- - - - -

some nice results and a side effect

fish oil astaxanthin pregnenolone collagen retinal detachmen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nickdino

• 162 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

I ordered a few things from vitacost to try out.
Nordic fish oil with vit d
Dmso 99.9%
Neocell collagen 1&3
Source naturals optimsm
Astaxanthin 2mg
Pregnenolone 25mg
Natureways hydraplenish
Nutricology micronized lipid matrix pregnenolone 100mg
Jarrow phosphomega

I havent tried all of them, only dmsp topically mixed with pure argan oil or water or coconut oil, which may have some benefits but not like wow. And orally i've done the collagen powder in my morning tea (white tea), followed by breakfast with one fish oil and one astaxanthin softgel and about 25 mg of nutricology pregnenolone.

I do think i had some placebo effect when i tried 6mg of astaxanthin only, the first day. Lots of energy all trough but mentally uncomfortable, higher body temperature.

But my skin, man, its doing really good. People are commenting i look better, my skin feels softer and more oily. Some relief in my joints too, it feels easier to open and close my hands. I think its the collagen but i need to find that out by doing each supplement a week or so solo.

However there is one side effect im worried about, namely i get twitches. Its mostly on the upper part of my left cheek,and sometimes the lower part of my left cheek. Occasionally in other parts over my body too but not very repetitive like my left cheek. Could it be because i have a retinal detachment in my left eye (which will be operated in 2 days)?

Also does anyone here have any tips on what i should do with my eye, i mean i've had quite a few disappointments with healthcare, they dont care as much as i do. What is the best treatment in existence for my condition?

Edited by nickdino, 03 September 2014 - 09:43 AM.

#2 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:58 PM

I think the only supplement associated with possibly positive effects in retinal detachement at this moment is resveratrol. If you search pubmed you'll find a surprising number of papers on the topic.
Anecdotically I can tell you first hand that some ophthalmologists in Germany advise their patients to try it in addition to conventional therapy.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fish oil, astaxanthin, pregnenolone, collagen, retinal detachmen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users