• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Do NSI-189 activate the BDNF/trkB pathway?

nsi-189 bdnf trkb 78-dihydroxyflav 78-dhf

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ezeon

• 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:37 PM

Do NSI-189 activate the BDNF/trkB pathway? (I've tried finding information on this without success)

It's known that:

NSI-189 increases hippocampal volume and has an anti-depressive effect.

and

BDNF also controls hippocampal volume[1] and has an anti-depressive effect.

The question is whether NSI-189 works through the same or a different pathway than BDNF? If the pathway is the same then NSI-189 and 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone should have a similar effect and possible 'feel' similar as well. Anyone holding any information on this? Feedback from someone who has been able to try and compared both substances would also be of great help.

[1]http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20392958

#2 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Neuralstem doesn't speak publicly about the mechanism of action of NSI-189.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Ezeon

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

Neuralstem doesn't speak publicly about the mechanism of action of NSI-189.

I'm aware of that. But wouldn't they to do that in the future to approve the drug with FDA, EMA etc.? It would also be interesting to see when independent research institutions can and will start doing research in NSI-189.

#4 focus83

• 216 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

I doubt it's imperative to know the precise MOA when applying for approval by the FDA. There are many drugs on the market which have been proven to be safe and effective, yet their MOA is still largely unknown.

However, your question was whether someone knows something about NSI-189's MOA already now. I'm afraid noone will be able to help you here. This is a well kept secret.

Edited by focus83, 29 June 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#5 Ezeon

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:09 PM

I doubt it's imperative to know the precise MOA when applying for approval by the FDA. There are many drugs on the market which have been proven to be safe and effective, yet their MOA is still largely unknown.

However, your question was whether someone knows something about NSI-189's MOA already now. I'm afraid noone will be able to help you here. This is a well kept secret.

Would be interesting to order a receptor screening assay panel, but I fear it might be expensive. I might try to get quote on it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 explr9

• 20 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:06 PM

I've tried both. They do not feel at all the same to me. 7,8-Dihydroxyflavone has little "feel" to it, but seems to reduce sense of fear/anxiety. NSI-189 has a strong feeling component- sedating, puts me in a reflective state, etc.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189, bdnf, trkb, 78-dihydroxyflav, 78-dhf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users