Nicotinamide Riboside and C60 Olive oil dosage help

nicotinamide riboside and c60

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 scooterboy

• 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:27 PM

I have just started taking 500mgs of Nicotinamide Riboside daily . It has really help my energy level  . I am also thinking of making some C60  Olive oil . Here is my question .

Would these two supplements  interfere with each other in the long run ? Is their a way to take both with out  cancelling out one another s effectiveness ? I have read a few post about this problem and it has me a bit concerned   .

Edited by scooterboy, 07 October 2016 - 09:31 PM.

#2 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 06:30 PM

i take c60 8-12mg daily (lower dose when i run out of supply) and take 300mg of nr (used to take 500mg).i just lowered to save money because i feel little better on 500mg but it doesn t worth the money

i also combo mito q, resveratrol, pterostilbene, omega3 and many activating telomerase supp....it is only about 2 and a half weeks on this and feel so good that it seems unreal

i stopped c60 for 3 days because travelling and the 3dr day i felt the normal tireness i used to feel when not on c60 and nr

• Informative x 1

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Graviton

• 150 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:50 PM

I guess that no one can answer to your question in the present. There is too little data and deficient amount of supporting hypothesis/theories rationales. Someone say that you can take NR supplements about a few days after taking C60oo, but who knows? It may take a long time for C60oo out of the system. Plasma level data from Baati's study is not sufficient to say about the half life of C60oo. Spleen, liver and other organs may have a decent amount of C60oo. Dosage and frequency is still in an ongoing research area.

Edited by Graviton, 08 October 2016 - 07:52 PM.

#4 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 08:53 PM

I guess that no one can answer to your question in the present. There is too little data and deficient amount of supporting hypothesis/theories rationales. Someone say that you can take NR supplements about a few days after taking C60oo, but who knows? It may take a long time for C60oo out of the system. Plasma level data from Baati's study is not sufficient to say about the half life of C60oo. Spleen, liver and other organs may have a decent amount of C60oo. Dosage and frequency is still in an ongoing research area.

and we also need real data to prove combo of c60 and nr is not good, until now i feel better on the combo

#5 scooterboy

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2016 - 09:13 PM

and we also need real data to prove combo of c60 and nr is not good, until now i feel better on the combo

How do you take your dose of C60 with NR ?

#6 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 11:48 PM

How do you take your dose of C60 with NR ?

100mg nr morning, 100mg fternoon, c60 about 1-2hrs after nr at about 5pm, and again 100mg nr before bed time.some days i take 200mg nr in the morning and 400mg total daily

#7 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:17 AM

by the way i only feel an energy effect from 8mg and a lot of effect from 12mg.i m using carbon60oliveoil for now and since it is almost finished i had to use 3mg doses and feel very little energy effect from it if any (at this dose it could even be placebo effect because very very little)

in these 2 weeks of use i regained all fat loss on cheek/cheekbones area and the little sagging there, really incredible effect, of course no effect on bags under the eyes and sagging in that area but i ve always had a problem there.my videos/pictures when 34yo already had that

#8 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:18 PM

in these 2 weeks of use i regained all fat loss on cheek/cheekbones area and the little sagging there

Any before/after pictures to show the effect?

#9 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:49 AM

i stopped c60 for 3 days because travelling and the 3dr day i felt the normal tireness i used to feel when not on c60 and nr

Here is my theoretical concern with taking these supplements at the same time:

Supplements like nicotinamide and NR that increase NAD+ set the cells mitochondrial quality control program running. The thousand or so of the cell's mitochondria are fissioned into their smallest functional size and those mitochondria not functioning properly are tagged for recycling by lysosomes. Their dysfunctional mtDNA is thus eliminated. Now what if there is a population of dysfunctional mtDNA that functions well with C60 (or some other mitochondrial supplement) but not so well without it? Those mitochondria will not be tagged but instead will be allowed to replicate. By protecting them, their numbers increase and the cell becomes addicted to C60 (or other mito supplement), and can't function well without it. So instead of creating a state of health, you've accidentally created a state of dependency.

