General questions about spices/CO2 oils

improving

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 May 2016 - 11:04 PM

Hi, i would like to here some opinions on the following questions.

I got few auto-immune issues rosacea/arthritis/ chronica uttarika which i control decently with my regimen,

Supplements

Methylcobamin  500mcg/day

Magnesium Bisglycinate 200-400 mg/day

Zinc Bisglycinate/Picolinate/L Optizinc, i mix them 30mg/day

Retinol Vit A 5.000/day

Ascorbic acid 3x1g/day

D3 1x 5000ui/day

K2 Mk7 100mcg/ 2-3x week.

Na-Rala 100mg/day

Omega Carlson labs 600 EPA & 400 DHA/day

Kyolic, Aged Garlic Extract 2x 600mg/day

P5P 5mg 3x/week

Diet,

Mostly boiled whole grain brown rice + celery + onions + green peppers + carrots + spinach + beef/chicken + coconut oil, from fruits i usually eat bananas strawberries, and apples.

Spices,

Turmeric 3x2gr/day, Black seed 3x1.5g/day, Ginger 3x1g/day, Rosemary 3x1g/day, Cinnamon 3x1g/day.

With this regimen, i feel and i'm 7/10 if 10 being feeling quite good and no issues at all, the most and staggering impact on me is definitely sleep, no matter what i eat, or what i take if i don't sleep well  + 6h  i feel terrible at once, the second thing which makes huge effect, is being cold - bad body temperature regulation, whenever im cold, i start to feel terrible as well, my body struggle to keep me worm when its cold if i dont sleep well, if i sleep well this is MUCH less of an issue, and one last thing, leaving my face/skin to dry out this 3 things make huge difference in how i feel and how my auto-immune disorders react, any clue whats going on, and what should i test/look at?

Edit, is it safe to mix/take CO2 oils internally with the spices? like 1/2 drops per 1.5g spice? thanks.

Edited by dazed1, 27 May 2016 - 11:13 PM.

#2 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 May 2016 - 12:07 PM

By CO² oils do you mean essential oils extracted with CO²?

Regarding your immune system condition, have you assessed whether you are th1 or th2 dominant?

This is important to know if you are to effectively resolve the situation.

see https://selfhacked.c...-th2-dominance/

Let us know what you come up with

Edited by sativa, 28 May 2016 - 12:09 PM.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:46 PM

K2 is best taken everyday and D3 5000UI 2-3/week or one moth on-one moth off.

Nigella is best at 2,5g/day.

Ginger is best fresh at up to 10g/day or more if as infusion (tea).

Cinnamon is best as tea (leave the last bit in the glass) and Cinnamomum verum only (Sri Lanka).

If you don't dislike them include eggs and fish in your diet and don't overindulge on rice and carrots, include raw veggies too.

Possible hypothyroidism issues, check your basal temperature: place a thermometer besides the bed, as you wake up don't move, grab the thermometer and measure the temperature while still in bed, repeat a for a few days.

A basal temperature below 36,5 means very likely hypothyroidism issues.

Frail hair, poor skin, cold extremities, afraid of cold, poor energy and poor sleep are quite typical signs (not necessarily all at once).

Minimum required sleep is 8 hours, less isn't healthy. 

• Informative x 2
  • like x 2

#4 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:56 AM

By CO² oils do you mean essential oils extracted with CO²?

Regarding your immune system condition, have you assessed whether you are th1 or th2 dominant?

This is important to know if you are to effectively resolve the situation.

see https://selfhacked.c...-th2-dominance/

Let us know what you come up with

Yes, i mean CO2 extracted oils, to get the biggest benefits, i would like to start including them with the powder form for max benefits.

No, i have not assesed neither im well informed, but i will read from the link you send me, thanks alot.

#5 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2016 - 01:10 AM

K2 is best taken everyday and D3 5000UI 2-3/week or one moth on-one moth off.

Nigella is best at 2,5g/day.

Ginger is best fresh at up to 10g/day or more if as infusion (tea).

Cinnamon is best as tea (leave the last bit in the glass) and Cinnamomum verum only (Sri Lanka).

If you don't dislike them include eggs and fish in your diet and don't overindulge on rice and carrots, include raw veggies too.

Possible hypothyroidism issues, check your basal temperature: place a thermometer besides the bed, as you wake up don't move, grab the thermometer and measure the temperature while still in bed, repeat a for a few days.

A basal temperature below 36,5 means very likely hypothyroidism issues.

Frail hair, poor skin, cold extremities, afraid of cold, poor energy and poor sleep are quite typical signs (not necessarily all at once).

Minimum required sleep is 8 hours, less isn't healthy. 

I take D3 for 4 months straight now, is this too much? i heard that hard deficit like me (i cant go out in the sun/big skin problems and rosacea)

I will reduce my nigella dosage, thanks!

