My supplements

stack supplements

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OP2040

• 570 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

I refuse to use the word stack lol.  But I would like to share my experience, and get some feedback on my supplements routine.

I'm sharing because something I've taken in the last few months or so is having some positive effect.  That doesn't sound like a big deal, except for the fact that I've never had any supplement have any noticeable positive effect in my entire life until now.

Generally, I try to follow a simple rule.  I try to find one "best in class" intervention for each of the 9 hallmarks of aging, so that's how I will frame my list. It also helps to keep costs down if I try to stick to this formula.  It would be interesting if you all could let me know if you think these are truly the best available for each hallmark.

1. Genomic Instability - NMN (250 mg/daily)

This is my main candidate for what has been working.  Since I started taking it, I've had lots of positive changes.

2. Telomere Attrition - Cycloastragenal (10 mg/daily)

This is also a recent one, and therefore a candidate for my recent success.  However, I'm skeptical this would have any noticeable effects right away,

especially at this dose.

3. Loss of Proteostasis - Trehalose (5-10 grams daily)

This is definitely a protein stabilizer, but I use it mainly for prevention or reversal of any possible atherosclerosis.  Don't ask me how I get it into my

bloodstream, just trust lol

4. Epigenetic Alterations - Butyrate (600 mg/daily)

This hallmark is by far the hardest to target.  And Butyrate only targets one methylation pathwat.  This is another recent addition.

5. Deregulated Nutrient Sensing - NMN (250 mg/daily)

I know NMN only covers the Sirtuin pathway, which is only one of the 4 pathways.  However, deregulated nutrient sensing is not on the

top of my list for intervening as I don't think it will matter once all the others are covered.  It's more of a stopgap.

6. Mitochondrial Dysfunction - MitoQ (10 mg/daily)

This is the best for mitochondria simply because it actually reaches the mitochondria, but a lot of the evidence is still preliminary.

7. Cellular Senescence - FOX04-dri

I haven't taken this yet, but I know it is controversial.  I choose it because all the other known senolytics are far from comprehensive.  The closest one,

Rapamycin, is both hard to get and has side effects.

8. Stem Cell Exhaustion - I know of no effective intervention for maintaining stem cells, a little help here.

9. Altered Intercellular Communication - Curcumin (750 mg/daily)

This hallmark is a rather broad category covering inflammation and the ECM.  As expected, there are many inflammatory pathways, so my goal here

would be to find something upstream to target inflammation.  Curcumin seems like a good starting candidate, but there is probably much progress to

be made here.

As stated, I do try to keep it to these categories, but I have a few others that don't fall directly into a category:

a. B-complex (specifically for methyl folate)

b. Taurine

c. Broccoli Sprout Extracts (for anti-cancer and to add to the effectiveness of NMN)

That's it, love to hear what you guys think! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stack, supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users