This concern also applies to taking C60 every day, even without NR. The cell doesn't get a chance to remove C60 dependent mitochondria and could build up a population of them. In the research on rats that originally got people excited about C60, the rats didn't get it every day after the first week, but only once every two weeks. The best protocol is not known, but it's unlikely to involve taking C60 every day for long periods.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 07 November 2016 - 11:05 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#10 ambivalent

• 744 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2016 - 01:36 PM

Here is my theoretical concern with taking these supplements at the same time:

Supplements like nicotinamide and NR that increase NAD+ set the cells mitochondrial quality control program running. The thousand or so of the cell's mitochondria are fissioned into their smallest functional size and those mitochondria not functioning properly are tagged for recycling by lysosomes. Their dysfunctional mtDNA is thus eliminated. Now what if there is a population of dysfunctional mtDNA that functions well with C60 (or some other mitochondrial supplement) but not so well without it? Those mitochondria will not be tagged but instead will be allowed to replicate. By protecting them, their numbers increase and the cell becomes addicted to C60 (or other mito supplement), and can't function well without it. So instead of creating a state of health, you've accidentally created a state of dependency.

This concern also applies to taking C60 every day, even without NR. The cell doesn't get a chance to remove C60 dependent mitochondria and could build up a population of them. In the research on rats that originally got people excited about C60, the rats didn't get it every day after the first week, but only once every two weeks. The best protocol is not known, but it's unlikely to involve taking C60 every day for long periods.

Thanks for this Turnbuckle. Forgive my ignorance but I couldn't see why taking NAD+ supplements with c60oo would be harmful given your explanation.  My interpretation from your analysis is that taking an NAD+ sup with c60 could render the NAD+ sup redundant and so at worst just be a waste of money.

But could it be they could theoretically behave synergistically too? It has been theorised that c60 improves lysosome function via soaking up the mitochondria ROS since mitochondria ROS damage lysosome function. Could there be benefit in cycling the supplements? So taking c60oo preserves the faulty-mitochondria as well as maintaining the health of lysosomes. Then when the c60oo is eliminated the NAD+ boost works better with more efficient lysosomes - I suppose it might depend on how long it takes for the withdrawal of c60oo to unmask the faulty mitochondria as to whether the process would be more effective rather than more efficient.

Edited by ambivalent, 07 November 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#11 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:53 PM

Could there be benefit in cycling the supplements? 

Exactly. You want to cycle them, not take them at the same time. Now apart from the theoretical concern of a long term effect, there is another, more immediate concern. See this thread:  C60EVOO and Nicotinamide Riboside interaction, which addresses the concern about a C60, NAD+, and light interaction, which produces ROS. And it's worse that it seemed when that was posted, as red light seems to be as good as higher frequencies at creating ROS, and red light is very penetrating. See this thread: C60 and red light. I previously speculated that it might make sense to actually lower NAD+ while taking C60, but I neglected to follow up on it with experiments. (See this post re magnesium malate.) There are bound to be supplements that lower NAD+, but the emphasis has all been in the other direction.

• like x 1

#12 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:44 AM

What if we periodically use the protocol to get rid of dysfunctional mitochondria?

I was thinking about stopping c60 and mitoq (and other supplements with mitochondria interaction) for 1 week and try high dose NR 3g followed by few days of PCC

Will this be enough to get rid of possible problems?i dont like stopping nr or lowering the dose because i lose the huge vision improvement i achieved

#13 lost69

• 285 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 10:47 AM

in these 2 weeks of use i regained all fat loss on cheek/cheekbones area and the little sagging there

Any before/after pictures to show the effect?

i will pm a before/after picture when i get back home, i dont like posting public for now

#14 scooterboy

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 03:49 PM

Turnbuckle! 

How would you cycle SR and C60 if you were taking them together ?  I am taking both of them and would like your suggestion .

#15 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

Turnbuckle! 

How would you cycle SR and C60 if you were taking them together ?  I am taking both of them and would like your suggestion .

I'm not using either NR or C60 at the moment. Instead of NR (which has to be enzymatically broken down into nicotinamide and ribose to be absorbed) I'm using 2g nicotinamide and 5g ribose (N+R instead of NR). This is equivalent to taking 4 grams of NR in a single dose, except that it is faster acting. See this thread on alternating mitochondrial fission with fusion. So far I don't see any advantage of using both N+R and C60, or even cycling them. 

Edited by Turnbuckle, 04 June 2017 - 06:14 PM.

#16 scooterboy

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 June 2017 - 09:25 PM

Are you taking D-ribose with your nicoptinamide like in the address below and areyou taking it every day ?

https://www.amazon.c...=di+ribose&th=1

Edited by scooterboy, 04 June 2017 - 09:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users