Photo

Aloha Medicinals

cordyceps organic usda i kilo 100.00 bux

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ron45

• 207 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:26 PM

I came across Aloha medicinals yesterday and the claims on the site made me hit the contact button and take issue with them. The owner of the company was nice enough to write me back with enough information to change my mind. Cordyceps grows above 14k feet therefore in a low oxygen  area. His company really is the largest supplier of cordyceps and many other mushroom products. They are growing it here in an environment that matches the himalayas. So to all the components. The difference is laid out succinctly in the attachment. i have no financial connection to this company but I will be buying their products from now on. They are involved in research and reanimation of bacterial antibiotic strains, cloned from particles in coal deposits that our bugs have never been exposed to. But here the pdf is just about cordyceps.

Attached File  CS_Spec_Sheet.pdf   882.36KB   7 downloads

Ron

• Disagree x 1

#2 ron45

• Topic Starter
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Soooooo, what is it? My first reaction was BS also. But these claims are backed up by independent testing and certification sources. Or, is it you think cordyceps in general is bogus? I have some coming but it's not the kind of product whose effects one should notice quickly. I'll report back when I know something more.

Ron

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:17 PM

Coyrdceps sinensis fruiting bodies are impossible to cultivate. They are growing mycelium on grain. 

• Agree x 1

#4 ron45

• Topic Starter
  • 207 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:24 AM

What matters is the USDA certification of the contents of the product not some dead caterpiller carcass. That source is being raped in to oblivion in it's native habitat.  Go to the site and check out the creds.

Ron

• Ill informed x 4

#5 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:41 PM

What matters is the USDA certification of the contents of the product not some dead caterpiller carcass. That source is being raped in to oblivion in it's native habitat.  Go to the site and check out the creds.

Ron

I think you fail to grasp my point. It isn't mushroom. It's mycelium on grain. Cordyceps sinensis is an easy one to prove this because it cannot be cultivated. 

USDA Organic is irrelevant. 

• Agree x 3

#6 ron45

• Topic Starter
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:02 AM

There does seem to be a failure to grasp here, where it is, and what is relevant is yet to be determined. You seem to be hung up on labels i.e. mushroom, if mushroom contains compound A 2.4 in X amount and refurbished dog shit contains A 2.4 but in higher amounts AND helps to diminish the rape of the species for profit..... are you telling us you favor rape for profit? Does it make you feel cooler to diminish mycillium on dog shit so mushroom and species genocide can make you feel special and a little extra cool?

I have nothing further to say on this subject.

• dislike x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#7 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2016 - 05:24 PM

Soooooo, what is it? My first reaction was BS also. But these claims are backed up by independent testing and certification sources. Or, is it you think cordyceps in general is bogus? I have some coming but it's not the kind of product whose effects one should notice quickly. I'll report back when I know something more.

Ron

Aloha are not selling extracts, just ground-up powder, but their COA's are without exception showing the specs of an extracted version of their products. They do not guarantee a single active ingredient on the labels of their products. Why?

Aloha's quality claims are not backed up by independent testing. They issue COA's that everybody can produce with access to Wordpad.

Independent third parties such as NAMMEX have retested their Cordyceps and found it to be very low in beta-glucans and very high in starch - a typical result for non-extracted mycelium grown on grain (the undigested grain ends up in the final product). You can contact NAMMEX for details if you want to verify this.

In their homemade COA they are also writing things such as 'modified Megazyme method' as the assay used for their beta-glucan testing.

Megazyme (an Irish lab selling test-kits) has recently forbidden them to use their name any longer, because Aloha's 'testing' makes no sense as the results are unlike what one would get when using the Megazyme method, which has a good rep worldwide.

The only independent COA's they show for some of their products are issued by Atlas Bioscience, a known 'dry-lab' (not actually testing the samples, just ratifying them, which is a dangerous and fraudulent MO). See this article, complete with undercover footage of this lab's owner. Does not help to improve Aloha's credibility, at least IMO.  

Their Cordyceps is of a different strain than the one used in the scientific literature. Almost all research so far was done with Cordyceps CS-4, a Chinese mycelium product grown in bioreactors, not on grains. AFAIK it is not produced outside of China. There are ZERO test results for Aloha's Cordyceps, despite their claims of quality and superior raw materials.

I would never buy Aloha's products for all the reasons listed above (summarizing: it is not the well-known and established CS-4, it is not extracted (=low bioavailability) and does not guarantee a single active ingredient on their labels. Furthermore Aloha appears to use deceiving and manipulative marketing methods).

But if it works for you, great!

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#8 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:01 PM

what is to grow mycelium in bioreactors? better question, what the hell is bioreactors??

#9 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 01 February 2016 - 04:41 PM

what is to grow mycelium in bioreactors? better question, what the hell is bioreactors??

where did you hear about bioreactors?

#10 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2016 - 08:16 PM

scroll just above my post what vlad said; Their Cordyceps is of a different strain than the one used in the scientific literature. Almost all research so far was done with Cordyceps CS-4, a Chinese mycelium product grown in bioreactors, not on grains. AFAIK it is not produced outside of China. There are ZERO test results for Aloha's Cordyceps, despite their claims of quality and superior raw materials.

i guess i had to ask him specifically sorry for confusion

#11 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 February 2016 - 10:44 PM

[...]better question, what the hell is bioreactors??

A bioreactor is in this case basically a stainless steel container filled with liquid substrate in which mycelium is cultivated. This way of cultivation is used in China mostly AFAIK, it's also known as 'deep layer cultivation'.  

The advantage is that the final product is 100% mycelium complete with the extra-cellular polysaccharides the mycelia are excreting in the substrate in order to grow and develop - these are also bioactive.  On top of that there's no residue of grains / rice / oats (as with the solid substrates common in the US) - the final product is very pure.

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Bioreactor 

• Good Point x 1

#12 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 February 2016 - 11:25 PM

hmm that seems complicated and pricey to be done by anyone but a big corporation. thanks for the information!

#13 mrak1979

• 232 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:31 AM

Then what is a quality trustworthy cordyceps product as an alternative to aloha's product? I'm looking for a good product to use.

#14 Real Mushrooms

• 101 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

Then what is a quality trustworthy cordyceps product as an alternative to aloha's product? I'm looking for a good product to use.

You can try ours. We just got new stock in. PM me for a discount code.

You can read more about Cordyceps and how it relates to commercial supplements on our Facebook post: https://www.facebook...0607565/?type=3

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#15 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:26 AM

This is a good guideline when shopping for mushroom supplements

Real Mushrooms, why do you focus on the fruiting body with your Cordyceps product ? Fruiting bodies are not preferred in TCM and the majority of research was based on CS-4 (deep layer cultivated mycelium). Traditionally the smaller the fruiting body and the larger the "worm", the higher the price of the Cordyceps.

I quote from this website (highly recommended) "In general the quality and thus the value of caterpillar fungus is determined by the size of the larva. Further criteria include having a saturated yellowish-brown tone and being firm. Specimens harvested too late in the season are of lesser quality because they spend all their resources on sporulation and the larva becomes hollow and collapses." 

One does usually not choose Cordyceps for the beta-glucans but for adenosine, cordycepin, cordycepic acid and other nucleosides, which are present in the mycelium mostly

Edited by Vlad, 11 February 2016 - 09:39 AM.

• WellResearched x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cordyceps, organic usda, i kilo 100.00 bux

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users