I cant tolerate ginger so well, it burns my stomach and causing rosacea flare up due to the hot nature of it, and the irritation of the stomach. No way i can eat it raw.

I use Ceylon Cinnamon, isn't this the best?

I eat rice, like 50-70 grams per meal, its cheap and tasty, and it makes my meals more "bulky" since i don't always eat meat with the meals something must "cover up" the calories, and i also got kind of gerd from egs on top of it, i wait for organic ones, the regular ones taste awful i cant eat raw, since chewing also make my rosacea flare up, i got tingling - nerve sensation under my right eye, burning/pressure as well so i avoid as much as possible to chew hard, even brushing my beard if its dry is causing my eyebrow to tingle, and to feel like its raised, something about the electricity of the dry hair/brush interaction is causing this.

I got very dry hair, and beard, and my skin is very sensitive, but in the last few days i made an amazing spice super combo, and i feel even better.

Turmeric, Ginger, Rosemary, Thyme, Black Seed, Cloves, and Cinnamon, i used them in powdered form, and also cooked at 70c for maximum absorption with black pepper and to get the benefits of both preparations.

K2 MK7 i heard that its retained and active for whole 48 and even longer, so i thought i can save a bit and use it more sparingly, is the K1 from the Spinach any good? i also eat spinach very often.

#6 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

Perhaps consider not eating egg white as it contains lectin compounds which can aggravate autoimmune conditions and contribute to digestive issues by harming or irritating the digestive lining.
  • Good Point x 1

#7 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

I did take 5000UI/day vitamin D for a few years without any apparent issue but than my nails become very fragile and always split even if kept very short, my mother experienced the same thing, stopping vitamin D quickly reversed the condition and the nails got back to normal.

Nail splitting is annoying but not life threatening, of course, but it is a sign something is going wrong and maybe something else more serious but yet not evident is taking place, reducing the dosage eliminates the issue.

I suggest to not take vitamin D3 5000UI/day for long periods without a break, anyway you don't need such an high dosage everyday once main unbalances are solved (it might be worth for a few months but after that that dosage is actually too much).

Shred fresh ginger and make a tea with it, you'll be able to tolerate much higher dosages, trow in some cinnamon for a delicious blend.

Ceylon is the old colonial name for Sri Lanka and yes, it is the best cinnamon.

Spinach are good but don't worry too much about their vitamin K content.

Vitamin K2 is long lasting but you can't possibly get too much of it, is good stuff and relatively scarce, everyday supplementing hardly would cause you any harm. 

Check your basal temperature! 

• Informative x 1

#8 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:17 AM

You could look into boron and silica for arthritis and general health.

I made a 20% sodium tetraborate solution and occasionally add a drop or 2 per 1 litre drinking and cooking water

For silica, I add food grade diatomaceous earth to my water which over time, creates bioavailable orthosilicic acid. Ideally add diatomaceous earth to a large water container to maximise orthosilicic acid levels.

White rice is my main staple (i have it for breakfast too!) From what I gather, brown rice tends to require more energy and effort to digest (this depends on his the rice was prepared eg fermented, sprouted etc and accompany spices/herbs) contains more arsenic (in the hull/husk) as well as phytic acid which has potential to bind irreversibly to minerals.

Do you presoak/sprout/ferment your rice?

Edited by sativa, 02 June 2016 - 12:19 AM.

• Informative x 1

#9 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

Perhaps consider not eating egg white as it contains lectin compounds which can aggravate autoimmune conditions and contribute to digestive issues by harming or irritating the digestive lining.

Will keep in mind thanks!

#10 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:52 AM

I did take 5000UI/day vitamin D for a few years without any apparent issue but than my nails become very fragile and always split even if kept very short, my mother experienced the same thing, stopping vitamin D quickly reversed the condition and the nails got back to normal.

Nail splitting is annoying but not life threatening, of course, but it is a sign something is going wrong and maybe something else more serious but yet not evident is taking place, reducing the dosage eliminates the issue.

I suggest to not take vitamin D3 5000UI/day for long periods without a break, anyway you don't need such an high dosage everyday once main unbalances are solved (it might be worth for a few months but after that that dosage is actually too much).

Shred fresh ginger and make a tea with it, you'll be able to tolerate much higher dosages, trow in some cinnamon for a delicious blend.

Ceylon is the old colonial name for Sri Lanka and yes, it is the best cinnamon.

Spinach are good but don't worry too much about their vitamin K content.

Vitamin K2 is long lasting but you can't possibly get too much of it, is good stuff and relatively scarce, everyday supplementing hardly would cause you any harm. 

Check your basal temperature! 

Thanks for the answer, i use powdered ginger, i buy it and use it in powdered form, should i make tea of it as well?

