really don't see why someone fells you need to have process of manufacture knowledge on this, it just complicates things for you.

So if you could concentrate on just finding the supplier that does the job properly we will all be happy..

Thanks again for taking the time on this.

#24 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:21 PM

I will be watching this thread. It would be nice to have a source for hard to find items. Nothing illegal of course, but some things are hard to get. It would have to be something that is not bulky, I would think importing pounds of piracetam would draw a lot of scrutiny. Non scheduled drugs can be hard to find or hard to find at the right price.

#25 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:45 AM

just posted this thread about ebay scams

http://www.longecity...e-reagent-shop/

Also in China you can easily pay people to give you loads of fake feedback on Ebay like thousands, so make sure you read the negative feedback first, in this case I should have known better. This seller even hides itself as Japanese, and his website is set up in the United States so looks legitimate, so no one can guess where he actually is.

I really hate people who are out to make a quick buck by scamming, they are a dime a dozen.

#26 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:42 AM

How do they give fake feedback? With small purchases? A thousand small purchases will cost money just in ebay and paypig fees, more if they do a shipping label. Plus something for the person helping. Watching the size of the orders might be one way to spot a scammer.

#27 scibor1

• 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 06:51 AM

alpha7nr:

evp-6124

gts-21/dmxb-a

azd0328

tropisetron

jdtc-21 or other kor antagonists

7,8-dihydroxyflavone

my dream- agn-2979 -inhibitor hydroksylaze tryptophane

Edited by scibor1, 03 May 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#28 LexLux

• 265 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

Any updates?

#29 Major Legend

• Topic Starter
  • 741 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

Slowly, I am a little ambitious here. I am relatively inexperienced in chemical suppliers. This is taking a lot longer than I expected, plus I am working on a few other projects, but I am onto it. This is one of those things where I simply need to reach a tipping point.

Ironically it is the group buy mechanism that I am very unfamiliar with, as I have no idea how to quote a price for you guys when I don't even know the purity of the product, reliability of the suppliers. So I wanna sort all that out first, so I can offer you guys a solution eventually. I would really appreciate it if somebody with group buy organisation experience comes forward to me and have a sit down in cyberspace.

^ It's times like these I wish I was enhanced in someway beyond a normal human.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 LexLux

• 265 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

what do you think about these guys for NR? http://www.chemicalb...B3501487_EN.htm

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: groupbuy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users