• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Is there any nuerogenic drugs that could heal schizophrenia?

mental health schizophrenia

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#31 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:43 PM

I think in sz and psychosis there are a few different hypothesis’ about how it can manifests. Some are related to the inflammation of certain pathways others to the buildup of Adrenalin. From my understanding there are two more main areas that you would want to focus on that being the dopamine and glutamate systems. You can read up on this by searching for “dopamine hypothesis schizophrenia” or look into the nmda receptor in schizophrenia and you will find information on what I am talking about.

I think the racetams are great they help in the glutamatergic systems of our brain and just about all of them protect and build the nmda receptor (which is hypothesised to be dysfunctional), some like phenylpiracetam are more specific in that it can help build the dopamine pathways more than the others. You need to take the racetams everyday and it takes about a week sometimes for them to build up and start working but there are loads of studies in dementia stroke and other cognitive problems where they show a lot of potential in repairing the brain.

Sarcosine and NAC are both supposed to be helpful. Current evidence indicates the roles of glutamatergic system in this disorder. N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) also increases extracellular glutamate.
The glutamatergic system is a key point in pathogenesis of schizophrenia. Sarcosine (N-methylglycine) is an exogenous amino acid that acts as a glycine transporter inhibitor. It modulates glutamatergic transmission by increasing glycine concentration around NMDA (N-methyl-d-aspartate) receptors. In patients with schizophrenia, the function of the glutamatergic system in the prefrontal cortex is impaired, which may promote negative and cognitive symptoms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...ubmed/29126981/
https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4632760/

Is sarcosine the opposite of an NMDA antagonist? Therefore it would increase glutamate which in turn would give energy?

#32 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 October 2018 - 10:14 PM

Yeah I think so. Sarcosine is a co agonist (opposite of antagonist) at the NMDA receptor which is a glutamate receptor, and both glutamate and glycine bind to it. It modulates glutamatergic transmission by increasing glycine concentration around NMDA (N-methyl-d-aspartate) receptors. Sarcosine is a glycine transport inhibitor, but I believe the amino acid glycine is also an agonist. And d-serine works too
I am not sure how or if this processactually increases glutamate though but it is used in the brain for learning, memory and plasticity It also plays an important role in cell energy production and protein synthesis.
So by agonising you are increasing the uptake and increasing energy so I think you are right.

Edited by mono, 11 October 2018 - 10:41 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2018 - 10:24 AM

Does anyone have a reputable source for DIHEXA?, preferably in Europe?, n7store wont accept my business, Iv also found nootropicsource much cheaper and limitlesslifenootropics but I'm not 100% sure they wont rip me off.

#34 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

DIHEXA arrived today, only 0.5 grams, how am I supposed to take it?, dosage?, will the 0.5 grams be enough for the desired effect or is it something you need to take long term?

#35 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 11:36 AM

More focus should be on the "schizo-chemical" Kynurenic acid which may just be what causes all the downstream effects of impaired NMDA and nicotinic acetylcholine function, hyperdopaminergia, neurosteroidal issues etc. One traumatic event during early adulthood may be enough to cause release of Kynurenic acid as the person hasn't yet built proper coping mechanisms of adulthood reality. The brain then wires this Kynurenic acid release and the dissociation it causes as the main stress response from the brain so consecutive psychotic symptoms may raise during times of hardship.

• Agree x 1

#36 mono

• 201 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:52 AM

You will need a scale. Try eBay or amazon, a scale to 0.01 should be fine. You can easily measure out 100mg and cut it into quarters for a daily dose of 25mg.

#37 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:05 AM

i was under the impression they had a cure, at least it was good enough for the positive symptoms?-

#38 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:26 AM

i was under the impression they had a cure, at least it was good enough for the positive symptoms?-

"Cure" is a bit strong of a word... it's true that some Schizophrenics, of certain subtypes, depending on severity, can now get most of their positive symptoms under control, in time, and live a semblance of the life they had prior to the outbreak of the disease - but there's still a strong disparity in how successful the treatments are, and true recovery is far between.

As you've noted, if you have many negative symptoms, those are very hard to treat with the current medical regimens, as well.

There is certainly a lot of exciting possibilities coming up though, for the treatment of Schiz' - tons of new forms of drugs, tons of pathways and ideas: synapse growth enhancers, KYNA metabolism disrupters, nicotinic agonists, dopamine-serotonin activity modulators... The list goes on and on and on...

Sh*t-loads of stuff is about to hit the schiz'-world, yo! Give it 10 years, and treatment may well be completely different.

