Noopept self-experiment: no clear benefits

noopept experiment blind

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 gwern

• 77 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 12:19 AM

http://www.gwern.net...owup-experiment

Following up on a pilot study, I ran a well-powered blind randomized self-experiment between September 2013 and August 2014 using doses of 12-60mg Noopept & pairs of 3-day blocks to investigate the impact of Noopept on self-ratings of daily functioning in addition to my existing supplementation regimen involving small-to-moderate doses of piracetam. A linear regression, which included other concurrent experiments as covariates & used multiple imputation for missing data, indicates a small benefit to the lower dose levels and harm from the highest 60mg dose level, but no dose nor Noopept as a whole was statistically-significant. It seems Noopept’s effects are too subtle to easily notice if they exist, but if one uses it, one should probably avoid 60mg+.

• like x 1

#2 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Hey Gwern! This is one of the most well documented self trials I've seen on Noopept. I will list it as a resource on my Noopept article here. However, I'm still trying to wrap my head around your data and conclusions.

I feel like we could have a really interesting conversation about Noopept. Would it be possible for me to do a 15-20 minute skype interview with you? Which I'll publish on my popular YouTube channel?

• dislike x 3
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gwern

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

I don't use Skype.
  • like x 3
  • dislike x 1

#4 Nneeoo

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

Guys, before taking noopept let's try to count short term memory chunks.
In dual n back my best result was 10 chunks(I objectively can all to reproduce(Capacity:sound and position)).
Now i take the second curse of noopept 20mg daily and my short term memory chunks count increased to 15, but not capacity.

#5 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

Confused.

What you are actually saying is that you are playing dual-10-back or dual-15-back?

A chunk according to how I understand it, is the same as 'a group', referring to how one might sort data within memory, for example:

could be 'chunked' into

12 45 68 80 97 98 0

(7 chunks of 2+2+2+2+2+1)

1245 6880 97980

(3 chunks of 4+4+5)

Your usage must be different?

#6 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:56 PM

I don't use Skype.

Google Plus? Or via phone? Let me know if you are comfortable appearing on Youtube... I think your data deserves all the visibility it can get and I'd love to discuss it on my popular Youtube channel. Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Galaxy Surfer

• 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:51 PM

I prefer to use Phenylpiracetam a few times a week.

• Off-Topic x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: noopept, experiment, blind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users