* * * * - 7 votes

Fisetin: Senolytic!

fisetin senolytic

• Please log in to reply
578 replies to this topic

#571 Daniel Cooper

• 944 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 01:40 PM

vastmandana, what do you mean fisetin cannot be patented. there are two patents, cognisetin and novusetin. which one are you using?

Those are "use patents".  They patent the use of a compound (which is unpatentable because it is found in nature or is itself off patent) for a specific purpose.  The person that gets such a patent has the right to market that specific compound for that specific use without competition.  However, other people can make and market the compound for other uses and nothing prevents a purchaser from buying from those sellers and using it for the patented use.  As such, use patents are practically worthless except to put on your product label that your product contains "special patented compounds".

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 19 April 2019 - 01:42 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Informative x 1

#572 GABAergic

• 177 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

If you are unwilling to spend the time to do the research, I'd suggest to save yourself those 10 mins spent here and use them elsewhere.

Nobody should be expected to spoonfeed you, ok?

you might be right. i shouldnt expect answers when i ask people to give me some. hey, better use google and not socialize, discuss, or ask any questions. as you say, its called "spoonfeeding" and its bad

Those are "use patents".  They patent the use of a compound (which is unpatentable because it is found in nature or is itself off patent) for a specific purpose.  The person that gets such a patent has the right to market that specific compound for that specific use without competition.  However, other people can make and market the compound for other uses and nothing prevents a purchaser from buying from those sellers and using it for the patented use.  As such, use patents are practically worthless except to put on your product label that your product contains "special patented compounds".

i see. because i do see a lot of so called "patents" on natural ingredients and it always baffled me. in fact, some natural ingredients do not even come in their full natural form anymore but are brand name "patents". its interesting

Edited by GABAergic, 19 April 2019 - 07:09 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 3
  • Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#573 ambivalent

• 353 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2019 - 01:44 AM

If you are unwilling to spend the time to do the research, I'd suggest to save yourself those 10 mins spent here and use them elsewhere.

Nobody should be expected to spoonfeed you, ok?

Whilst I agree in a sense with this, people whouldn't be too discouraged from querying on points which could or have been answered somewhere in the thread, or indeed repeating questions. Repetition reinforces knowledge and of course we are all interested in experiences, new data points and should seek to aid informed decision-making in order to achieve that goal - that is broadly what happens.   

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#574 aribadabar

• 590 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:36 PM

Whilst I agree in a sense with this, people whouldn't be too discouraged from querying on points which could or have been answered somewhere in the thread, or indeed repeating questions. Repetition reinforces knowledge and of course we are all interested in experiences, new data points and should seek to aid informed decision-making in order to achieve that goal - that is broadly what happens.   

That's not the case with the user quoted - if you read his comment history and overall tone he almost demands replies but he can't be bothered, by his own admission, to do much, if it at all, himself.

That's a far cry from querying on certain points and I don't think such behaviour should be encouraged/tolerated and that was my point.

Everybody here asks questions but most do it in a cooperative and respectful manner - something that it is not evident in the case discussed.

• Agree x 3
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1

#575 aribadabar

• 590 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

you might be right. i shouldnt expect answers when i ask people to give me some. hey, better use google and not socialize, discuss, or ask any questions. as you say, its called "spoonfeeding" and its bad

Of course I am right - FYI your passive-aggressive tone does not earn you much respect and willingness to assist you.

As I said, if all you can spare is 10 min (your words) this venue is not for you. Think about it - the person you are asking questions would probably spend more to respond so you may want to re-think your overall approach and strategy.

• Agree x 4
  • Well Written x 1
  • Disagree x 1

#576 GABAergic

• 177 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

Of course I am right - FYI your passive-aggressive tone does not earn you much respect and willingness to assist you.

