• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Maca color? Best Maca extract/powder source?

maca boost confidence best maca maca source maca powder manliness man testosterone boost testosterone assertiveness

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2018 - 10:13 PM

Title says it all, just wondering about what y'all think is the best maca color (black, red, yellow, or a blend of all three) for boosting social dominance, assertiveness/confidence, and/or general manliness. 

I tend to have great, entertaining ideas but I often lack the confidence to articulate them in a well spoken manner. It's hella frustrating but quite a few people have written about how maca seriously helped them with such issues so I'm hopeful that I'll be able to replicate their results.

I'm quite interested in each color as from what I understand, yellow is the best for boosting Testosterone, red is best for motivation/libido (but others say it induces gyno and it could reduce DHT), and black is best for spermatogenesis and overall energy. It's pretty confusing since the reports on each color seem to overlap a lot and people often don't mention what color they're using.

Also, what do y'all think is the best brand or source for Maca? The top three that I've seen mentioned are themacateam, Sevenhills (no reviews on Amazon tho), and Arthur's organics. Also Viva Naturals seem to have good reviews as well.

Do y'all think these are the best sources or are there better ones I should consider?

I do tend to prefer extracts since they're more convenient and powerful in general but with maca it seems like it might be more beneficial to use the gelatinized powder since it contains so many nutrients and minerals.

#2 Adaptogen

• 772 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:48 AM

Black maca generally proves most potent from the pubmed studies I've seen, but I doubt it matters much. as for brands, just get the cheapest organic gelatinized maca product you can find and the quality should be fine. If the seller doesn't specify the variety, it is likely a blend of all three colors, although I'm unsure of the ratio, and it probably consists mostly of yellow maca.

Fwiw, I don't notice prosocial or perceptible mood effects from maca, but it's cheap enough at 3-4 grams/day. I've tried black, red, and mix, and all seem the same to me.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Galaxyshock

• 1,466 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:47 AM

Black maca is the most invigorating variety. I almost felt like I had to exercise daily because of the radical raise in energy levels. Yellow maca and those variety mixes feel smoother.

#4 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:17 PM

Black maca is the most invigorating variety. I almost felt like I had to exercise daily because of the radical raise in energy levels. Yellow maca and those variety mixes feel smoother.

What brand and how much did you use?

#5 Galaxyshock

• 1,466 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:34 PM

What brand and how much did you use?

I bought bulk powder from local seller here in Finland and took up to 2 tablespoons a day.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 jacobjerondin

• Topic Starter
  • 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:15 AM

Thanks guys, actually what I've heard from reddit is that the right type and brand of maca can have incredibly powerful pro-social, highly percertible effects but such products are hard to find, hence my question. People on reddit say that some brands work great and yet they notice unpleasant or lacking effects from others.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maca, boost confidence, best maca, maca source, maca powder, manliness, man, testosterone, boost testosterone, assertiveness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users