• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Self-organization of the human embryo in the absence of maternal tissues.

artificial wombs in vitro embryo stem cells

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

Self-organization of the human embryo in the absence of maternal tissues.

Remodelling of the human embryo at implantation is indispensable for successful pregnancy. Yet it has remained mysterious because of the experimental hurdles that beset the study of this developmental phase. Here, we establish an in vitro system to culture human embryos through implantation stages in the absence of maternal tissues and reveal the key events of early human morphogenesis. These include segregation of the pluripotent embryonic and extra-embryonic lineages, and morphogenetic rearrangements leading to generation of a bilaminar disc, formation of a pro-amniotic cavity within the embryonic lineage, appearance of the prospective yolk sac, and trophoblast differentiation. Using human embryos and human pluripotent stem cells, we show that the reorganization of the embryonic lineage is mediated by cellular polarization leading  to cavity formation. Together, our results indicate that the critical remodelling events at this stage of human development are embryo-autonomous, highlighting the remarkable and unanticipated self-organizing properties of human embryos.

https://www.dropbox....en2016.pdf?dl=0

The paper is paid but bigger than the size I can upload on longecity, that's why I'm posting a dropbox link to the full paper.

We're one step closer to artificial wombs! And by extension to any lab grown tissue.

#2 corb

• Topic Starter
  • 507 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:59 PM

I linked the wrong paper and I can't update the first post anymore, sorry about that folks.

https://www.dropbox....zi2016.pdf?dl=0

Here you go.

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: artificial wombs, in vitro, embryo, stem cells

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users