• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Reducing acetylcholine release (prescription drug ?)

acetylcholine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BND

• 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

See my introduction for some background.

Currently taking clonazepam, both taking it and especially tapering it, and also switching to diazepam is a nightmare.

What would you suggest to reduce release of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Prescription drugs are fine ... What works.

I have come to the conclusion that some of my issues are caused by an excess of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. I think it is best to reduce the release of the neurotransmitter. For other issues I have taken prescription drugs that are antagonists of the muscarinic receptors. In a  way, they worked, but there were unacceptable side effects, especially after discontinuation and subsequent attempts to taper the clonazepam !

FYI, clonazepam has major effects on the neurotransmitters serotonin and acetylcholine, indirectly other neurotransmitters. I take it once a day, problem/harsh drug with major side effects.

Actually, clonazepam has a 'mixed' effect on acetylcholine, which is why I suspect that reducing excess release might be the safest.

There are plenty of reasons to believe that I suffer from an excess of acetylcholine, maybe it's best to omit that whole story. CNS, possibly the peripheral nervous system also.

(I could even say that I am in a 'hypercholinergic state', whatever that may be)

Doctors know nothing ... it's really a do-it-yourself issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: acetylcholine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users