elysium trials chromadex

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 bluemoon

• 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:18 AM

completed NR trial dates:

Elysium                         July 2016       general             250 mg / 500 mg  
U of Colorado                Oct 2016       aging related  1000 mg
U Minn/Mayo Clinic       Mar 2017      concussions      750 mg  
U Copenhagen              Apr 2017       obesity            2000 mg
Chromadex                   Jun 2017       general              100 mg / 300 mg / 1000 mg

Chromadex says it will release the results this summer. Elysium said last December it was sending the results for publication so maybe in fall or winter, yet they could always post the results on their website as they did for the percentage NR boosted NAD+. U of Colorado results likely out in fall or winter, right?

#2 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:17 AM

I think it is interesting that there have been no hints at the results of the Chromadex and Elysium NR trials. Chromadex makes NR to be the second coming of sliced bread, but I don't give those statements much weight. Elysium simply said they would send the results for publication. Ever since Elysium only put up NAD+ level increases that the results weren't that impressive, at least at the 250 mg dose.  

#3 Oakman

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

Here you go...results today apparently (from the agenda of the meeting) > http://www.longecity...clinical-trial/

#4 MightyMouse

• 42 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4905329/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25453901

http://www.scripps.edu/felding/           (This study used Nicotinamide. ChromaDex recently signed an agreement with Felding to extend to humans and use Niagen in breast cancer therapy)

MikeDC, you seem to be keeping eye on everything Niagen related. There was talk of Chromadex publishing results for large scale human trials this summer. But I can't find anything. Do you have any info on this?

#5 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

The University of Colorado trials data has been submitted to a top journal for publication and it was presented in a conference last week. It is under press embargo.

ChromaDex's own dose trial has been completed. It may have been submitted for publication also.

#6 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:47 PM

The University of Colorado trials data has been submitted to a top journal for publication and it was presented in a conference last week. It is under press embargo.

ChromaDex's own dose trial has been completed. It may have been submitted for publication also.

I have no knowledge on how this works.  What does it mean "under press embargo"???

Why would media need to hold off on news that was presented at the conference?

Perhaps it WAS PREVIOUSLY held, but now that the conference is over we can expect to see news in the coming weeks?

#7 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 11:15 PM

I have no knowledge on how this works. What does it mean "under press embargo"???

Why would media need to hold off on news that was presented at the conference?

Perhaps it WAS PREVIOUSLY held, but now that the conference is over we can expect to see news in the coming weeks?

Journals such as Nature require news blackout when the paper is being considered for publication. We will need to wait for the paper to be published.

#8 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

Journals such as Nature require news blackout when the paper is being considered for publication. We will need to wait for the paper to be published.

MikeDC, your posts have been crazy in the last few weeks. 

There has been no news blackout with respect to the conference last week. I think the U of Colorado study of just 8 people showed no positive benefit to taking NR but that is an extremely small sample.   

The reason we have not heard good news from Guarente's interview and the conference is because there was no good news. That doesn't mean NR is not helpful but from a business perspective, it has not been shown.   

#9 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:16 AM

There has been no news blackout with respect to the conference last week. I think the U of Colorado study of just 8 people showed no positive benefit to taking NR but that is an extremely small sample.

The reason we have not heard good news from Guarente's interview and the conference is because there was no good news. That doesn't mean NR is not helpful but from a business perspective, it has not been shown.

Who is crazy? You are making things up!

The trial has enrollment of 30 as shown from clinicaltrials.gov site.
Andrew Johnson replied to my email and said the results have been submitted to a top journal for publication and it is under press blackout. Top journals don't publish papers that shows nothing works. The CEO has been hinting that the result was good, at least good enough to interest some Fortune 500 companies.
  • Ill informed x 1

#10 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:08 AM

Andrew Johnson replied to my email and said the results have been submitted to a top journal for publication and it is under press blackout. Top journals don't publish papers that shows nothing works. The CEO has been hinting that the result was good, at least good enough to interest some Fortune 500 companies.

I received the same answer from another Chromadex person and believe the embargo is in place. Anyways we shall see.......

Edited by stefan_001, 17 July 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#11 bluemoon

• Topic Starter
  • 761 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:15 PM

Unlike you, I don't claim that NR walks on water without evidence.

Here is what is posted at Chromaex's website, aboutnr.com 

http://aboutnr.com/ongoing-research/

Safety & Efficacy of Nicotinamide Riboside Supplementation for Improving Physiological Function in Middle-Aged and Older Adults

University of Colorado, Boulder; ChromaDex Inc.
(participants n=8)
Dose: 250mg, 500mg, & 1,000mg

See that n = 8? Maybe that is a typo. I don't know. 

#12 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

I have lots of evidence that NR walks on water. Clinical trials will eventually prove it. Scientifically it has been proven that NAD+ is the convergence of aging and diseases.
  • Needs references x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: elysium, trials, chromadex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users