• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Building a perfect Modifinil stack

modifinil modifinil cocktail modifinil stack modifinil interactions modifinil noopept modifinil piracetam

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Zakariah

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

In this thread i'm going to be sharing my experience with Modafinil - the way it effects me and the way I am effected by a cocktail that contains Modifinil.

Before starting this compound, I had been suffering from chronic fatigue for about 3 years. The fatigue would stop my motivation in it's tracks and all of the goals I wanted to achieve would be left on the back-burner.

For the past year and a half i've been on a cocktail that contains:

Piracetam - Noopept - Alpha GPC - Schizandrol A  : These were all to increase my energy - focus - and brain communication

Tongkat Ali : Boost my testosterone in order to increase my energy

Since taking these compounds, I have most certainly gained an incredible amount of brain power - more focus, easier to conceptualize, easier to memorize, ect. BUT I still lacked the energy that I wanted, I would always be fighting myself to partake in activities because I was too tired.

Modafinil enters the picture

I have been taking Modafinil for the past three days. As soon as I started on Modafinil, I dropped my cocktail because I wasn't sure how I'd react since I had the impression that Modafinil is a strong drug - and it was foreign to me w/ limited information available online.

The past three days I have been more energetic, more alert, more ready to act, then I have been within a long time!

So now I know, Modafinil is what I was seeking to increase my energy!

What other compounds play nice with modafinil?

The next question - what this thread is going to be about - what compounds work well with Modifinil, I am going to be building up a cocktail from scratch, based off of my reactions to the different interactions.

My morning routine:

7 AM

100mg Modafinil

300mg Siberian Ginseng 

I take this 25 minutes before the gym (right when I wake up w/ a small breakfast) and I've got to say, this combo has me racing through the gym - it makes me feel full of energy.  - The only downside to this combo is that I feel my heart race a little too much.. I'm thinking of lowering the Siberian Ginseng to 250mg to see if that would be the best dose.

Today and yesterday, I have been taking 10mg noopept right after the gym session (about 2 hours after, @ 9AM). So far, I have only felt positive impact from the noopept. The noopept definitely takes the edge off (I don't feel any anxiety about anything, I am focused on the task at hand w/o being afraid of any negative outcomes).

Today, I took 1100mg piracetam at 3PM and i feel like it lowered my energy. Maybe i'm dehydrated at the moment, but it being 4 (an hour after taking the dose) I have lost some of my energy.

I'll keep ya posted!

• Agree x 1

#2 Zakariah

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

Review on the past 5 days with 100mg Modafinil:

It definitely gives me more energy and it decreases my appetite, as well, it also potentiates the nootropics.

The different nootropic combo's and their interactions:

Siberian Ginseng + Modafinil:

I have been taking it with Siberian Ginseng 300mg each dose and Schizandrol A extract 10-20mg each dose. When I take it with the SG, I feel a rush of energy swarm through me within 10 minutes. This energy stays with me while i'm active - if i'm doing something active, I feel it.. If I don't do anything active (don't focus on anything in particular) then I become quickly sedated.

Schizandrol A + Modafinil:

When I take Modafinil with Schizandrol A, I feel zoomed in - I have tons of focus, it feels as if I popped an Addy.

Noopept + Modafinil:

When I take Modafinil with Noopept, I feel just like I normally would on noopept, yet I have more of an energy pick-up then I would have normally had. As well, when I take the Noopept, I can clearly see the anti-anxiety affects right away. (My mind is quiet and I am going to act and say as I please because the other voice in my head that usually tells me "You're an idiot" has it's lips duck taped. 

Noopept + Schizandrol A extract + Modafinil:

I have been taking Modafinil, Noopept and Schizandrol A at the same time, and when I do this, I feel razor sharp. - Tons of energy, great focus, no anxiety.

Piracetam + Modafinil:

When I take Modafinil with Piracetam (1100mg is standard dosage for me.. Maybe I should try a lower one) - My MOOD shifts. - I become very serious. I might go as far to say, I don't enjoy the combination of the two (which is shocking to me because i've seen others list it as their favorite).

