• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Telegony - A Woman’s Body Incorporates DNA From Her Casual Sex Partners?

telegony genetics sex

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

Well... This has a lot of politically incorrect implications. However the researcher's conclusions seem to support Roosh's moralising. Am I missing anything?

Scientists at the University of New South Wales discovered that, for fruit flies at least, the size of the young was determined by the size of the first male the mother mated with, rather than the second male that sired the offspring.

[…]
“Our new findings take this to a whole new level – showing a male can also transmit some of his acquired features to offspring sired by other males,” she says. “But we don’t know yet whether this applies to other species.”

[…]
Dr Stuart Wigby of the Department of Zoology at Oxford University added: “The principle of telegony is theoretically possible for pretty much any internally fertilising animal, but these hasn’t historically been much evidence for it.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:38 AM

Am I missing anything?

Umm, people aren't fruit flies?

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#3 A941

• 1,027 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:55 AM

Uh... sounds like those theories some of the people had who gave the Nazis their ideas.

I think it was Lanz von liebnfels who thought a womans offspring will be shaped by the first man she had sex with.

BUT on the other hand it sounds interesting and could be benefical if only good traits are taken.

To book this BIOSCIENCE ad spot and support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above) - click HERE.

#4 treonsverdery

• 1,312 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:00 AM

a paranormalist once told me that if a person (who we will call Carol) has sex with a person we will call Leslie, where Leslie has not previously ever had sex, then Carol accumulates some physiological vitality from Leslie. The paranormalist JY actually did things that I think suggest that there are paranormal effects.

If the drosophila thing is reproducible yet absent a measurable chemical basis then it could be studied further as a paranormal effect on a nonhuman species.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: telegony, genetics, sex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users