- - - - -

Longevinex (resveratrol & quercetin) + Longvida (curcumin) & Pycnogenol

resveratrol curcumin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:26 PM

I'm currently supplementing Longevinex with breakfast (Resveratrol + Quercetin.). I'm thinking about tacking on Longvida (Curcumin) and maybe GSE or Pine extract.

Randomly, I've accidentally cut my hand a few times since starting Longevinex and it takes forever to stop bleeding, where there seems to be some strong blood thinning / anti-clottong properties for me. I'm not sure if curcumin or pycnogenol would further compound this.

For the most benefit / least risk, would I be best taking these together, or a different one with each meal further apart, or doing something like a 1wk cycling between them?

#2 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:30 PM

The last time I looked at the contents of Longevinex, (third iteration I believe) it was mostly ferulic acid with resveratrol.  I see they've changed the formula again http://www.longevine...lementfacts.php

Resveratrol inhibits platelet aggregation, which might account for increased blood clotting time.  Vitamin K, including MK-7, decreases clotting time.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 brosci

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

Any thoughts on whether it would make sense to take Longevinex + Longvida (eg. Curcubrain from NOW Foods) + Pycnogenol (or grape seed extract) together as a polyphenol power stack... or, if I would be much better off just taking one of these at a time or distributing them in some way throughout the day?

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:08 AM

The problem with mixtures like this is we don't know about the interactions that will occur.  Where we know the mechanism of action we can perhaps predict.  But this is seldom the case.

Usually one should add one thing at a time and note the effects, if any.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 brosci

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:26 AM

So, assuming I feel good doing the pycnogenol before breakfast (basically grape seed extract), and the Longvida + Longevinex with breakfast (often post-workout), this is likely to be a safe & health-promoting regimen?

Or, am I better off playing it safe and just taking 1 of these... and maybe taking none of these on some days?  I suppose this is a difficult question to answer.  I'm looking for theoretical red or green flags.  (I wouldn't mind tossing in Garlic Extract... Pomegranate Extract... Coffee Berry Extract or CoQ10 + PQQ into the mix, but then it starts looking much too heavy on the antioxidant front... so I've sort of narrowed it down to these 3 key components... although, perhaps with some thoughtful cycling, I could incorporate a wider diversity of polyphenols.)

Lately, my priorities are primarily concerned with cardiovascular + cognitive health first, then longevity / healthspan, then body comp + athletic performance.

Edited by brosci, 25 April 2017 - 03:40 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: resveratrol, curcumin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users