That being said, Im going to try the two again but this time with 800mg Piracetam instead.

----

Piperine + Curcumin + Modafinil:

Today I bought Turmeric 450mg dosage w/ 95% Curcuminoids and 5 mg Piperine.. I basically got it for the Piperine and I saw the Curcumin as a benefit on the side.

I decided to buy this because I read a lot about how it potentiates Modafinil and I wanted to see the effects for myself.

I just popped it about 20 minutes ago and within the past 10 minutes I have definitely felt a kick already.. I'll post the full results later.

----

Tolerance of Modafinil:

So far, I have not seen any tolerance build up of Modafinil. I have read many people saying that they have tolerance within 2 days of taking it and they can only take it 2 says out of the week in order to get the benefits..

When I take Modafinil, I feel that my baseline of energy has been raised by about 70% and that 70% is concurrent throughout the whole day, each and every day. - When I would be energetic, I'm very energetic (yet not fidgety). When I'm tired, I can feel my body is tired and I do get brain fog sometimes but it's way more bearable than normal. When i'm exhausted, I feel my body but my mind is still able to stay awake.

I think the people that say "Rapid tolerance w/ Modafinil" are looking at Modafinil as a drug that's supposed to keep them O.O looking.. It's not an amphetamine. It's much better. It gives you a continuous natural feeling energy boost. Don't expect a 15 hr lasting Redbull.. If you want that, grab some Vyvanse of Adderal. 

Another possible reason why I really enjoy the feelings of Modafinil is because I like the synchronicity it has with other nootropics and adaptogens. When I take it with nootropics/adaptogens that increase energy, my energy increases - w/ maybe some dry mouth, but I don't feel like a crackhead.

--- Again, i'll post results on 5mg Piperine + Modafinil later... I'm also going to take 10mg Noopept, 20mg Schizandrol A extract and 800mg Piracetam later too.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Zakariah

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:24 PM

Alright! I'm into my day 8 and I have definitely found great feedback with the current modafinil cocktail i'm on.

The tried and evaluated cocktail of choice!.... For now:

For the past 3 days I've been taking a stack that consists of:

100mg Modafinil <-----  ONLY ONCE DAILY, everything else taken twice

10mg Noopept

750mg Piracetam

20mg Schizandrol A extract

This stack has given me great sustained energy, sustained focus, and motivation.

The only downside is that I need to drink a lot of water to keep myself hydrated.. That is the ONLY downside... I don't have headaches, I don't feel too serious and my mood has only been uplifted (if it has changed at all).

When I tried the 5mg Piperine w/ the modafinil, I felt a rush of energy w/ a minor headache within the forehead region and it only lasted about 35 minutes.

When I took this dose, I didn't take it with anything else - it was just Modafinil (that I took @7AM and Piperine that I took at 11AM)

There's something in me that's a little scared to continuously use Piperine.. I feel like it might throw me off of the constant base-line energy that i'm always getting from my single 100mg Modafinil dose.. I also didn't like that I had a headache once I took it.. Though, I am going to try using it again. I definitely see a place for it within my arsenal - in times that I really need energy, yet, I wonder what caffeine would be like (maybe a better solution).

So for now, that is my cocktail! I take it twice a day (minus the Modafinil, I only take that 100mg once in the morning).

I still feel the Modafinil as I felt it day 1. My baseline of energy feels like it has been increased by 70%. I have energy.

Sooo.. I'm still testing out Piperine, I haven't taken Modafinil with caffeine yet - I might try it just to see what the experience is like.

• Informative x 1

#4 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 05:33 PM

Caffeine plays very well.  I like caffeine/ taurine even better-- as in a small sugar free Red Bull.

Personally, I don't really care for the caffeine/Piracetam/Mod combo-- racing thoughts...

#5 Zakariah

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:08 PM

Caffeine plays very well.  I like caffeine/ taurine even better-- as in a small sugar free Red Bull.

