• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Turmeric supplement DIY - how to beef it up?

turmeric

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 billintenn

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:43 PM

So, I have been taking the following concoction - 1 large tsp per day. The original recipe came from freshbites daily .com.

I added the cinnamon.

2.5 tablespoons of turmeric powder

1.5 teaspoons black pepper

2 tablespoons ginger

2 tablespoons cinnamon

1 cup honey.

I take this primarily as an anti-inflammatory/exercise recovery aid and for the countless benefits of turmeric.

My question(s) What might I add to make this an even better supplement for health, energy, and feeling good, while still keeping it palatable. The only other thing I will mention is that I sometimes like to take it before bed so I would prefer to not add anything stimulating.

Thank you

#2 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 April 2016 - 12:09 AM

Cloves.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 billintenn

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:39 AM

Interesting. It does seem that cloves have numerous health benefits. I can find some ground cloves that would probably mix into the above solution. I may give a teaspoon or so a try in my next batch.

Thank you

#4 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 11:40 AM

Once you're done capping them, get your pepper shaker and sprinkle the caps with black pepper until well seasoned. For increased efficacy and absorption, use a pepper grinder with whole peppercorns.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 April 2016 - 06:50 PM

"Treatment with EAEC and OA selectively increased protein expression of p21(WAF1/Cip1) and γ-H2AX and downregulated expression of cell cycle-regulated proteins. Moreover, many of these changes were at the mRNA level, suggesting transcriptional regulation by EAEC treatment. Our results demonstrate that clove extract may represent a novel therapeutic herb for the treatment of colorectal cancer, and OA appears to be one of the bioactive components"

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/24854101

Morphological analysis and DAPI staining showed cytotoxicity to be a result of cell disruption with subsequent membrane rupture. Maximum cell death and apoptotic cell demise occurred in TE-13 cells within 24 hours by clove oil at 300 μl/ml with 80% cell death whereas DU-145 cells showed minimal cell death. At the same time, no significant cytotoxicity was found in human PBMC's at the same dose.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/22292639

Treatment of mice with water extract of clove was found to inhibit macrophages to produce both IL-1beta and IL-6. The essential oil of clove also inhibited the production of these cytokines in vitro. Eugenol was found to be the major component of the clove extract and essential oil, and probably is the causative agent of cytokine inhibition. Taken together, these data suggest an anti-inflammatory action of this spice.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19296372

Also black cumin seeds.

Edited by dazed1, 05 April 2016 - 06:51 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: turmeric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users