- - - - -

Need help with something that is causing meds to stop working

psoriasis gastrointestinal symptoms brain fog

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 07:51 PM

Very saddened to hear of your troubles.  I hope you find relief and answers very soon.  Please update when you do as I've never heard an account like this.  My sympathies and best wishes to a speedy recovery.  

#32 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 December 2018 - 08:43 PM

Eradication of H. Pylori failed. I still tested positive. I got cheilosis which CAN be indication of B2 deficiency.

Could it really be that this bacteria is impairing my digestion and causing malnutrition? My cognitive abilities got really bad. I can't understand simple sentences sometimes.

Anyway, I refused the L-DOPA for now. I'll be hospitilized very soon.

Have you tried amphetamines for your issues or just ritilan. Complete different worlds imo reuptake inhibitors suck.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 09:41 PM

Adrafinil didn't worked. 

Currently I've been prescribed pramipexole. And yes, I'm little bit afraid of side effects and DAWS.

And methylphenidate works only if I take it with a meal, which is really weird.

I don't think this is strange at all.  It might just be an issue of your brain getting the raw materials to produce the catecholamines and the glucose and glycogen to keep energy up.  You don't have them before a meal.  You do have them after a meal.  

I could especially see this as the case if your diet is low in quality protein.

A way to test this is to start taking tyrosine before bed.  If you take it at the same time as the ritalin it might be too anxiogenic and cause headaches.  

• Good Point x 1

#34 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 01:37 AM

It definitely seems like H. Pylori could be a factor.  Hope eradication is successful.  

#35 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• Topic Starter
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:23 PM

I don't think this is strange at all. It might just be an issue of your brain getting the raw materials to produce the catecholamines and the glucose and glycogen to keep energy up. You don't have them before a meal. You do have them after a meal.

I could especially see this as the case if your diet is low in quality protein.

A way to test this is to start taking tyrosine before bed. If you take it at the same time as the ritalin it might be too anxiogenic and cause headaches.

That's what I'm thinking. Brain cant get proper levels of nutrients and all neurotransmitters are going down. Ritalin works by reuptake of dopamine. If the synthesis of neurotransmitters is impaired, there's too little dopamine to reuptake and the effects are weaker. Same with venlafaxine.

Damn I feel so bad, so dead. Almost nothing is happening in my head. I lay in bed most of the day.

I hope the docs in the hospital will at least fix my problem with drugs.

#36 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:17 PM

That's what I'm thinking. Brain cant get proper levels of nutrients and all neurotransmitters are going down. Ritalin works by reuptake of dopamine. If the synthesis of neurotransmitters is impaired, there's too little dopamine to reuptake and the effects are weaker. Same with venlafaxine.

Damn I feel so bad, so dead. Almost nothing is happening in my head. I lay in bed most of the day.

I would think this is an even more probable cause in combination with GI ailments which can dramatically decrease what's available to feed your body and mind with adequate nutrients and energy.  

#37 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

A way to test this is to start taking tyrosine before bed.   

Interesting point.  If you ever do test this and get results the next morning with Ritalin, let us know.  Wouldn't tyrosine interfere with sleep?  

#38 CWF1986

• 224 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

^

It hasn't been my personal experience for tyrosine to effect my sleep.  I know it's not uncommon.  As always YMMV :)

#39 cat-nips

• 226 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 04:11 PM

Dosage, type, brand, stack?  NALT or just L-T?  

#40 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

Have you tried amphetamine?

#41 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

Dosage, type, brand, stack? NALT or just L-T?

Seems like L Tyrosine is better than NALT:

https://blog.pricepl...pics/l-tyrosine

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#42 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• Topic Starter
  • 179 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 06:17 PM

We don't have amphetamine in our country. Only on the streets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users