Personally, I don't really care for the caffeine/Piracetam/Mod combo-- racing thoughts...

I heard from others that say caffiene aids with the focus element - is that what you aim to get when you take it with Modfinil?

What's the purpose for the taurine?

And, tip taken on the caffeine mod and piracetam!

In general - even with just piracetam and noopept, caffeine effects me like 3xs more.. I can only imagine what it would do while i'm taking Modafinil.. 

That being said, how much Mod and caffeine do you take together?

#6 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:56 PM

A cup of coffee (or single espresso) with 200 mg Mod.  Keep in mind that everyone's chemistry is different and I've been taking Mod for sleep apnea and idiopathic narcolepsy for a number of years now.  I wouldn't go out and chug a venti from Starbucks.   The smallest size sugar free Red Bull is my productivity combo of choice.

I just picked up some Piperine and plan on combining that with my usual Mod dose to see if it will potentiate or help with absorption.

I've tried taking the MOD with a little baking soda and didn't feel any potentiation, though I did think the baking soda helped to potentiate Adderall (which I'm very glad not to take thanks to Mod).

#7 Zakariah

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:10 PM

A cup of coffee (or single espresso) with 200 mg Mod.  Keep in mind that everyone's chemistry is different and I've been taking Mod for sleep apnea and idiopathic narcolepsy for a number of years now.  I wouldn't go out and chug a venti from Starbucks.   The smallest size sugar free Red Bull is my productivity combo of choice.

I just picked up some Piperine and plan on combining that with my usual Mod dose to see if it will potentiate or help with absorption.

I've tried taking the MOD with a little baking soda and didn't feel any potentiation, though I did think the baking soda helped to potentiate Adderall (which I'm very glad not to take thanks to Mod).

Thanks for replying! I just started supplementing some coffee into my stack every once in a while. For me, around 60mg works for a long while, without the jitters or anything.  - When I take caffeine with my stack, (piracetam, noopept, modafinil), I feel super focused in.

Another thing, update about how you're liking the piperine! - How much have you dosed? When did you take it (in comparison to when you took the modafinil)? What did the potentiation feel like?

-------

On day 18 with taking Modafinil and experimenting to create a perfect stack:

What my usual day looks like:

5AM:

100mg Modafinil

300mg Siberian Ginseng

300mg Tongkat Ali (2% Eury)

8AM:

750mg Piracetam

10mg Noopept

20mg Schizandrol A

3PM:

750mg Piracetam

10mg Noopept

20mg Schizandrol A

*** Note: With the 3 PM dose and onward, I sometimes take piperine or caffeine.

What this stack gives me:

Energy - from Modafinill and slightly from Noopept, Piracetam, and Tongkat Ali

Focus - from Schizandrol A extract

Motivation/Anti-procrastination - Noopept

Increased brain communication (conceptualization, verbal fluidity, critical thinking) - Noopept and Piracetam

Increased lean body mass / libido / controlled aggression (for gym) / confidence - Tongkat Ali

Added benefits of Modafinil (besides energy):

• Thought analysis: In the past 2 weeks or so, I've realized that I am analyzing my thoughts more so than I have ever before.. Usually, I would think something and be all for whatever i'm thinking, but lately i've been analyzing the root of emotions that my thoughts are coming from and then deciding wether or not that thought is healthy for me or deciding it's not and changing my view.
  • Time slow: The day after I started taking this, I realized that my idea of time shifted a bit.. There has been numerous times within the past 18 days that I look at the clock and think it's much later than it actually is. - My perception of time has been skewed since I started taking Modafinil. I always feel like it's later than it actually is.
  • Thirst: Yes, I am taking nootropics (and they cause me to drink a lot) BUT with the addition of Modafinil, I NEED to drink at least 8 24fl oz bottles a day, at LEAST.. When I don't drink enough, I get smacked with dehydration and I feel like I need to sleep for the rest of the day (until I find myself some water and my energy floods back in).
  • Potentiation of nootropics: I find that noopept hits me much harder than it had before I took Modafinil. Sometimes, a 10mg dose leaves me with dry mouth.

