• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

- - - - -

Would D-serine affect cortisol levels the same way phosphatidylserine does?

l-serine stress adrenals hpa testosterone phospholipids myelin soy hormones adrenaline

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Lurker

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:14 AM

Are the cortisol-lowering effects from phosphatidylserine due to its eventual breakdown into D-serine from L-serine or is the phosphatidylserine molecule responsible on its own? I can't seem to find info on this. Or another way to put this question is, would agonizing the NMDA receptor at the glycine site lower cortisol? Any help is appreciated.

#2 Guest_Funiture2_*

• Topic Starter
  • Lurker

Posted 23 June 2015 - 02:56 AM

I did find this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11282259

"As prolactin and cortisol liberation is in part influenced through NMDA-receptors we investigated whether the elevation of prolactin or cortisol plasma levels is a class effect of NMDA-antagonists and might be an appropriate marker for studying NMDA-antagonistic potency."

"Ketamine increased serum prolactin and cortisol levels (p < 0.001), whereas memantine and placebo did not affect hormone levels."

If Ketamine, an NMDA antagonist can increase cortisol, then D-serine, an agonist of NMDA, should decrease it? Tell me if my thoughts on this are wrong.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: l-serine, stress, adrenals, hpa, testosterone, phospholipids, myelin, soy, hormones, adrenaline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users