Vorinostat Experiences

fear extinction

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 theCLK

• 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:31 PM

Hi - sorting through the group buy thread is a task in itself, is anyone experimenting with Vorinostat and what is your experience? Thanks!

• Agree x 3

#2 cbkid

• 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:29 PM

I suffer from social anxiety and I'm thinking of taking a dose before my two hour float tank session tonight. I'll be taking public transportation instead of driving so I can *expose* myself.

So I'd be combining exposure therapy with "meditation" in the form of a float tank session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 theCLK

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:05 AM

Keep us updated!

#4 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:41 AM

would be interested to hear any experiences with sodium butyrate as well or even sodium valproate. i have a feeling its efficacy in bipolar disorder hinges on histone acetylation rather than gaba. hdac inhibition in the amygdala in particular is of interest as it determines anxiolysis of alcohol

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:54 AM

sodium valproate has had some success in social anxiety by increasing gaba inhibition in the cerebral cortex and its commonly thought that this is a separate effect from its hdac inhibition but as you can see sodium butyrate has a similar effect. https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26577018 leading me to believe gaba inhibition is a downstream effect of hdac inhibition.

• Off-Topic x 1
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fear extinction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users