• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Cycling Protocols for NAD+ Precursors

nad+ nmn cycling supplements sulforaphane sublingual bioavailability tolerance downregulation

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

#61 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:10 AM

And a very speedy response countering Chromadex's Dr. Brenner:

"We appreciate the authors’ insightful comments and the opportunity to clarify the important issues related to our recent publication2. However, their claim of ‘absence of evidence’ has no concrete foundation and the data in our article strongly support our conclusion that Slc12a8 is an NMN transporter, although there are still many interesting questions regarding the structure and function of Slc12a8 as an NMN transporter."

https://www.nature.c...DUOdTkcoS9pdnYo

• Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#62 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:46 AM

https://www.nature.c...2255-019-0085-0

The new Fig. 2 in the response by Grozio et al. makes matters worse because they did not analyse what an NMN standard looks like in the hepatocyte extract and decided to quantify a peak that has inexplicably drifted from a 22-min retention time to a 19-min retention time.
Previous work on FK866-resistant NMN incorporation showed quantitative dependence on nicotinamide riboside kinase 1, quantitative extracellular conversion of NMN to nicotinamide riboside and intracellular detection of nicotinamide riboside before formation of intracellular NMN1. Moreover, it has been demonstrated that modification of the phosphate in extracellularly applied NMN is required to activate the widely expressed sterile alpha and TIR motif-containing protein 1 (SARM1) to induce an NMN-dependent cell death pathway because NMN itself is not transported7.

Edited by MikeDC, 24 November 2019 - 03:05 AM.

• Ill informed x 4
  • Informative x 3
  • dislike x 1

#63 able

• 851 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2020 - 09:55 PM

https://www.nature.c...2255-019-0085-0

The new Fig. 2 in the response by Grozio et al. makes matters worse because they did not analyse what an NMN standard looks like in the hepatocyte extract and decided to quantify a peak that has inexplicably drifted from a 22-min retention time to a 19-min retention time.
Previous work on FK866-resistant NMN incorporation showed quantitative dependence on nicotinamide riboside kinase 1, quantitative extracellular conversion of NMN to nicotinamide riboside and intracellular detection of nicotinamide riboside before formation of intracellular NMN1. Moreover, it has been demonstrated that modification of the phosphate in extracellularly applied NMN is required to activate the widely expressed sterile alpha and TIR motif-containing protein 1 (SARM1) to induce an NMN-dependent cell death pathway because NMN itself is not transported7.

Interesting how technical you suddenly became.

That sounds nothing like the language you or any laymen normally use.  Did Dr Brenner or someone at Chromadex feed you that quote, or did you copy from somwhere?

• Good Point x 3
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • like x 1

#64 elc202

• 83 posts

Posted 23 May 2021 - 06:39 AM

If you are going to take NR two times per week, is it better to take it two days in a row, or separate days?

I take sulforaphane everyday.

Edited by elc202, 23 May 2021 - 06:40 AM.

• unsure x 1

#65 LawrenceW

• 402 posts

Posted 27 May 2021 - 03:04 PM

If you are going to take NR two times per week, is it better to take it two days in a row, or separate days?

Back in 2016 I took 1,000 mg of NR daily for 3 months and had zero beneficial changes in my blood biomarkers. In my opinion, it doesn't matter what regimen you use on NR, as you are not going to get any objective results anyhow.

Edited by LawrenceW, 27 May 2021 - 03:14 PM.

• unsure x 2
  • Informative x 1

#66 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 06:41 PM

Interesting how technical you suddenly became.

That sounds nothing like the language you or any laymen normally use.  Did Dr Brenner or someone at Chromadex feed you that quote, or did you copy from somwhere?

google shows its a copy and paste from a nature.com article that is behind a paywall 

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Enjoying the show x 3

#67 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 28 May 2021 - 07:37 PM

are you eating broccoli or taking a sulforaphane supplement? 

Dr Jeff Fahey tested all the SF supplements on the market and found them to be junk except for one from Europe, name escapes me. He talked about this with Rhonda recently, interview can be found on YT

To get the most SF from broccoli try this 

https://www.reddit.c...large_doses_of/

Edited by Phoebus, 28 May 2021 - 07:37 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#68 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2021 - 06:28 PM

If you plan to take NR two times per week, save your money and don't bother. You WILL NOT achieve anything significant with such regimen.