#39 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:47 AM

"

There is certainly a lot of exciting possibilities coming up though, for the treatment of Schiz' - tons of new forms of drugs, tons of pathways and ideas: synapse growth enhancers, KYNA metabolism disrupters, nicotinic agonists, dopamine-serotonin activity modulators... The list goes on and on and on...

Sh*t-loads of stuff is about to hit the schiz'-world, yo! Give it 10 years, and treatment may well be completely different.

I would add neurotensin to the list - that peptide might in fact be an endogenous antipsychotic.

• Good Point x 1

#40 HighDesertWizard

• 830 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:48 AM

More focus should be on the "schizo-chemical" Kynurenic acid which may just be what causes all the downstream effects of impaired NMDA and nicotinic acetylcholine function, hyperdopaminergia, neurosteroidal issues etc. One traumatic event during early adulthood may be enough to cause release of Kynurenic acid as the person hasn't yet built proper coping mechanisms of adulthood reality. The brain then wires this Kynurenic acid release and the dissociation it causes as the main stress response from the brain so consecutive psychotic symptoms may raise during times of hardship.

I've been following that literature some. I'm cool with the value of speculation, in this case, that a traumatic event can be a trigger for initial Kynurenic signaling.

Do you have a study link showing that this has been demonstrated to actually happen?

Thanks for posting.
  • Good Point x 1

#41 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:57 PM

At the risk of sounding pessimistic, I think many of those treatments will fizzle out.  Some may even make things worse, but for sure a few will emerge as modern champs.

A lot of these things will just be solved 80% of the way even in modern times, while people may have to endure the remaining 20%.  The brain is a complex system, the more changes you make the more unintended consequences, you get to a point of diminishing returns where to fix the remaining 20% you have to break 40% of something else.  So having a good attitude will always help

#42 MichaelTheAnhedonic

• 179 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

"Cure" is a bit strong of a word... it's true that some Schizophrenics, of certain subtypes, depending on severity, can now get most of their positive symptoms under control, in time, and live a semblance of the life they had prior to the outbreak of the disease - but there's still a strong disparity in how successful the treatments are, and true recovery is far between.

As you've noted, if you have many negative symptoms, those are very hard to treat with the current medical regimens, as well.

It's sounds optimistic, but 10 years for a person that is struggling with negative symptoms is like 100 years for a normal, healthy person. Trust me, if you remember me - I'm that guy who suffers from strong negative symptoms (I don't have any positive). Every day is like you're in prison, alone, with no one to speak to. Without almost any stimulation. 

Anyway, L-DOPA is effective against simple schizophrenia - https://en.wikipedia...e_schizophrenia - check the treatment section. Maybe it's only temporary relief, but if someone is suffering everyday from apathy, it could be a huge relief. The thing is L-DOPA can aggrevate positive symptoms, so it's not used commonly in schizophrenics. 

• Agree x 1

#43 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2018 - 11:47 AM

Iv been seeing improvement from NSI 189 and dihexa, there are brief moments where psychosis is completely gone and I can see my environment as it really is free from hallucinations and it's amazing to have that burden gone,I also feel good at times in a way I used to before huffing gasoline, wish it was more consistent, I got the digital scale but haven't measured the Dihexa yet just taking small dabs everyday out of desperation, I also started clozapine 2 weeks ago but it's been stopped due to it increasing my heart rate so my only hope now is nootropics.

#44 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:57 PM

This makes sense.  Positive schizophrenia boils down to an excess of glutamate, too much PKC activity, and, in turn, not enough neurotrophins and structural degradation.  The prefrontal lobe is suffering in effect the same symptoms as to what in the hippocampus and striatum explains dementia.

#45 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

I have no idea what you just said other then it's helping me, I don't actually have schizophrenia just paranoid psychosis from abusing solvents.

#46 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:37 PM

were they primarily toluene-based solvents?

#47 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

I know about toluene, it dissolves the meylin sheath around synapses???, yes leaded gasoline contains toluene.

Iv upped the dosage to 2 dabs a day of DIHEXA, no time to waste fixing this damage, I'll order a full gram this week.

#48 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 03:56 PM

I didn't know about toluene and myelin, but yeah it makes sense why you would have only some symptoms of schizophrenia.

Dihexa is primarily a hepatocyte growth factor releasing agent, so it is a good choice.  Other supplements for supporting the microglia and myelinal growth include blueberries, magnesium, and flavonoid-rich foods.