As I said, if all you can spare is 10 min (your words) this venue is not for you. Think about it - the person you are asking questions would probably spend more to respond so you may want to re-think your overall approach and strategy.

everyone is different. im a busy guy but im sure others are different and others, unlike you, might not be bothered so much to spend more time and help others who need the help. now, obviously you are not the helping type, so at least dont bother me

• Pointless, Timewasting x 4
  • Disagree x 2
  • Off-Topic x 1
  • Unfriendly x 1
  • Cheerful x 1
  • Ill informed x 1

#577 aribadabar

• 590 posts

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:29 PM

everyone is different. im a busy guy but im sure others are different and others, unlike you, might not be bothered so much to spend more time and help others who need the help. now, obviously you are not the helping type, so at least dont bother me

I am sure many disagree with your statements as evidenced by the ratings your posts garner.
I will stop calling your behaviour out when one of the 2 following things occur: 1) you change your tone and 2) don't "grace" us with your mooching passive-aggressive presence. Make your pick. Until then, don't bet on my staying silent.
  • Agree x 2
  • Off-Topic x 2
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Good Point x 1
  • like x 1
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#578 ambivalent

• 353 posts
  • NO

Posted Today, 02:21 PM

An update:

Two days ago I entered in to my third dose of Fisetin, a couple of months or so since the last dose. Previous doses were of 3 and 4 grams, mixed in with olive oil. I upped the dose once more to 5 grams again in oil mixed with a sprinkling of black pepper. A minute prior I took a couple of lecithin gel capsules, I can't confirm the dose at this moment, but they were probably around a gram each, with 8 turmeric + black pepper capsules which were either 500mg or 600mg each. I undertook this a few hours before bed, which happened to be late am. (I don't have evidence anecdotal or otherwise that these extras improve the bioavailability of fisetin, though I appear to have experienced more than others have reported at these doses.)

Within an hour or so I experienced a mild headache and subsequently a restless night. I awoke to a sore throat, with my glands hinting at their presence, I also experienced an intermittent cough during the day. I would describe the experience as feeling a little run down as we do a the beginning or tail end of a sickness, but nothing that would cause the cancelling of plans - you'd just prefer to rest. Today I felt a little off when I awoke, but nothing significant.

This was certainly different to the previous experiences, with brief mild hints of flu-like symptoms: this was far more significant. Naturally, one can only speculate that the effect would have been more severe if this had been my first dose, without any prior senescent cell clearance. One observation I noted yesterday, as I had on the previous occurrences, was increased pain in my arthritic knee, which initially weakened and then strengthened on the previous two occasions. Also, I'm just reminded of something of an intermittent eye-socket pain which started yesterday, which I've experienced before but can't recall the context, possibly fasting.

Also, one of the notable first dose experience of fisetin was an overnight 90% cessation of an allergic/asthmatic cough I'd been struggling with towards the end of last year. I have passed through the pollen season with no problems thus far, I'm hesitant to attribute the long lasting effect on fisetin as I believe the problem was due to zinc deficiency which I subsequently addressed, a couple of weeks after the dose. Also red wine always seemed to trigger a cough, but has not done so that first dose.

So the question is what next? The dose related flu-like symptoms of fisetin I've experienced and the known effect of Dasatinib on senescent cell clearance (in people) with coupled with severe flu-like symptoms, leads one to ponder whether the fisetin dose needs to be ramped up significantly to attain similar effects. It is crude conjecture a Dasatinib is a drug and fisetin a flavonoid, but if the flu-like effects are purely down to senescent cell clearance then it seems a reasonable hypotheses.   

edit I should add this was the first time I used lecithin, black pepper and only may have taken a capsule or two of turmeric on the previous occasion. The primary difference between my experience and others, apart from dose, was the use of olive oil.

Also, I should add for those who don't recall the update, I experienced delayed blood clotting a few days after the first dose when I nicked a small mole while shaving - which is a known risk /effect of eliminating senescent cells (linked earlier in the thread) 

Edited by ambivalent, Today, 02:38 PM.

• unsure x 1
  • Informative x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#579 GABAergic

• 177 posts

Posted Today, 05:50 PM

personally, ill wait for a guinea pig like you ambivalent to continue this and maybe if you are ok after few years, ill probably finally give fisetin a try.

so far this thing is too much speculation not enough substance. of course, its costing money. huge hole in your pocket over time. while there is some senescent clearing thats free like fasting. i guess doing natural things like that is absolute no by the supplement junkie community.  not to say the least that nobody tests those batches for quality and percent of labeled ingredient. FDA continuously reports adulteration and fake ingredients in supplement industry. that is only IF fisetin were to actually work, most of you using it, wont even know if its even in your bottle.

ill also wait for aridibabar to continue and report his experimentation. he is my little mouse :)

• Needs references x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • WellResearched x 1
  • dislike x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fisetin, senolytic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users