• Agree x 3
  • unsure x 2

#69 elc202

• 83 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:25 AM

are you eating broccoli or taking a sulforaphane supplement? 

Dr Jeff Fahey tested all the SF supplements on the market and found them to be junk except for one from Europe, name escapes me. He talked about this with Rhonda recently, interview can be found on YT

To get the most SF from broccoli try this 

https://www.reddit.c...large_doses_of/

I think you mean prostaphane? it is very expensive, I saw an online store selling it now.

Jed fahey recommends others too but he says they are not as good as prostaphane, since the other ones need to be converted to sulforaphane.

He is involved with a company that produces their own broccoli extract (truebroc) and sell it to supplement companies (thorne, swanson..etc) but oddly enough I don't see myrosinase in their extract, even though several times he mentioned how important myrosinase is.

Thanks for the link, the post is great. The subreddit seems good too, i will be following it.

• Good Point x 1

#70 elc202

• 83 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 07:30 AM

If you plan to take NR two times per week, save your money and don't bother. You WILL NOT achieve anything significant with such regimen.

What is the minimum times per week do I need? the dosage I use is 200 or 300mg.

Thanks,

• unsure x 1

#71 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2021 - 03:42 PM

What is the minimum times per week do I need? the dosage I use is 200 or 300mg.

Thanks,

300mg per day , every day, at minimum.

• Needs references x 1

#72 frederickson

• 281 posts

Posted 06 June 2021 - 01:46 PM

I think you mean prostaphane? it is very expensive, I saw an online store selling it now.

Jed fahey recommends others too but he says they are not as good as prostaphane, since the other ones need to be converted to sulforaphane.

He is involved with a company that produces their own broccoli extract (truebroc) and sell it to supplement companies (thorne, swanson..etc) but oddly enough I don't see myrosinase in their extract, even though several times he mentioned how important myrosinase is.

Thanks for the link, the post is great. The subreddit seems good too, i will be following it.

Great discussion.

Avmacol was the first product to market to contain myrosinase, which is necessary to convert glucoraphanin to sulforaphane.

While Prostaphane is a good product, it is very heat sensitive and hard to find in many places in the world. 

Avmacol has the most clinical trials published/underway of any of the commercially-available supplements (including Prostaphane) and I know that Fahey and his team have studied the product.

As a result, I think Avmacol is probably the best choice.

• Enjoying the show x 1

#73 Jose White

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2021 - 01:54 PM

Why NADH ?

As I understood, the benefit is from increasing the NAD+ to NADH ratio.     

NADH seems to be the exact opposite of everything we are trying to accomplish with NR or NMN.

Do you notice anything from it?  I have read that it affects mood, which might make users think it is beneficial.  But it might be like many drugs  that make you feel good temporarily, and beat the heck out of you long term.

I do not agree, as such, there is no addiction. But of course it all depends on the dosage.

• unsure x 1

#74 stockcarman

• 38 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 September 2021 - 02:14 PM

Just eat a teaspoon of broccoli seeds with a teaspoon of brown mustard seed crushed in a mortar . Much cheaper.
  • unsure x 2
  • Disagree x 1

#75 Helios

• 16 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2022 - 03:06 PM

I've been contemplating this subject myself for many weeks.  I personally seem to get a bit tired or groggy after a week or so of higher doses (over 1,500 mg).

I read Turnbuckles thread on manipulating mitochondria with interest, and think the fusion/fission makes a lot of sense, but haven't really tried it as I cant figure out how to fit it in with my fasting and exercise routine.

After reading the research last week about stearic acid inducing fusion all by itself, it convinced me to try that, and am waiting on delivery of stearic acid supply from amazon tomorrow.

I plan on alternating sublingual NMN for fission, and on off days, stearic acid for fusion.

You may find this interesting:

Goes into Fission/fusion based approaches to excercise and diet.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nad+, nmn, cycling, supplements, sulforaphane, sublingual, bioavailability, tolerance, downregulation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users