Benefits of Piperine w/ Modafinil:

Clearly, the potentiation of Modafinil.. Now, we can say that, but what does that actually mean? - What factors of Modafinil does it potentiate?

I have taken 5mg Piperine about 6 hours into my dosage with Modafinil 4 different times. Each time I feel like my eyes lids are being peeled back. I feel this (with a good energy boost) for about 3 hours.. If I need to stay awake, I would probably take this along with some caffeine. - That would assure that I would be awake for a while. O.O <--- I'd probably look like that for 5 hours.

Benefits of Caffiene w/ Modafinil:

Caffeine is most certainly potentiated by Modafinil. They work very synergistically together! I cannot drink 1/4 the amount of caffeine I used to be able to drink w/o Modafinil because the impact it felt much greater. - I think this is first because w/ piracetam and noopept, caffeine is already potentiated, and now that I added Modafinil, it's potentiated to an even greater extent.

When I take caffeine with Modafinil I feel very focused and energetic. It would be comparable to vyvanse w/o the whole euphoric bit.

... So today is day 18. I shall write back shortly w/ any other news and respond to any questions / contributions!

• Informative x 1

#8 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:22 PM

Thanks for the information. My own observations regarding modafinil:

1. Agree about time: usually seems later. I now typically eat lunch an hour or more later than I used to.

2. I haven't noticed any changes in caffeine (from coffee) tolerance.

3. Salient perceptions: vision seems sharper and more vivid, focus increased, hunger less insistent and distracting, mood usually uplifted, occasional difficulty falling asleep even though I take modafinil early in the day.

#9 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:31 PM

Two things you should never stack with modafanil though.

• Eleuthero Extract (Siberian Ginseng, namely in high doses)
  • Yohimbine

Brain Res. 1992 Sep 25;591(2):319-26.

Role of catecholamines in the modafinil and amphetamine induced wakefulness, a comparative pharmacological study in the cat.
Abstract

Seventeen adult cats were chronically implanted with electrodes for polygraphic recordings in order to assess the role of catecholamines in the arousal effects of oral administrations of modafinil, a presumed noradrenergic agonist, and amphetamine, a well-known catecholamine-releasing agent. Whereas both modafinil (1, 2.5 and 5 mg/kg) and amphetamine (0.25, 0.5 and 1 mg/kg) caused a significant and dose-dependent increase in wakefulness and brain temperature, amphetamine, but not modafinil, elicited marked signs of behavioral excitation. Pretreatments with alpha-methyl-DL-p-tyrosine methyl ester (50 mg/kg, i.p.), an inhibitor of catecholamine synthesis, almost completely prevented the effects of amphetamine (0.25 and 1 mg/kg), but only slightly reduced the duration of the waking effect of modafinil (2.5 and 5 mg/kg). Pretreatments with phentolamine (10 mg/kg, i.p.), prazosin (1.5 mg/kg, per os) and propranolol (5 mg/kg, i.p.), an alpha-, alpha 1- and beta-receptor antagonist, respectively, attenuated significantly the arousal effect of modafinil (1 mg/kg, the same as below) but not of amphetamine (0.25 mg/kg, the same as below). Intraperitoneal injections of haloperidol (0.5 mg/kg), a dopamine-receptor antagonist, blocked significantly the arousal of amphetamine but not of modafinil. The effects of both modafinil and amphetamine were enhanced by a pretreatment with yohimbine (1 mg/kg, i.p.), an alpha 2-receptor antagonist. These results suggest that the arousal effect of modafinil does not depend on the availability of the endogenous catecholamines but results from an enhancement of alpha 1- and beta-receptor activity and that the waking and behavioral effects of amphetamine may be mainly due to an increase in dopamine release.

PMID:   1359924   [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research

Modafinil: A Review of Neurochemical Actions and Effects on Cognition

#10 Zakariah

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Two things you should never stack with modafanil though.