I dont worry im asking if the spinach K is absorbable at all.

Will consider taking the K2 everyday

Will also measure my basal temperature, thanks!

You could look into boron and silica for arthritis and general health.

I made a 20% sodium tetraborate solution and occasionally add a drop or 2 per 1 litre drinking and cooking water

For silica, I add food grade diatomaceous earth to my water which over time, creates bioavailable orthosilicic acid. Ideally add diatomaceous earth to a large water container to maximise orthosilicic acid levels.

White rice is my main staple (i have it for breakfast too!) From what I gather, brown rice tends to require more energy and effort to digest (this depends on his the rice was prepared eg fermented, sprouted etc and accompany spices/herbs) contains more arsenic (in the hull/husk) as well as phytic acid which has potential to bind irreversibly to minerals.

Do you presoak/sprout/ferment your rice?

Will look into silica and boron for sure.

Does all rice contains arsenic? no matter where is grown? i avoid white rice cause of the sugar/insulin spikes, and whole grain has more nutrients, since i started to use turmeric like 5g./day i ended my worries about oxalates/phytic acid and similar stuff, since i cant quite neither the rice or the turmeric, rice is economical way to add bulk to my meals, and turmeric is the #1 spice IMHO, especially since i got 3-4 inflammatory diseases, so nothing i can do to the rice will help much, since the turmeric is extremely high in oxalates.

#11 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

Sprouting or fermenting brown rice (as well as grains and legumes) significantly reduces phytic acid and other so called anti-nutrients which makes the food in question more digestible.

I only buy organic white rice. I think this still contains arsenic, so I make sure my bodies natural detox pathways are working as best as possible. Arsenic levels depend on water levels and the location where it was grown.

Oxalates are neutralised by calcium, I sometimes use calcium citrate for this purpose. The oxalic acid reacts and forms calcium oxalate which is more desirable than "free" oxalic acid.

I agree, rice adds good bulk. I combine it with coconut and olive oil, and protein as nutritional yeast or pea protein powder to help mitigate the sugar spike. Also, my metabolism is quite fast which helps also with this.

Edited by sativa, 02 June 2016 - 02:10 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#12 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:09 PM

So i should use small doses of calcium for this? i got some calcium hydroxyapatite

P.S. I got no time to sprout, really this whole new way of life, is taking wayyyyyyy too much time, i know how it sounds but i really need more then 3h/day just to prepare an eat my food, i cant get anything else which require time/attention sorry :(

#13 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:15 PM

I know what you mean!

I played with sprouting lentils for a week or 2 ha.

Now I just put 500g of white rice to soak permanently (thoroughly washing 3 times) and take servings directly from this jar. So the last few servings of rice have been soaking for at least a week.

This helps to make the rice more digestible, removes some of the arsenic (leeches into soaking water which I don't consume) and reduces cooking time.

Dried oregano and capers have the highest amount of flavonoids/polyphenols so would be probably be very good for combatting inflammation.

I'm not sure about calcium hydroxyapatite. I read on a site specifically about oxalates and the issues it can cause (inflammation included, especially for joints) that ca citrate was effective.

It would perhabs be wise to assess the state of your immune system as this is significantly linked to inflammation.

It's possible that turmeric and nigella (amongst the other things) might be activating the wrong area of your immune system and thus contributing to inflammation.

All the info is on that selfhacked link I sent you. There are also great articles on inflammation, and how to effectively reduce it. He talks about the different causes (the various inflammatory cytokines/messengers etc) in a clear and succinct way.

Edited by sativa, 02 June 2016 - 02:22 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#14 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

I found one of the causes of my face inflammation, is an ongoing ear infection! whenever i got my ears wet in the shower and if i dont dry it fast, i got pain which later contributes to the inflamation, how to deal with this?

Thanks alot guys, you are both very helpful!

#15 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 02:58 PM

Consider eating cloves and clove oil too, its a good anti-inflammatory IIRC. They also contain very high levels of manganese.
  • Good Point x 1

#16 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Clove oil or even better cinnamon oil diluted in a carrier oil (coconut oil), one drop in the ear channel.

Before bath or shower doesn't allow water to come in contact with the inner ear because of the oil film (for this any oil will do), once or twice a day for a few days the very strong antibacterial action will kill any pathogen responsible for the infection.

A few drops of hydrogen peroxide might work too.

• Good Point x 1

#17 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:11 PM

I thought of this, but i got no clove oil, or cinamon oil, i got the herbs in powdered form.

From oils i got 

CO2 calendula

CO2 Turmeric

CO2 Rose hip

CO2 cumin (not black)

Coconut oil virgin (Nutiva)

I used Hydrogen peroxide like 5-6 times by now, does not help maybe the water is deeper in the canal? :(

Edited by dazed1, 02 June 2016 - 11:12 PM.

