Photo

bloodwork suggestions? ALZ, RA, Inflammation

pre-alzheimer rheumatoid arthritis cholecystectomy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:29 AM

I am looking for constructive suggestions for bloodwork for a family member, whom I believe is in the early stages of Alzheimers due to uncontrolled inflammation.

Symptoms:

The individual had their gallbladder removed 10 years ago and got zero dietary advice, after the procedure.  They have ate a normal diet with no changes.  The individual is currently complaining of arthritis (weak, painful bones) all over their body.  The individual takes a couple ibuprofen daily to mitigate the pain.

I believe what is actually happening is low/medium grade inflammation that is manifesting in arthritis.  More seriously, it is also beginning to show in early stage Alzheimer's.  The person is abnormally forgetful, not remembering where they are in a conversation, etc.

I've circled the following tests.  Please suggest others.  I'm not sure if there is a better way to evaluate cytokines/inflammation or if anyone has thoughts on this. 

- Fat Soluble Vitamins (A, D, E, K)

- Lipid Panel

- CBC, Liver

- Vitamin D

- Homocysteine

- CRP

- TNFa

- IL-1B

- IL-6

- IL-8

Thanks in advance for any input.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

Perhaps something that looks at redox status?  There was a paper posted here recently involving the treatment of mild cognitive impairment with micronutrient supplementation, exercise, sleep, and probably some other things, to good effect.  You need to get the arthritic symptoms under control in order to fully implement something like that.  That will require a diagnosis.  Is a rheumatologist involved?

Click HERE to rent this GENETICS advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pre-alzheimer, rheumatoid arthritis, cholecystectomy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users