• Eleuthero Extract (Siberian Ginseng, namely in high doses)
  • Yohimbine

Brain Res. 1992 Sep 25;591(2):319-26.

Role of catecholamines in the modafinil and amphetamine induced wakefulness, a comparative pharmacological study in the cat.
Abstract

Seventeen adult cats were chronically implanted with electrodes for polygraphic recordings in order to assess the role of catecholamines in the arousal effects of oral administrations of modafinil, a presumed noradrenergic agonist, and amphetamine, a well-known catecholamine-releasing agent. Whereas both modafinil (1, 2.5 and 5 mg/kg) and amphetamine (0.25, 0.5 and 1 mg/kg) caused a significant and dose-dependent increase in wakefulness and brain temperature, amphetamine, but not modafinil, elicited marked signs of behavioral excitation. Pretreatments with alpha-methyl-DL-p-tyrosine methyl ester (50 mg/kg, i.p.), an inhibitor of catecholamine synthesis, almost completely prevented the effects of amphetamine (0.25 and 1 mg/kg), but only slightly reduced the duration of the waking effect of modafinil (2.5 and 5 mg/kg). Pretreatments with phentolamine (10 mg/kg, i.p.), prazosin (1.5 mg/kg, per os) and propranolol (5 mg/kg, i.p.), an alpha-, alpha 1- and beta-receptor antagonist, respectively, attenuated significantly the arousal effect of modafinil (1 mg/kg, the same as below) but not of amphetamine (0.25 mg/kg, the same as below). Intraperitoneal injections of haloperidol (0.5 mg/kg), a dopamine-receptor antagonist, blocked significantly the arousal of amphetamine but not of modafinil. The effects of both modafinil and amphetamine were enhanced by a pretreatment with yohimbine (1 mg/kg, i.p.), an alpha 2-receptor antagonist. These results suggest that the arousal effect of modafinil does not depend on the availability of the endogenous catecholamines but results from an enhancement of alpha 1- and beta-receptor activity and that the waking and behavioral effects of amphetamine may be mainly due to an increase in dopamine release.

PMID:   1359924   [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Mechanisms of modafinil: A review of current research

Modafinil: A Review of Neurochemical Actions and Effects on Cognition

Hey! Thanks for contributing :D

Why shouldn't one stack Modafinil with Siberian Ginseng? 

----

Just wanted to add, i've been taking a PM stack in order to increase my sleep quality.

30 minutes before sleep i've been taking:

3g glycine

10mg Melatonin (pretty high dose - I might slide down to 5mg)

.. As well, I also added a b-vitamin complex to my morning stack.

I've had a ton more energy without the Schizandrol A. I realize that the dopamine rush outweighs it's focus benefits. 

#11 zompy

• 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:12 PM

Good read, could you tell me why exactly you supplement modafinil? Beside that - what did you find of the damage (mostly long term)?

#12 Zakariah

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:28 PM

Hey Zompy, in regards to your questions:

Many years ago I was prescribed Vyvanse by a psychiatrist because I was diagnosed with ADHD. - Initially, I tried it from a friend and realized how much more I was thinking on it.. After 8 months or so of taking the Vyvanse, I went from a kid that had a sunny and warm disposition to a kid that lacked charisma, was enveloped with depression, and spurted out with anger... I stopped taking it because I realized I was acting much different from myself, even though my mind was working more powerful then it had ever before.

Years after that, I began supplementation with nootropics (i began around 1 1/2 + years ago and around 3 years after I first tried Vyvanse). My stack consisted of piracetam, noopept, GPC choline, and magnesium.

While on this stack, I had realized (subjectively) how much I had damaged my brain beforehand and how lucky I was to find these drugs because I was beginning to think in full function again (try like 95% from 25%).... For about 6 years of my childhood I was smoking Marijuana daily, if not 4 times a week and I dropped acid 3 times within the span of a couple months which really messed me up.. I lacked verbal fluidity, I lacked any sort of memory, barely any functioning problem solving, I was pretty much all around brain-dead. 

