• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

will a MRI scan show whats wrong with my brain ?

brain mri scan

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 Benko

• 221 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 02:29 AM

pamojja,

Nothing here should be construed as medical advise and I don't want to  nake this a habit, but in this case:

"Old infarction in the left cerebellum hemisphere mediobasal belonging to the current region of the cerebellar artery posterior inferior (6/40-44) from ap up to 3 cm, tranversal up to 1 <cm and craniokaudal scarcely 2cm size in each largest diameter."

That means there is an area in your cerebellum  aprox  3 x 1 x 2 cm which looks  like CSF/dead brain.  This could be caused by a stroke/infarct either around the time of your brith, or later  GIven that I don't have the actual images, other things which could look similar include congenital cysts.

Given cerebellum functions (see below) it is not obvious see how this could be the cause of chronic fatigue (no idea what ME means). 

a quick search indicates that perhaps malaria could do this.  NNItrogen intoxication/narcosis unlikely (more severe diving compliations are a different story). 

CEREBELLUM: The cerebellum receives information from the sensory systems, the spinal cord, and other parts of the brain and then regulates motor movements. The cerebellumcoordinates voluntary movements such as posture, balance, coordination, and speech, resulting in smooth and balanced muscular activity.Mar 5, 2015

#32 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 10:30 AM

pamojja,

Nothing here should be construed as medical advise and I don't want to  nake this a habit, but in this case:

"Old infarction in the left cerebellum hemisphere mediobasal belonging to the current region of the cerebellar artery posterior inferior (6/40-44) from ap up to 3 cm, tranversal up to 1 <cm and craniokaudal scarcely 2cm size in each largest diameter."

That means there is an area in your cerebellum  aprox  3 x 1 x 2 cm which looks  like CSF/dead brain.  This could be caused by a stroke/infarct either around the time of your brith, or later  GIven that I don't have the actual images, other things which could look similar include congenital cysts.

Given cerebellum functions (see below) it is not obvious see how this could be the cause of chronic fatigue (no idea what ME means). 

a quick search indicates that perhaps malaria could do this.  NNItrogen intoxication/narcosis unlikely (more severe diving compliations are a different story). 

CEREBELLUM: The cerebellum receives information from the sensory systems, the spinal cord, and other parts of the brain and then regulates motor movements. The cerebellum coordinates voluntary movements such as posture, balance, coordination, and speech, resulting in smooth and balanced muscular activity.Mar 5, 2015

Thanks for the response. It's confusing, because never had any symptoms related to cerebellum's functions. And therefore also think, it must have happened very early in life (when I had a number conditions: pneumonia at birth, fever seizures with 2, meningitis with 7). Haven't looked yet at the pics even myself, because don't have a CD-drive anymore. Will head to the local internet coffee to get a copy on a usb-stick one of these days.

Also because cavities seem more likely to be visible on an MRI than a panoramic x-ray, as I just found out on this side: http://www.caviscan....avitations.html

CFS, ME/CFS, SEID are all the same term for the same at times very severe illness, for which no cause could be pinned down yet, and therefore most docs still believe it's 'all in your head'. Sort of similar situation as for farshed.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:07 PM

can MRI scans detect objects etc that might be stuck in your body? or is that x-ray or some other type of scan.

#34 Benko

• 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

Plain x rays are used to detect metal density objects e.g. Bone or metal in extremities.

Ct could be used other areas but if you aren't looking for metal or wood (which looks like air on eg CT), might not see it

#35 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:35 AM

had my scan, no idea what it was but I think it was MRI? it looked like this https://imgur.com/a/SOhnm
anyway I will get my results later, cant wait.

• unsure x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1

#36 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:27 PM

That means there is an area in your cerebellum  aprox  3 x 1 x 2 cm which looks  like CSF/dead brain.

Still can't find it..  :laugh:

Attached File  mri1.gif   866.15KB   0 downloads

However, found out my ears do look at times like the sankrit Om

Surprisingly most pictures are very low resolution, 160x160 pixel (Attached File  160.pdf   1.16MB   4 downloads)

Some at 256x256 (Attached File  256.pdf   826.47KB   3 downloads)

The file with 640x640 I had to split (Attached File  640_a.pdf   1.58MB   3 downloads + Attached File  640_b.pdf   1.44MB   7 downloads)

#37 Benko

• 221 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:59 PM

Pamojja,

The one you had to split, 2nd set of images, image 7.  The white part of your left cerebellum closest to midline looks typical for a cerebellar infarct i.e. prior CVA.  Doesn't mean for sure it is.

• Informative x 1

#38 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:08 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.

But I find these bizarre structures, wormholes, butterflies, corrals and what not, much more fascinating. It seems really all is in the head..

Edited by pamojja, 13 April 2018 - 09:15 PM.

#39 kurdishfella

• Topic Starter
  • 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:28 PM

But I find these bizarre structures, wormholes, butterflies, corrals and what not, much more fascinating. It seems really all is in the head..

I suggest therapy and meditation for your Pamojja , your anxiety is all in your head/thoughts  like you said  .

Edited by farshad, 13 April 2018 - 09:29 PM.

#40 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 09:35 PM

I suggest therapy and meditation for your Pamojja , your anxiety is all in your head/thoughts  like you said  .

No anxiety, fascination, as said. But otherwise am a hopeless case ;). Because in the past I've already been for 2 years meditating in a Burmese forest monastery. And due to having some therapy-training myself, no affordable therapist (ie. paid by insurance) till now met my specifications..

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#41 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 14 April 2018 - 09:13 PM

By the way, I explicitly didn't say 'is all in the thoughts'. Thoughts are just a minor part of human existence. Already feelings (like the anxiety you experience) can't be 'thought' away. But surely they can be observed as thoughts and emotion and bodily feelings and all other sense stimuli, as they come, and go, all by themself.

But what I rather meant with 'seems really is all in the head' you'll understand once you google "The boy without brain".

Edited by pamojja, 14 April 2018 - 09:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users