• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Suplements to change the way of my metabolism!!

stack

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 swarrior

• 6 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:33 PM

This is my second post. I introduce myself, I am "Swarrior" originally from Spain. Forgive me if I do not express myself properly;).

I am a 28 year old man, sportsman(188cm, 90 kg, 16%BF), weightlifting (strength training) I combine it with metabolic circuits, low intensity cardio and sometimes HIIT. In general I am healthy, but there are things that unfortunately fail.

My food in general is quite good.

Signs of something happening. (Attach my analyzes below)  

- DHT levels, above the range. Very little hair, body and facial. Very dense headless hair. (The opposite of what you would expect)

-Very sexual desire.

- Very wide refractory period (days)

-Days of sadness with no apparent cause. 

- Occasionally very tired, without reason.   The "interesting", or where I think you have to look, are certain markers:  

-Prolactin in all analyzes, about 30 (being the limit in men 13)

-Testosterone (total, free and bioavailable) and SHBG in normal levels, almost always attached to the lower limit. The DHT, above the limit, in the last analysis 1.45 (being the limit 0.99)

-Homocysteine ​​always in the upper limit

-Cortisol basal always in the upper limit

-My thyroid axis is in fairly good levels. (seen in analytics)

-Estrogens have also come out in range (seen in analytics) -Several analyzes of T4, T3, TSH and rt3 have turned out very well

I did an analysis of fatty acids in erythrocytes, to see relation o3-o6 and if the fat composition of my membranes was good and, it was.

All these markers make me think that it has to do with some inflammatory process that I can not solve (prolactin, homocysteine ​​and cortisol) but I dont know.

Later I will attach the history of my analytics, to debate them.  I will edit the first post in daily mode, to put updates, performances etc ... 

Summary: 

- Good energy management, according to my thyroid analytics. 

- Androgenic hormones in range (lower range) but DHT above the upper limit. 

- No signs of virilization, very poor. Very little hair on face and body but very dense hair (in head)

- Discarded hypogonadism, I am quite tall, and I have an acceptable musculature.

- Prolactin, cortisol and homocysteine ​​always high.   

-Changing sexual desire. 

I am currently supplementing with a complex of vitamins B and folic acid (to decrease homocysteine level) but I need a complete stack to change the way of my metabolism.

Am I in the correct section?? 

My suspicions are related to:  - Low sensitivity of androgen receptors  - Low dopaminergic tone (prolactin and libido)  - Some conflict (I do not know which) (prolactin, homocysteine ​​and basal cortisol) - Something related to the methylation cycle  

I appreciate opinions, please!

#2 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:57 AM

Look into cycling mucuna pruriens, not an extract, but the whole herb. It should help lower prolactin levels and optimize androgens.

Ashwagandha should help lower cortisol, as well as phosphatidylserine.

B-vitamins, especially folate, ought to help with the homocysteine. 

On the whole, you might want to look into your diet and lifestyle in general. Overstressed? Working out too much without enough rest days? Not sleeping enough or don't have a regular sleeping pattern? How's your diet look? Are you getting adequate nutrients, enough fat, enough protein, enough healthy carbs, enough leafy greens? Do you eat organic foods? Many pesticides and herbicides have deleterious effects on the endocrine system.

Yoga is a great way to regulate the endocrine system, switching the body back into parasympathetic dominance, or "rest and digest" mode, instead of fight or flight mode. It also helps to squeeze endocrine glands, flushing them with fresh blood, and lowers cortisol. Look into it ;)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 swarrior

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:40 PM

Look into cycling mucuna pruriens, not an extract, but the whole herb. It should help lower prolactin levels and optimize androgens.

Ashwagandha should help lower cortisol, as well as phosphatidylserine.

B-vitamins, especially folate, ought to help with the homocysteine. 

On the whole, you might want to look into your diet and lifestyle in general. Overstressed? Working out too much without enough rest days? Not sleeping enough or don't have a regular sleeping pattern? How's your diet look? Are you getting adequate nutrients, enough fat, enough protein, enough healthy carbs, enough leafy greens? Do you eat organic foods? Many pesticides and herbicides have deleterious effects on the endocrine system.

Yoga is a great way to regulate the endocrine system, switching the body back into parasympathetic dominance, or "rest and digest" mode, instead of fight or flight mode. It also helps to squeeze endocrine glands, flushing them with fresh blood, and lowers cortisol. Look into it ;)

Hi, thank you very much for answering me!
I'm going to start testing different supplements to lower the markers that worry me.

1-Mucuna pruriens 660mg which are approximately 50 mg of L-Dopa. I will use it for the subject of prolactin and my hypothesis of my low dopaminergic tone. (In the morning)

2-Ashwagandha (ksm-66) which is standardized. I will use 500 mg to 1000 mg in two doses, after eating and after dinner. (Cortisol and stress)

3-Vitamin B complex (homocysteine)

My idea is to do an analysis within 2-3 months seeing the following markers:

-prolactin
Basal cortisol
-androgens (hormones)
-homocysteine

what do you think?

#4 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:10 AM

what do you think?

Sounds like a solid plan to me! 

#5 swarrior

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:50 AM

Upgrade: My stack of supplements:

-Vitamins B

-Mucuna

-Ashwagandha

I read a lot about the effects of mucuna pruriens, but I have not noticed any of them.

I am with a dose of 150 mg L-Dopa (standardized extract) and I do not notice anything, about the libido, the mood .... nothing In fact I'm having worse libido, I do not understand anything. Are my L-dopa receptors damaged or desensitized?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 GoingPrimal

• 264 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 01:25 AM

Upgrade: My stack of supplements:

-Vitamins B

-Mucuna

-Ashwagandha

I read a lot about the effects of mucuna pruriens, but I have not noticed any of them.

I am with a dose of 150 mg L-Dopa (standardized extract) and I do not notice anything, about the libido, the mood .... nothing In fact I'm having worse libido, I do not understand anything. Are my L-dopa receptors damaged or desensitized?

I've never used standardized extracts, it's always been whole herb, in my case from Himalaya brand. As I understand it there are other goodies in the herb besides just L-Dopa. This brand of mucuna gives me reliable boosts in energy and libido, and the one standardized extract I used did not, but everyones chemistry is different.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users