- With the nootropic stack (mainly piracetam and noopept), I was able to analyze the words coming out of people's mouths again, I was able to bounce words back with co-workers that were being playful, I was able to easily pick up on new concepts and understand them, I was able to memorize about 50,000X's faster than I had previously. I literally did not realize how much damage I had done to myself until I started taking these nootropics. When I look back into my log I get emotional because throughout this experience, it's been like picking back up abilities of thought that I had perviously forgot about... Essentially, without nootropics my life would be MUCH different. ( Let me say, I got off of both piracetam and noopept for about 3 months during last summer and my brain maintained about 70% of the function it gained from being on them.. Being on them is better, but now when I'm off of them I am also full-functioning.

One thing that I had still lacked at this point in time (even though I had gotten onto a healthy food regimen, and I was working out - which is an activity I had already been active in for the longest time) was energy. I would find myself sucking down a large cup of starbucks coffee to feel somewhat alive... I could have slept for as many hours as I wanted but I still felt completely exhausted.

With no avail, I gained the power of thought from nootropics but I was still lacking a substantial amount of energy....

*Ding ding ding* 

Modafinil.. I work with someone that has narcolepsy, and he was telling me about how the medicine had cured him of his ailments.

I went to a new psychiatrist, told him that I was previously on Vyvanse but it changed my personality and I just wanted a drug (namely, Modafinil) that would release me from my ADHD without making me feel like a different person.

..... It has been 96 days now that I've been on Modafinil and I feel great. Below this post, I will explain my updated stack and explain how the journey w/ Modafinil has been up to this point.

As for the damage from taking Modafinil long-term, I cannot find any research that explains any damage, though I know not to do a couple things in order to not fry my body:

1) Do not take more than 100mg a day, never increase that dosage. <-- 100mg works, the drug doesn't lead to tolerance - even if you do not feel it effecting you, you don't want to feel it, you just want it to work (wake you up!).

This rule is in place because as you take more dosages of any drug, you are susceptible to more adverse side effects.

2) Take at least 8 days off a month, 2 days off each week. - I have an aversion to taking any drug each and every day, forever.

If you stop taking it for 2 days each week (or 8 days in a month), you can more easily gauge how you feel off of it. <-- Do you feel like you still need it? Do you feel better off of it? Is it causing problems that you didn't correlate with it? (anything from a headache, to back pain, anything..)

3) Do not take the same dosages you'd normally take w/o Modafinil when you're on Modafinil.

It potentiates many other drugs for some reason or another.. For example, caffiene and siberian ginseng are much more potent on Modafinil. They all alter the body in ways that are similar to one another, so it's like taking an overdose if you take too much.

This rule means that you need to experiment with lower than normal dosages until you find the sweet spot.

4) Maintain health, do not allow yourself to "feel awake" and "feel clear-minded" and therefore, make an excuse to treat your body badly.

The way you treat your body will come out to the net results.. Some people take ADHD medicine and decide that since they don't feel like they need to eat, they won't. - This leads them to be more aggressive, obviously changes their weight, depletes them of vital vitamins, ect.,

You need to sleep an adequate amount and live a healthy life - I equate these drugs to vitamins that are just a part of my healthy regimen.

5) Keep a daily log. - Since i've been taking nootropics, I've been writing out what I take within each part of the day (at the specific time I took it), then I write out how I felt throughout that period of time, then I write out things that are either of concern or of interest. 

This is vital because: 1) it will bring all problems to the surface. 2) It will allow you to see how each thing that you're taking is effecting you. 3) It will give you a way to track how you've been dosing each drug and how each dosage effects you differently and how each drug interacts with one another (what dosages you should have when taking 2 individual drugs together vs. taking them separately) 4) It will show you any holes that you might want filled (like for me, the energy I wanted to get, after gaining the great brain boosting effects of nootropics)

All of those rules are pretty much well kept for any nootropic you take. Even when people tell you a drug effects you _____ way, and a drug isn't toxic at all.. We are all individuals, we all have different microflora in our gut and the ones we do have in similarity are varying in quantities, we have different physiological distresses, ect.,

