Fisetin: Senolytic!

fisetin senolytic

• Please log in to reply
396 replies to this topic
⌛⇒ write a quiz!

#391 dripdropdrip

• 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:57 PM

Hi folks, I've been following this thread and been interested in participating in the self experimentation. Clearly all self experimentation will be ineffective or harmful unless you have a good clean source of Fisetin. 

Here are some thoughts on sources:

1) Get if from the same source as they used in the mouse study. In terms of recreating the same positive effect it would make sense to get Fisetin from the same source. Also that source tests the purity and displays it for each batch/lot on the website so it's a know value. The problem is that when I contacted them they stated "Our products are only for professional lab research (experiments) use only, not for human use (or medical treatment)". Well that stinks. I guess we could ignore that warning but I'm not sure how risky that is. Also we would have to pretend to be lab to order it. 

2) Off the shelf products like Dr Best or Rejuvenation Therapeutics. 
    a) There are no purity test for these products and since supplements are unregulated it could be 90% filler. If the purity is low then you have not taken enough to recreate the mouse experiment and will never see any result like those.
    b) Worse these unregulated products could be contaminated and cause poisoning or harm from that contaminant when taken in large quantities. When taking Rejuvenation Therapeutics a few people have noted high body temperatures during their experimentation. Some here have pointed to this as a possible indicator of effectiveness. It could also be an indicator of contamination and the high body temperature a reaction to that contamination. Just a possibility but as scientists we must look at all possibilities.

I'm not sure anyone here who has done a self experiment has actually recreated the mouse study. In other words I don't know if anyone here has obtained Fisetin with a purity level of greater then 95%. I know we all want the same effect on ourselves as they got in the mouse study. So our very first step should be finding a Fisetin source that has a measured purity and that is fit for human use.

What are your thoughts on the following possibilities?
1) We could buy Fisetin off the shelf and test the purity. Suggestions on how to test the purity?
2) We could buy Fisetin from a trustworthy company that tests and reports the purity. Any suggestions on companies like this?
3) Another option I did not think of.

• like x 2

#392 Oakman

• 727 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:07 AM

on #1 perhaps these folks could help... http://homebrewbio.tech/

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#393 stefan_001

• 1,020 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:24 AM

As far as I coukd fund in the past most products use the Fisetin ingredient from Cyvix called Nuvosetin. Cyvix looks real and reliable. Thats what I check on the label when I buy.
  • like x 1

#394 Engadin

• 20 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:20 PM

As far as I coukd fund in the past most products use the Fisetin ingredient from Cyvix called Nuvosetin. Cyvix looks real and reliable. Thats what I check on the label when I buy.

Would you please post a link to Cyvix? I am unable to find it in terms of chemical company. Thanks.

#395 stefan_001

• 1,020 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:42 PM

Would you please post a link to Cyvix? I am unable to find it in terms of chemical company. Thanks.

sorry its cyvex nutrition

But it seems things have happened. Cyvex is owned by https://omegaprotein.com. Since omegaprotein has also acquired Bioriginal and it seems novusetin is moved to that portfolio:

https://www.biorigin...ents/novusetin/

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#396 Vastmandana

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:30 AM

Novusetin is what I use also... I've bought unspecified Fisetin before but no longer use it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#397 stefan_001

• 1,020 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:41 PM

http://www.nrcresear...59#.XD5WglFoSM8

Fisetin, a potential caloric restriction mimetic, attenuates senescence biomarkers in rat erythrocytes

• Informative x 3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fisetin, senolytic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users