Please help me formulate a supplement regime

nzt-48 motivation ciltep focus energy add

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Klive85

• 2 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

Hi Guys,

I need some help. I suffer from two very acute problems, the first is lack of motivation. I just can't be bothered doing anything. Most of my time is spent in bed, sleeping or trying to sleep the day away. I am being treated for depression with Mirtazepine and Lexapro. I feel this helps a little, mood wise, but I still cannot seem to make myself get out of bed and do something, anything... 

The second problem is chronic anhedonia. This is where things I used to enjoy, no longer enthrall me. They may keep me occupied for a few minutes but then I get fidgety, bored and my mind wanders all over the place. The result is a chronic lack of attention. 

I have not been diagnosed with adult ADD but I do seem to fit most of the criteria. Note that I make the distinction between ADHD as I don't really suffer from hyper-activity - in fact it's more the opposite.

I suffer extreme boredom and things that 'normal' people enjoy doing just seem like mundane chores for me.

I am trying to find a supplement solution. To help you help me here's the requirements of what I am after:

Availability: Must be able to be shipped to Australia

Budget: Maximum $500/month. (Preferably under $100 a week) (AUD)

Goals of Regime, in order of importance:

1. Motivation

2. Mood

3. Focus

4. Energy

5. Memory

I'm not sure if I should tailor make a nootropic blend (racetams/vitamins etc) or go for a stack. I am quite interested in the idea of the CILTeP regime, but I am a smoker and I have read nicotine interacts badly with this. Could anyone clarify?

I have to cut this post a little short as I have some errands to run but maybe someone can at least point me in the right direction. I am open to answering any questions you may have of me as well.

Thanks for reading, Thanks even more for replying, and have a great day.

Namaste,

Klive

#2 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:30 AM

I recommend a good quality Rhodiola. You may not consciously feel anything from it, usually, but at the end of the day you look back and realise you have got on with things. To help myself get out of bed for work and get into functioning mode quickly, I have a small cup of cold black coffee on the bedside table, which I drink just after hearing the alarm clock.

(The cold coffee does not taste nice, but you will have to do one or more stoic and uncomfortable things to get your show on the road; for example, throwing your bedclothes off, putting the alarm clock in a different room (you don't use an alarm clock? well, there's another thing to add--and why not two?), leaving the windows open all night, or keeping your bed cold, etc., etc.)

Edited by Gerrans, 05 August 2014 - 08:54 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nzt-48, motivation, ciltep, focus, energy, add

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users