I hope all those answers helped... More so, I hope you actually read it all :P

#13 Zakariah

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:29 PM

Day 96 on Modafinil

Well, okay, I don't take it everyday, but I started 96 days ago. If you read the last reply I made you'd know that I take (at least) 8 days off of my stack each month. - Usually that's on Saturday and Sunday. During these days, I either take nothing at all, or suck down some coffee and go bonkers.  :laugh:

Where Modafinil really shines:

Being a very focused college student, I have finally caught a glimpse of Modafinil's full capabilities. Modafinil really starts to shine bright when your body has been put through a lot of stress, mental stress and/or physical stress.

I had to pull an all-nighter two times this semester, and and certain points I was waking up at 5AM and going to sleep at 10/11PM. When I would wake up at 5, I would head over to the gym, then get started on my day.

At these points of real physical stress, Modafinil made me feel like I was ready to overcome any challenges in my way. Strangely, I guess from its mechanics, when I take Modafinil in this high stress time my mood is greatly lifted (with no come-down, just a back-to-reality), and my energy is heightened back to a state that someone would be in when they just woke up (until I laid down.. then i'd be snoring, sounding like a rhino probably.. sorry neighbors!!)

Modafinil on an average day, with 7 - 8 or so hours of sleep:

Well, it's funny.. Before taking Modafinil, I couldn't last a whole day without drinking a LARGE cup of starbucks coffee. I capitalize that to explain that I literally felt exhausted, completely wiped out, by 2PM and if I did not drink a large coffee, I would be DEAD.

Then I started taking Modafinil.. up to this point in time (96 days later, no upped dosage, no nothing) I am able to wake up at 7AM, feel fueled throughout the whole day up until 10PM when i'm at home getting ready for sleep. <-- This schedule includes strenuous weight lifting, calisthenics and running workouts).

The only time I feel a dip in energy is when my body is saying "hey buddy, yah haven't fed me enough! I NEED MOOOOOOORE!" Otherwise, I am full of pep-in-my-step, happy, energetic, and ready to go!

Okay, so what are you taking with Modafinil now? Why?

Let's begin with when and what:

First morning stack (A.K.A "Stack A"):

Usually taken at 9 or 10am, I wait a couple hours before I take my morning stack because I find it more resourceful to have the Modafinil energy highest later within the day

Modafinil 100mg

Milk Thistle

Vitamin B complex

Sole (A jar of water filled with a ton of pink himalayan salt that's absorbed into the water at room temperature for 24 hours before I begin using) - I usually take 1 tsp of this water with an 8oz cup of filtered water

Gotu Kola 600mg

Theobromine 500mg

Stack B:

Taken about 2 hours after stack A:

This point in time is usually around 12/1pm

Piracetam: 900mg

Noopept: 10mg

Stack C:

Taken about 5/6 hours after stack B

This point in time is usually around 5/6 pm

Piracetam: 900mg

Noopept: 10mg

Sometimes caffeine: 60mg

Stack D:

Taken an hour before I go to sleep        

Magnesium 400mg

Melatonin (depending)

Milk thistle

Vitamin C 1,000mg

Iron

Gotu Kola 600mg

Now I'll explain why I take these components with Modafinil:

Piracetam and noopept : Overall cognitive perfomance; Not a joke, the real duo.

Milk thistle: Liver health (just to be safe), overall health

Vitamin B: Adds to my energy

Sole: Aids in electrolyte replenishment. For the longest while I would feel pretty dehydrated, go drink some water, pee the water out, and remain dehydrated... My doctor explained to me that if you do not have a high enough level of electrolytes, your body will let go of the water because that is only further diluting your body of the limited amounts of electrolytes it has... So I went home, researched a while, whipped up some Sole, and viola, I am not dehydrated anymore, I don't need to drink as much water or pee as much as I used to... Believe it or not, dehydration leads to energy loss and confusion - if you feel dehydrated constantly, give it a try, you might be amazed!