#18 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 June 2016 - 11:16 PM

Clove oil can be found for quite a small price on eBay for example, no?

You could do a basic clove or cinnamon (or both together) oil infusion. This would be easier with non powdered spice re separating the coconut oil, but powdered does vastly increase the surface area...meaning during storage some oils will escape lowering the potency.

But ANYWAY, something like this:

+ Mix clove powder with coconut oil in a steel pan (dont use non stick teflon, that's just asking for health issues aka trouble)
+ Apply low heat for a prolonged period perhaps an hour. Not to long so as to not degrade potentially heat sensitive compounds.
+ take of heat, let the mixture settle.

= Voila, clove infused coconut oil.

Perhaps pour the coconut oil and clove powder mixture into a long thin container to make it easier to separate the oil from the powder.

You now have 2 options.

1. Keep the oil clove mixture warm (at least 25°C) so it doesn't solidify - once it has settled, pour of the top layer of coconut oil which should be infused with clove fatty compounds.

2. Allow the oil clove mixture to cool down and solidify as the clove powder settles on the bottom. You can now use a spoon to remove the top layer of coconut oil without clove powder.

Edited by sativa, 02 June 2016 - 11:29 PM.

• Good Point x 1

#19 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

My ear is better, and instantly everything else is better as well, no infmalation or anything, also i feel even better maybe its because i started taking CoQ10 as well?

#20 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:15 PM

Perhaps yes, giving your mitochondria a much needed boost.
  • Good Point x 1

#21 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:39 PM

Perhaps yes, giving your mitochondria a much needed boost.

Hi, thanks for the answer. Is this for the Coenzyme or the ear?

Also do you think CO2 oils is safe to be taken internally in small doses, 2-3 drops per day along with the powder?

#22 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2016 - 01:59 PM

The CoQ10 will have likely boosted mitochondrial function and this will have had a beneficial effect on many aspects of your health.

Yes such a small dose of essential oils should be fine.

I used to take between 10 and 30 drops of essential oils most days for a period (with food!!!) - which isn't something I would really do now.

Many essential oils have psychoactive effects...
  • Good Point x 1

#23 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

Thanks alot.

I plan to take around 5 drops of CO2 oils per day, any spices that i'm missing and should add, i plan to use 10 kinds overall, if anyone of you does not use Fennel, and Coriander i strongly recommend them for stomach/digestive health, especally the Fennel, its simply amazing post meal, together with Betaine HCL.

#24 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

Yes I regularly chew fennel/coriander seeds (sometimes multiple times) after meals for their digestive promoting benefits. I read that this is routine practice in India.

Peppermint essential oil applied to your stomach area also promotes digestion.

Edited by sativa, 04 June 2016 - 05:35 PM.

• Agree x 1

#25 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2016 - 03:10 AM

Generally speaking isn't a good idea to apply topical or ingest PURE essential oils since they might be too strong and irritating, good practice calls for always diluting in a carrier oil, of which coconut oil is a good choice (but any oil will do).

• Good Point x 1

#26 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:07 PM

Yes i only use 2-5% of the CO2 in carrier oils.

#27 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:51 AM

One interesting thing come to my mind last night.

Is it possible to develop resistance to the species/plants i take?

Example you take turmeric 3-5g/day for 1 year non stop, is it possible to stop being effective (does not longer lower inflammatory markers) or something? like with anti-biotics? im aware they are totally different but just a theory? same goes for the rosemary, black seed and ginger? what do you guys think about it thanks.

Edited by dazed1, 12 June 2016 - 01:52 AM.

#28 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:37 AM

It is certainly possible that daily exposure to some compounds will reduce effectiveness with time, for this reason it is usually recommended to cycle supplements, especially herbal ones.

In my personal experience for example maca loses its horny effect after a while, resuming after a break leads to new effectiveness.

The maca example is because the horny effect is obvious, other effects are not so easy to evaluate precisely.

Cycling yields better results in almost every field, training, nutrition, etc...I can't see why with supplements should be any different. 

• Informative x 1

#29 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

Hi thanks!

What maca are you using? is it the best herb regarding libido?

#30 sativa

• 536 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 June 2016 - 05:33 PM

What maca are you using? is it the best herb regarding libido?

For libido enhancement, these things are effective - They either work via hormones (testosterone, prolactin, reducing estrogen, DHT etc) or via neurotransmitters (dopamine etc):

Catuaba
Tribulus
Nettle root
Boron
Creatine

Of course, to maintain libido avoid all synthetic estrogenic substances and other hormonal/endocrine disruptors eg fluoride, BPA/S, some photoestrogen's, phthalates etc etc

Edited by sativa, 12 June 2016 - 05:36 PM.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: improving

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users