• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Under a LOT of stress! Need help with energy, focus, and mood boost.

stress mood energy focus noopept phenibut anxiety sleep racetams supplements

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 BStooks

• 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

I would so much appreciate some help with my very worn out body. I am so young and used to be healthy but I just had a physical and my body has gone from very healthy to stressed out and in a rapid health decline in just 2 years. I essentially feel worn out all the time, but here is a little background..

I have suffered from ADD since I was a child. I am 27 years old now and am still so ADD to the point where it really affects the quality of my life. I have been on either adderall or vyvanse for many years. I stopped taking adderall in college and started taking vyvanse and it changed my life for the better. 

Like I said, I am under an extreme amount of stress. I got married at 25 and my husband got sick overnight a few short months after. Basically I took him to the doctor with a headache and within 6 hours he was in brain surgery where they found a Stage IV glioblastoma Multiforme tumor. My life was forever changed. If you don't know anything about this tumor just google it and you will see how destructive this type of cancer is. One of the hardest to kill because it has thousands of tentacles and multiplies exponentially, growing all up, in, and around the rest of the brain. I believe the longest (past their diagnosis) anyone has ever lived is 5 years. The average lifespan post diagnosis is 6 months. They gave my husband 4 months. This was 2 years ago. Also his Mother AND my uncle died from this same exact tumor- both several months after their diagnosis. I tell you this because it adds to the emotional distress and our anger towards this awful dance.r 

Since that awful day on April 22, 2012, he has undergone 3 brain surgeries. We actually just finished a trial at Duke where they injected the Polio virus into his tumor. This was insanely hard to get into and he is only the 11th person to do it. It is very risky. however, this was really his only shot at life. his tumor had relapsed a 4th time and they had just given him a few weeks to live. Then we did the trial. That was a month ago. 

We don't know if it's working but I have a feeling it is because his symptoms have changed. Anyway, the amount of stress that comes with this is truly so large that I could never even comprehend this kind of grief, emotional roller coaster, and just havoc that it can reek on a family- from physical to emotional and financial to romantic havoc. Just think about every sinlge aspect of your life being torn apart. 

Now I hate to be a debbie downer. I will say that we feel TRULY blessed that he is alive and we are so grateful for this trial. I just want to let you know what my life is like so that you might understand what my body has gone through. I have always been in shape and over the last 2 years I have lost a lot of muscle. I do not eat well although I am trying to get on a better diet. I went through a very tumultuous period (even for this situation) where so many doctors had put me on so many different types of drugs and I didn't even know what it was like to really feel. I do not and will not take any benzodiazepines anymore. I don't really drink anymore and I am just trying to be healthy.

So, I've read up on supplements and racetams and have just recently tried to put together some stacks especially after I tried noopept (the first few times I tried it I took it right) and phenibut. I had a great first few experiences with them.

Anyway, I am looking to have:

-more energy (physical and mental)

-more focus

-reduce stress

*not sure if there is anything to reduce cortisol or its affects on body but I have read that there are things out there

-mental prowess

I had to quit my job 2 years ago and I am currently trying to get back in the workforce. I am very intelligent and creative but I feel like my brain has been through so much and has not been exercised properly due to not working.

-I want a healthy brain (or do whatever I can to protect it)

-boost mood

* suffer from depression but I am an overall easy going person. However, due to my husband's condition, sometimes it is like living with an angry monster. He gets very mad at me for small (often irrational) things and I have turned into this person who is scared and has no self esteem. I literally have ALWAYS had a very healthy self esteem, been driven, motivated, and a people person but I do not feel that way now. I am hoping some of this will change when I start working again because Lord knows it is so unhealthy for me being in our house day in and day out. We had to sell my car so I can rarely leave the house.

-Motivation (I know these are all things that come from within but if there is anything that helps I would love to know)

Okay so I know this was very long. I would appreciate anyone's help. Below is a list of what I currently have at my house and have been experimenting with (not all at once or together):

-noopept

-phenibut

-phenylpiracetam (haven't had any luck with this)

-phenylethylamine (has worked a few times with hordenine for motivation and focus)

-True Focus

-NAC

-Choline Bitrate

-CPD Choline

I also take magnesium, fish oil, vitamin C, selenium, resveratrol, B-2, Alpha Lipoic Acid

I just ordered a few more: 

Picamilon 
Mucuna Pruriens Extract 98% L-DOPA 
Ashwagandha Extract Bulk Powder (2.5% Withanolides) 
Sulbutiamine Bulk Powder
Vinpocetine Supplement 10%
Griffonia Seed Extract (5-HTP) 
Acetyl L-Carnitine Powder (ALCAR) 

Thank you in advance to anyone that helps and thank you so much to everyone who has already helped. 

Edited by BStooks, 02 June 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#2 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:22 PM

just to add on to that (as if y'all wanted more info from me!) I would also like to find something that can help with anxiety and sleep. I have found no success with L-Tryptophan. However, i have only taken it a few times. Perhaps it needs to build up?  and L-Theanine works okay but I find I build up a tolerance to it VERY fast. I can basically only take it twice and then it doesn't work unless I wait a week or two.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:12 PM

NSI-189, should be available online July 1, or 7,8 dhf. I have been seeing in other threads that these are going to be at tht.co

#4 Mr.No

• 50 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

pregnenolone  50mg daily

#5 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

NSI-189, should be available online July 1, or 7,8 dhf. I have been seeing in other threads that these are going to be at tht.co

I'm not sure that I understand your post. what is th.co and NSI-189?

pregnenolone  50mg daily

JUST that? what is this? I have never heard of it. 

