- - - - -

Founder of the NAD Treatment Center - Tom Ingoglia

nad podcast tom ingoglia

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 onz

• 117 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 12:54 AM

Our next guest on the Longecity Podcast is Tom Ingoglia.

Tom founded the NAD+ treatment centre after spending years battling chronic and illusive health problems, nothing helped him until he came across a clinic that offered intravenous NAD+ therapy. 

NAD+ is a very popular topic among the Longecity community and no doubt Tom will be able to provide a lot of interesting insights into this field of health-span and life-span treatments.

You can read more about his story and his company on their website: https://www.nadtreat...om/tom-ingoglia

Let us know if you have any questions for Tom in the comments below! The interview is scheduled for the 25th July.

Attached Files

Edited by onz, 21 July 2018 - 12:55 AM.

#2 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 02:42 AM

Question: how much does it cost? 

also: how often does one need to do this to see results? 

#3 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 21 July 2018 - 08:31 AM

Question can it help people with Alzheimer's? If so how much?

#4 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2018 - 04:31 PM

Question - How much NAD+ are they supplying in a patients bloodstream a day?

Question - Do they think  there  is an upper limit after which it is ineffective or dangerous, or is it just a matter of cost?

• like x 1

#5 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 04:42 PM

I'm hoping to see some tough questions and discussions of general science at a high and informative level.

LongeCity podcasts should not be a platform for commercial promotions.  

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • like x 1

#6 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:43 PM

Your health recovery anecdote is compelling, but do you have disinterested evidence that raising NAD+ in the blood of healthy people provides any health benefits?
  • Agree x 3

#7 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2018 - 07:01 PM

Your health recovery anecdote is compelling, but do you have disinterested evidence that raising NAD+ in the blood of healthy people provides any health benefits?

Good question.  They've been doing these NAD IV clinics for many years now, charging a lot of money, and seems to be really growing.

Hard to believe that would be so, unless it was effective.

But is there any research that shows the effectiveness, in mice or humans?

Edited by able, 22 July 2018 - 07:02 PM.

#8 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 22 July 2018 - 10:05 PM

Question:Is there anywhere in the UK that one can get this treatment?

#9 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 11:15 PM

I'm hoping to see some tough questions and discussions of general science at a high and informative level.

LongeCity podcasts should not be a platform for commercial promotions.  

These are legitimate concerns. We don't usually seek out commercial enterprises. Unfortunately many of the top start-ups in the rejuvenation space and the scientists doing the original research are very tough to book on the podcast

NAD+ is a hot topic in the forums lately. There is value in finding out whether or not "clinics" such as this, have any grounding in the biochemistry of aging, are meticulous in their approach, or not worth our attention.

I will be cautious to not allow the interview devolve into a "commercial" for the service. In some past interviews with entrepreneurs, I have not even allowed them to say the name of their company.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#10 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 12:57 AM

What advantage does nad+ iv treatment have over self treament by injection, dmso or even dripping in with an insulin pump?

Or even using the slower acting nicotinamide plus ribose method?

Iow what is your value add here?
  • like x 1

#11 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:36 PM

Question: how much does it cost? 

also: how often does one need to do this to see results? 

Hi, This is Tom Ingoglia.  I have been a member of this community for about 15 years.  How much you need depends upon your situation and the quality of the NAD treatment.  For longevity purposes in a healthy person, the clinic recommends 6 days of treatment of its own NAD protocol.

It's sort of one and done when done this way according to Bill Faloon of Life Extension.  

https://www.youtube....?v=1JcfGp6p1Ag   Go to minute 22:44

Currently we charge $1,150 per day.  

Disclaimer:  I am not a doctor.  NAD is not an FDA approved drug.  Results will vary with NAD.  

Edited by pinballwizard, 25 July 2018 - 01:39 PM.

• Informative x 2
  • like x 1

#12 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 01:51 PM

Question - How much NAD+ are they supplying in a patients bloodstream a day?

Question - Do they think  there  is an upper limit after which it is ineffective or dangerous, or is it just a matter of cost?