Gotu Kola: This drug is supposed to decrease anxiety and induce calmness, heightened attention and memory, and it does! I originally bought it for my girlfriend because she deals with enormous amounts of anxiety, and I thought that I would take it with her. It has given me a more calm, less raced mentality, and it allows me to much more easily increase my "disturbance threshold". 

Theobromine: I was diagnosed with "chronic rhinitis" by an allergist that I was told to go to as a last ditch effort made from my doctor that told me I'm perfectly fine after giving me the breathing test that showed I am getting all the oxygen I need and that I don't have asthma. The allergist explained that it's something I can't do anything about, when my body is in an environment that's too moist or too cold then it will cause this feeling. - The feeling is basically like I can breath but I don't feel like I'm getting the full amount of air from each inhale

I went to a ENT (ears, nose, and throat) doctor and he told me that it's because I have an enflamed nostril (which is supposedly a common problem) and due to this, when I sleep, my mouth opens and over time that aggravates the nerves within the throat.

So I started taking theobromine in hopes that it helps, and it does a little.

Iron: I have suspected myself as being anemic for the longest time, even though my doctor always says that my blood tests are normal and everything is good.. Many people have told me to be careful with the amount of iron that I take because it's really easy to take too much... Since i've been a small dosage of iron each day, i've been waking up with a much more physically vibrant body. My body feels like there's more blood rushing through it, it feels more invigorated.

Vitamin C: Ya know the deal. I stay healthy while everyone else is getting over throwing up the past couple days. - Yeah, I do wash my hands a couple times a day, but I promise you, vitamin C really does help a LOT.

Magnesium: Helps me go to sleep @ night, keeps my heart beating on a regular beat (the average person has arrhythmia but this has greatly decreased mine). Beyond those two benefits, magnesium also keeps me in a very chill mood throughout each day, I am much less prone to getting aggressive, it greatly decreases tension (which can be stimulated by piracetam and noopept - they were the original reason why I got magnesium to begin with).

Melatonin: People say that Modafinil is Sooooo hard to fall asleep on... If you feel awake before bed-time, take melatonin, magnesium, and vitamin C and you will be sleeping like a baby.

If you want something extra glycine: When I want that extra "go to sleep and sleep for a while", I take glycine. It works really well... It increases the quality of your sleep (by putting you into an endothermic state - a state where you are more cold, and endothermic states are better for deep sleep), as well, it also increases collagen (along with gotu kola) and that's great for skin and muscle repair. 

** BTW, some other benefits; Gotu Kola: great for removing cellulite... And it also increases testosterone, before I even knew that I felt it and then I looked it up and found out that that's one of it's benefits. - On Gotu Kola, I am more horny, definitely.

Hope y'all enjoyed. I'll be here to answer any questions, regardless, i'll update this thread in a while from now when there's new things to talk about!

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#14 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

WARNING: I bought some of these pills online (both modafinil and armodafinil at different times) and used them for about 2 months with caffeine and have given myself some kind of heart attack / stroke.

The capacity of my heart seems to be reduced now. 6 Months on since, quitting all caffeine / stimulants I have tried drinking tea again and found that I cant even drink a single cup without my heart beating erratically for the rest of the day. I have seriously damaged my health by taking this stupid drug. I think I have shortened my life by 10-30 years as a result of listening to Dave Asprey's advice of drinking coffee with this stuff, which I seriously do not recommend. Before doing this I was a pretty healthy and in shape 29 year old.

No one should be promoting this drug (and especially not with caffeine at the same time). If you dont have narcolepsy you dont need it. If you are just doing this because you want to earn more money or work more hours you are a fool. The number of people buying this stuff online and not using a doctor is ridiculous.

My experience with using this drug was almost exactly the same as the plot line of the Limitless movie. Avoid at all costs. Business and life is a marathon not a sprint.

Heart attack or stroke? Diagnosed by medical professionals? Any family history of cardiovascular issues?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modifinil, modifinil cocktail, modifinil stack, modifinil interactions, modifinil noopept, modifinil piracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users