#6 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

Pregnenolone is the grand pappy of steroid hormones. The dose seems to vary wildly though. 25 - 500 mg, low doses are supposed to be anxiolytic and high ones anxiogenic.

NSI-189 is a potent anti depressant anti anxiety anti PHD etc that makes the part of your brain that stress (hippocampus) shrinks grow again. There's a lot about it on this site. 7,8 dhf is a natural plant compound that mimics BDNF, which also has potent stress and mood protective properties. There isn't as much info here. High doses seem to lower blood pressure a lot.
Oh and tht.co is a new retailer, I have not used them, but initial reports are good.

#7 YOLF

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

The invite you sent didn't come with a link or topic to search for. I'm guessing this is the one you wanted me to see. 

If it's stress you're under due to the apprehension of loss. I might try some oxytocin (unless you're pregnant). It's the same thing women use during delivery, but is also human bonding hormone (or thought to be). It's great at relieving stress and in fact, when you are under stress, esp. for long periods of time certain areas can stop producing it. It stimulates neural growth factors though and will be secreted through your skin and received by those you are in close contact with. It's metabolites also stimulate additional release. 

There are other anti-anxiety drugs that are supposed to work very well which are talked about on this forum, but I don't have any experience with them.  In any case, I think anxiety is mediating your other symptoms.

I strongly suggest you and your husband consider cryonics. Here's my blog post on the cost and options. It will not only give you peace of mind in knowing that your husband won't truly be dead, but it's knowing that you did everything you could. 

#8 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

I have never heard of either. What are cryonics?

#9 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:20 AM

Oh, I forgot vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). It's pretty good for adrenal support.

Cryonics is freezing. I think the minimum cost is around $30k but I don't know for sure. Oxytocin is available as nasal spray, it's a social bonding hormone that may help mitigate the stress response.

Edited by StevesPetRat, 03 June 2014 - 04:20 AM.

#10 lorreann

• 20 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

It almost sounds like you might be obsessively focusing on the supplements/Nootropics as a diversion from the harsh realities you are facing right now. I hope you can find a support group or counselors to help you talk out some of these emotions. You are so young to be going through this, but your body will recover. All the Nootropics in the world aren't going to substitute for good news with your husband. And if you lose him you will need a support network to get you through it. Your lack of focus may be very normal considering everything.

#11 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

support group or counselors

+1000 to this. Social isolation is the biggest threat to health. No joke. You might feel guilty taking time away from your husband but you will be doing both of you a favor.
  • like x 2

#12 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

Do not take NSI-189, pregnenolone, and half the other crap in this thread.  Eat a healthy/complete diet and go running every day.

• like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#13 BStooks

• Topic Starter
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

thank you everyone for the advice

• like x 1

#14 YOLF

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:54 PM

I have never heard of either. What are cryonics?

Oh, I forgot vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid). It's pretty good for adrenal support.

Cryonics is freezing. I think the minimum cost is around $30k but I don't know for sure. Oxytocin is available as nasal spray, it's a social bonding hormone that may help mitigate the stress response.

Cryonics is actually vitrification (something that is vitrified becomes glass like rather than ice like, it's freezing without without all the damage). The low entry point is $12k for KrioRus in Moscow. In the US, the low entry point is $14k. The best preservation money can buy is $80k at Alcor and the price can be as high as $376k. $30k is most cost efficient whole body preservation. In my opinion, most cryonics patients will live again. Some who weren't preserved in time may be more difficult, but the last person with your husband's disease got a top notch preservation with ideal circumstances (Kim Suozzi was preserved with Alcor).

The idea behind cryonics, is that medical science is always advancing. So cryonics patients are frozen until future technologies will allow them to be thawed, cured, and returned to a sustainable youth-like health as we expect this will be the most efficient and altruist means of indefinite life. With each cryopreservation, a small portion of the money is invested and that portion will be used when the investment matures and when the technology and medicine are available to cure the patient as described above.

Here are some Kim Suozzi Videos:

Edited by cryonicsculture, 03 June 2014 - 08:54 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 YOLF

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

More Kim (At Alcors 40th annual conference):

Arron Winborn is another such recipient of cryonics (He has ALS). He and his family are actually the last group to complete a cryonics fundraiser and he's still living at present.

https://www.youtube....koPq3Fk1fcmC5eQ

William O'Rights and others have all died young and received cryonics and there are around 200 patients currently being stored and over 2000 and growing in total globally. The transition to vitrification and recent insect derived anti-freeze protein discoveries are sure to make cryonics virtually damage free in the near future (as soon as we get the process worked out).

Cryonics is LIFO, which in warehouse terms means Last In First Out. The cryopreservation process improves over time and the newest patients will always be in better condition than the older patients. So if you follow him, you will likely be recoverable before he is. Though you can also specify that you'd like to wait for your loved ones.

Here's the latest on cryonics. The University of Pittsburgh will be using a short term cryonics procedure to save gunshot victims.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stress, mood, energy, focus, noopept, phenibut, anxiety, sleep, racetams, supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users