Duloxetine and Melatonin

melatonin duloxetine cymbalta snri

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 giant

• 24 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

Does anyone know what the interaction might be with melatonin and duloxetine?

My situation is this, I haven't taken melatonin in quite some time but in recent days, in an attempt to get my sleeping pattern back into good shape, I have been taking it at night, about 1mg. The melatonin I use is prescribed so I assume it is rather pure. 

At about 11pm I take my daily dose of Duloxetine SNRI (30mg). I take it in the evenings as it usually makes me feel tired during the day if I take it in the morning. Even taking it at night at 11pm, I still don't seem to get myself sleeping before 2am, some nights I do but a lot of nights I don't. So I added meltonin into the mix - about 1mg of the powder taken at midnight, 1hr after taking the duloxetine. 

I have been taking the melatonin for two nights now, and I have been finding that I am able to get off to sleep rather quickly (although last night I could not get to sleep until around 2AM despite taking melatonin at midnight for some unknown reason). However, on the first night of taking the melatonin, I woke at 5am (which is unusual for me) I went to the toliet and then got back into bed and within a few minutes I went to sleep again.... I then woke at 12PM. However, throughout the day I could feel a mild amount of tiredness that I normally don't experience on a daily basis. 

On the second night (last night/Saturday night into Sunday morning) I took the melatonin at about 11:30pm (about 30 mins after taking duloxetine). This time, I woke naturally without any alarm clocks, at 8:30am. Initially I felt rather refreshed, so I got up, made some breakfast, and watched TV. 

By 10AM I felt very sleepy that I went back to bed for a nap and woke naturally at 11:30am. However, all day today I have just felt this lingering fatigue that I don't normally experience on a day to day basis and it felt stronger than it did after the first night. 

Personally, I suspect there is some sort of interaction going on with the Duloxetine and the melatonin. 

Is anyone able to shed some light onto this?

Thanks in advance :) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: melatonin, duloxetine, cymbalta, snri

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users