Excellent Auwerx review of NAD+ Modulation

nr; nmn; cd38 ; parps nad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:36 AM

I am not in favour of starting new threads and add to the fragmention but I would like to point to an excellent overview that shouldn't drown in the constant bickering and resentment here.

The subjects of NAD+levels, NAD precursors, and inhibition of NAD+guzzlers are all discussed. Excellent article for all who have a genuine interest in these matters.

http://sci-hub.tw/ht.../embj.201797135

Edited by Harkijn, 02 May 2018 - 06:37 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • like x 1

#2 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:54 AM

Absolutely ! I was present at the PhD thesis of Elena Katsyuba and chat with Johan Auwerx. These are outstanding scientists and are working on these and other matters since so many years. Check out also their site at EPFL: https://auwerx-lab.epfl.ch/home

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#3 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

I am in favor of starting new threads when a new subject is being discussed, so that things don't get lost by virtue of being buried in with a discussion about something different. Of course, for this to work, it requires the use of subject lines that reflect the distinctive content of the thread. The subject "NAD+" for this thread is probably not such a subject line ;) . Harkjin, may I edit your subject line — something like "Excellent [your adjective] Auwerx review of NAD+ Modulation", or one of your suggestion?

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#4 Harkijn

• Topic Starter
  • 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:05 PM

I am in favor of starting new threads when a new subject is being discussed, so that things don't get lost by virtue of being buried in with a discussion about something different. Of course, for this to work, it requires the use of subject lines that reflect the distinctive content of the thread. The subject "NAD+" for this thread is probably not such a subject line ;) . Harkjin, may I edit your subject line — something like "Excellent [your adjective] Auwerx review of NAD+ Modulation", or one of your suggestion?

Ok Michael, go ahead!

#5 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

And btw, I think recollecting, for being asked in a seminar about a year ago and for what it matters, Auwerx is taking 250 mg NR.

• like x 1

#6 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

Absolutely ! I was present at the PhD thesis of Elena Katsyuba and chat with Johan Auwerx. These are outstanding scientists and are working on these and other matters since so many years. Check out also their site at EPFL: https://auwerx-lab.epfl.ch/home

See also the recent progress:

Katsyuba E, Mottis A, Zietak M, et al. De novo NAD synthesis enhances mitochondrial function and improves health. Nature. 2018

https://www.nature.c...1586-018-0645-6

• Informative x 1

#7 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:34 PM

We also characterize two potent and selective inhibitors of ACMSD. Because expression of ACMSD is largely restricted to kidney and liver, these inhibitors may have therapeutic potential for protection of these tissues from injury. In summary, we identify ACMSD as a key modulator of cellular NAD+ levels, sirtuin activity and mitochondrial homeostasis in kidney and liver.

I was looking at this earlier today.  Apparently there are two ACMSD inhibitors (TES-1025) that upregulate NAD+.  Doesn't seem to be much info about them or natural regulators of ACMSD.

#8 Harkijn

• Topic Starter
  • 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 November 2018 - 04:12 PM

For completeness I think I would be useful to place a link here posted already elsewhere by reason:

https://www.fightagi...lines-with-age/

#9 albedo

• 2,068 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 March 2019 - 12:50 PM

Haematopoietic stem cells (HSC) reside in the bone marrow and have the unique ability to give rise to all of the different mature blood cell types and tissues.

I was pointed by a collaborator in the Auwerx’s team to this recent work re NAD+ booster Nicotinamide Riboside increasing HSC effects:

“…Our work demonstrates for the first time a positive effect of NAD+-boosting strategies on the most primitive blood stem cells, establishing a link between HSC mitochondrial stress, mitophagy, and stem-cell fate decision, and unveiling the potential of NR to improve recovery of patients suffering from hematological failure including post chemo- and radiotherapy…”

Vannini N, Campos V, Girotra M, et al. The NAD-Booster Nicotinamide Riboside Potently Stimulates Hematopoiesis through Increased Mitochondrial Clearance. Cell Stem Cell. 2019;24(3):405-418.e7.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nr; nmn; cd38 ; parps, nad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users