• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Has the Batti Study been reproduced/replicated yet?

c60oo c60 olive oil batti study reproduced replicated

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Fanatik

• 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:49 AM

In its entirety has the Batti Study been reproduced?

Edited by Fanatik, 21 May 2018 - 02:49 AM.

#2 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,050 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:18 PM

No. Not to the exact specifications of the original experiment.

A few tests have been conducted, but nothing spectacular has been found.

AgeVivo (LongeCity member) conducted a small test on pet mice at home.

A lifespan study conducted in the Ukraine failed to show life extension.

Ichor has run a couple different studies with mixed results. They found that many commercial C60 formulations had highly variable concentrations.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for C60 HEALTH to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Fanatik

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 10:30 PM

Thanks Mind.

As far as I can see the AgeVivo study did not look particularly reliable and there was no control group or olive oil only group.

Any chance you could link the Ukraine study?
  • Agree x 1

#4 Mind

• 19,050 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:17 PM

I am not sure if the Ukraine study was published. It was a crowd-funded effort. I believe member S123 knows the researcher. Send him a message to get more details. If you get the data, please post it here.

Yes, AgeVivo's effort was just a "home-grown" experiment. I was just listing what I have seen - without consideration of the set-up.

#5 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 05:52 PM

I would be very surprised if a molecule like that had any positive pharmacological effect. If any at all.

• Ill informed x 3
  • Needs references x 1
  • unsure x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • like x 1

#6 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:47 PM

No. Not to the exact specifications of the original experiment.

A few tests have been conducted, but nothing spectacular has been found.

AgeVivo (LongeCity member) conducted a small test on pet mice at home.

A lifespan study conducted in the Ukraine failed to show life extension.

Ichor has run a couple different studies with mixed results. They found that many commercial C60 formulations had highly variable concentrations.

With all due respect, we don't know what Ichor has found since they've never published anything.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 22 May 2018 - 06:54 PM

I would be very surprised if a molecule like that had any positive pharmacological effect. If any at all.

C60 is known to stimulate stem cells. See Fullerene mediates proliferation and cardiomyogenic differentiation of adipose-derived stem cells via modulation of MAPK pathway and cardiac protein expression. One mechanism not recognized in the published research is the possibility of C60 blocking UCP2 pores. These pores are known to disappear at the same time stem cells begin proliferation. Other particles known to influence stem cells are silver and gold particles, which points to the mechanism being dependent on geometry rather than chemistry. That properly prepared C60 is a good antioxidant is a bonus.

• Informative x 3
  • like x 2
  • Agree x 2

#8 Fanatik

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 08:23 PM

If one was too want to do this experiment at home without access to wistar rats would 5 domestically available rat per group(c60oo, oo, control) be sufficient or would you need to increase the sample sizes?

#9 Mind

• 19,050 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 06:50 PM

If one was too want to do this experiment at home without access to wistar rats would 5 domestically available rat per group(c60oo, oo, control) be sufficient or would you need to increase the sample sizes?

I tried to get the Wistar rats that Baati used, but the animal foundries would only sell to a "regulated facility".

If you were going to do an experiment at home, anything would be better than nothing...since data is so sparse with regards to C60oo. I think Baati started with middle-aged animals.

#10 Fanatik

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:13 AM

Yep that's the same issue I ran into.

@Mind do you know if the Olive oil caloric value was removed from the calorie intake of those groups taking it or if it was added on top?

Edited by Fanatik, 25 May 2018 - 10:14 AM.

#11 Mind

• 19,050 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:47 PM

Not sure where to get the full paper: https://www.scienced...003237?via=ihub

• Informative x 1

#12 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

Not sure where to get the full paper: https://www.scienced...003237?via=ihub

FULL TEXT:

• Informative x 1

#13 platypus

• 2,386 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 12:06 PM

I cannot fathom why this study has not been replicated. It's been 6 years! I'm willing to donate 1000$ for a serious effort to replicate the study. Someone should take the lead in crowdfunding and ask for proposals for teams willing to replicate the study.

• Agree x 4

#14 Fanatik

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2018 - 08:34 PM

When I was looking at getting the wistar rats i got a price of $18000 (think this was for 30) just for them alone. I would be interested in putting together a price to have it done but I do think it may be outside of how much the community may raise.
Was concidering raising funds for my reproduction in the form of a monthly subscriptions of like $10+.
  • Informative x 1

#15 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 31 May 2018 - 01:41 PM

Lifespan studies are seriously expensive. I wonder if it would be possible to persuade the National Institute of Aging to include C60 in olive oil to their Interventions Testing Program for mice.

www.nia.nih.gov/research/dab/interventions-testing-program-itp/compounds-testing

• Agree x 1

#16 QuestforLife

• NO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:07 AM

Anyone posted this paper yet?

https://onlinelibrar.../mawe.201300082

Abstract: In vitro experiments have shown that C60 fullerenes exhibit cytotoxic effects against tumor cells and modulate the cytotoxic activity of immune cells. In vivo therapeutic experiments on the model of Lewis lung carcinoma showed that C60 fullerenes exhibit an antimetastatic effect (reduction of metastases by 27%), which is realized by activating macrophages and stimulating the synthesis of humoral factors, which significantly increase the cytotoxicity of treated animals serum.

What was interesting is that it worked by activating the macrophages - which we know from the Baati study were absolutely chock full of the stuff in the spleen. So it looks likely that C60 is anti cancer because it activates the innate immune system. Yet through its antioxidant action it actually suppresses the acquired immune system. In the study I linked to using a cancer vaccine with C60 fullerenes actually caused the cancer to spread more, yet both were effective individually.

I find this extremely interesting because old school cancer treatments, which were often able to completely cure even advanced cancer, involved infecting the patients so that they got a fever; see:

https://www.ncbi.nlm...98/#!po=62.0000

Edited by QuestforLife, 01 June 2018 - 07:11 AM.

• Informative x 3

#17 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

When I was looking at getting the wistar rats i got a price of $18000 (think this was for 30) just for them alone. I would be interested in putting together a price to have it done but I do think it may be outside of how much the community may raise.
Was concidering raising funds for my reproduction in the form of a monthly subscriptions of like $10+.

Do you mean $1,800 US or $18,000 US?

See this source:  https://www.criver.c...-us-pricing.pdf

#18 Fanatik

• Topic Starter
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

Do you mean $1,800 US or $18,000 US?

See this source:  https://www.criver.c...-us-pricing.pdf

Pricing was in AUD 18,000.

I can remember the whole story but a large part of it was buying them at 10 months old and they only keep them for 10 weeks normally. So you need to buy extra rats in case some die before the 10 month mark. I also think that I might have been looking at 4 group of 10. Water, Olive oil, C60 Olive Oil, and C60 Olive oil on a continued dose. Probably factoring in 50 with 10 deaths before 10 months (excessive but better than not having the complete sample sizes I intended)
https://bit.ly/2kJhoty take a look at page 6, second last line. ( Had to call to get the pricing I did)

#19 DJDbol

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2019 - 07:10 PM

Olive oil only rats did pretty damn well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60oo, c60 olive oil, batti study, reproduced, replicated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users