For question #1.  It really depends on the purity of the product, the incipients and the freshness of the NAD and what other ancillaries are used in the treatment.  It depends upon the health of the individual.  It depends upon how well they take the NAD.  NAD demethylates and while it's not as strong as niacin in this process, its something to be concerned about.   250mg all the way up to 1.5 Grams.   Some people cannot handle dosages the clinic gives to them.  More is not always better.    

For question #2.  Yes.  I think there is an upper limit based upon effectiveness and safety.  Safety is much further up in dosage, usually, IMHO.  Like anything, there are certain things that a practitioner experienced in NAD treatment needs to do.  Pregnant women, Cancer, Acute Fluoroquinolone Toxcity syndrome would be just a few things our clinic rules out, because the side effects are unknown.  

• Informative x 1

#13 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:01 PM

We have collected data up until the NAD conference that we held in late January of 2018.  It's non-IRB data.  I can make that available.  There really is not too much research in this area right now.  Case studies and experiments on the pharmakokinetics and sirtuin activation among other things were discussed.  I will make those videos to the non-attendees at some point in the future.    

• like x 1

#14 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:35 PM

These are legitimate concerns. We don't usually seek out commercial enterprises. Unfortunately many of the top start-ups in the rejuvenation space and the scientists doing the original research are very tough to book on the podcast

NAD+ is a hot topic in the forums lately. There is value in finding out whether or not "clinics" such as this, have any grounding in the biochemistry of aging, are meticulous in their approach, or not worth our attention.

I will be cautious to not allow the interview devolve into a "commercial" for the service. In some past interviews with entrepreneurs, I have not even allowed them to say the name of their company.

Agree.  These are legitmate concerns.  I hope I am adding to the community in a humanitarian way and not profiting from it.  Aging is a something that we should all be concerned without a "profit" motive.

This has been mission driven from the beginning with a focus on longevity and the drug epidemic.  I am more interested in talking about adding value by what our non-profit Center for Research on Addiction and Brain Health wants to provide.  Currently,  we want to combine NAD with other potential age reversal protocols and give people access to measuring their biological age.  We are interested in brain health.  We are also very interested in an Alzheimer's IRB observational study.  We want to use NAD to combat addiction for which it works marvelously well.

• like x 1

#15 Mind

• 18,981 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:52 PM

Knowing that Tom is a very long-term participant in the forum, makes this interview a little more interesting for sure.

• Cheerful x 1

#16 pinballwizard

• Life Member
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 02:52 PM

What advantage does nad+ iv treatment have over self treament by injection, dmso or even dripping in with an insulin pump?

Or even using the slower acting nicotinamide plus ribose method?

Iow what is your value add here?

These are great questions for the podcast.  I promise I will answer them then.  

What is my value add here?

The strength of this community is that we do things together and support one another.  As far as value add, the non-profit and clinic wants to provide aging markers and aging clocks to this community which may be doing their own self-experimentation.  We also want to aggressively fund and manage funding for NAD studies and non-nad studies that may reverse aging.  We want to create conferences from nothing like NAD conference last January.  We want to sponsor conferences like RAADFEST this September here in San Diego.  

• Cheerful x 1

#17 Mind

• 18,981 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:02 PM

Yes, let us save a few questions for the podcast...so a wider audience will be able to benefit.

#18 Mind

• 18,981 posts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 06:34 PM

This podcast episode is now available: https://www.longecity.org/podcast/

Tom has agreed to post some references that back-up the assertion that NAD treatment (or NAD boosting supplements) have a meaningful affect on human health and some age-related diseases. Also, one question I did not get to, but Reason alluded to in a recent blog post, is how can you tell if NAD is having a rejuvenation effect? Could it be that NAD treatment just makes an "old engine" (human metabolism) just run a little faster.

• Good Point x 2

#19 zorba990

• 1,601 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

Thanks for posting this. Do you know how much they are infusing over 1 day / 8/hr treatment?
Is nad water soluble? If not what is the infusion medium and where are the controls for a proper summative study? (Controls that would get only the iv medium and attention).
If nad works this well suspect this forum to come up with a lower cost method like liposomal, nicotinamide + adenine + ribose, or using an insulin pod to deliver it subq.

Edited by zorba990, 19 August 2018 - 07:53 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad, podcast, tom ingoglia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users