#49 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:03 PM

Cheers dude, I was eating blueberries in mass building shakes for building muscle, can't imagine them been more effective then DIHEXA, today's the first day I started taking double, maybe reckless but trust me if your living in mental agony due to constantly hallucinating you would do the same, I feel almost instantly happier and hallucinating a lot less as opposed to feeling very down and hallucinating non stop earlier on.

#50 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:07 PM

that's good an eventually you should be able to quit and retain the cumulative benefits.  cycling Bacopa seems prudent here as well.

P.S. be sure to taper off or quit or bounce your ideas off a medical professional if you notice anything getting out of control.

#51 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2018 - 05:13 PM

I have no idea what bacopa is, I have no idea how long I will need this, I'm a long way of normality, no point talking to a medical professional they have no clue about nootropics as there not in actual medicine, I trusted my psychiatrists and GP for ten years and got no where, I stand out from most been my psychiatric disorders are a result of toxic brain injury, I'm delighted I found this website and got the know how on which nootropics to take.

#52 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:40 PM

bacopa is a cheap and over the counter indian herb with the promising effects on serotonin, glutamate, and dopamine dysfunction.  within the brain it induces stem cell proliferation and neurite outgrowth.  had i damaged myself, bacopa would be near the top of my to-do list.

i understand that doctors are closely tied to pharma, and pharma may sometimes push products which are not the healthiest.  but you should still confide in a physician.  find one you align with, even if only 10% of the way.  you can have bloodwork done every once in a while as a sanity check that you aren't wrought with cancer or horribly depleted in some unexpected nutrient.  strange things may happen when you take fate into your own hands

#53 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2018 - 09:47 PM

So bacopa would have a similar effect to stem cell therapy?, that would be amazing.

#54 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 12:31 AM

not saying bacopa is a miracle drug, but yes it helped me in my recovery.  it helps me think clearly and remember facts and dates and things about myself.  it also enhances your vocabulary, and helps you sound more educated to a variety of audiences.  it makes you a bit groggy and upset stomach, but it doesn't have to be taken daily and the benefits of a single cycle remain with you for life; you really feel as though adjacent brain regions have grown into one another.  so yes, I believe it could help you in your recovery

• like x 1

#55 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:29 AM

I'll try it, I'd do anything to be free from paranoid psychosis / hallucinations, sadly I already was intellectual before the solvents, high artistic fluid speech, brain was always lit up with ideas / insights, didn't need nootropics it was all already there, lost it all in 6 months huffing and spent the next 20 years a shadow of my former self.

#56 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

Took a double dab of DIHEXA it's not stopping my psychosis.

#57 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:15 PM

Took a double dab of DIHEXA it's not stopping my psychosis.

If it's not working, I suggest you take an antipsychotic as soon as possible - I definitively also recommend that you resume contact with your Dr's.

#58 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:48 PM

for the benefit of ourselves, i do hope he's a troll

#59 FunSponge

• Topic Starter
  • Registrant
  • 113 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:42 AM

A troll?, that's nice thanks, I'd love for you to spend an agonizing day in my shoes like yesterday and then tell me I'm a troll, of course I'm in touch with my doctors the problem is the anti psychotics aren't working, given how my psychiatric disorders are a result of toxic brain injury and not genetics / drug abuse maybe nootropics might work for me, yesterday I just went to bed early in pain, I was able to close my eyes and block out the psychosis something I have never been able to do before so maybe the DIHEXA is helping, I woke up more clear headed and was able to drift back asleep, just woke up again and my mind isn't racing or going crazy, usually the hallucinations start upon waking.

I'm just a guy going through an awful lot and doing everything possible to get better so please don't refer to me as a troll.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#60 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:42 PM

A troll?, that's nice thanks, I'd love for you to spend an agonizing day in my shoes like yesterday and then tell me I'm a troll, of course I'm in touch with my doctors the problem is the anti psychotics aren't working, given how my psychiatric disorders are a result of toxic brain injury and not genetics / drug abuse maybe nootropics might work for me, yesterday I just went to bed early in pain, I was able to close my eyes and block out the psychosis something I have never been able to do before so maybe the DIHEXA is helping, I woke up more clear headed and was able to drift back asleep, just woke up again and my mind isn't racing or going crazy, usually the hallucinations start upon waking.

I'm just a guy going through an awful lot and doing everything possible to get better so please don't refer to me as a troll.

Have you tested your sample of Dihexa, to make sure it's actually Dihexa? If your synthesis is impure, it could easily lead to inconsistent effects - don't just take the manufacturers word for it, try to get it analyzed by a third party.

Here, this organisation lets you, for a fee, test various drugs - throw them an email and ask them if they can test for Dihexa.

https://energycontro...esting-service/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users