- - - - -

Question: Turmeric - Dose vs Timing?

turmeric

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HeyItsMeLC

• 65 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Hey all, taking turmeric to try to combat inflammation. 

Does anyone know if it is better to take a large single dose or various smaller doses spread out throughout the day for better efficacy?

(please exclude piperine from discussion)

#2 ron45

• 207 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

Yes, I do. My personal experience indicates that turmeric is not well absorbed by itself. Organic root powder is @ 10 bux a pound. Since I'd been taking several 00 caps a day for several years because it make your gut happy. When I suddenly started having pain which grew to about 8 or so on the ouch meter. Some on a guitar forum t told me to try turmeric w/bromelain and ginger. So I  taking the three together one tab/cap each of Brom. a ginger and 6  0 0 caps. Three times a day. In about 10 days the pain was gone. I still take 4 to 8 caps daily. It's been about 2 years still no inflammation. Both shoulders are pretty flakey feeling if I raise much weight over my head. But the do not hurt. 

The are products that isolate the curcuminoids for you and charge a lot more if you don't want to cap up your own that might be a good thing to try. Good Luck

Ron 

Just curious what wrong w/piperine. I just got told a few days ago that fresh ground black pepper had some synergy w/turmeric.

Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: turmeric

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users